Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Guys it's the intake he is talking about, NOT the intake manifold....look at the pics he upped...
Oh man, that's just going to de-rail this thread in another direction.

gameover - maybe start another thread on the 2018 GT intake elbow & box on a '15-'17 F150 mani???
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, that's just going to de-rail this thread in another direction.

gameover - maybe start another thread on the 2018 GT intake elbow & box on a '15-'17 F150 mani???
I would but not running either. I'll let Apex do that. :D

Kevin

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Doh!! :doh:

Wrong guy lol.

no prob. I am following this thread to help others with my experience while running the f150 for a few months. :cheers:

member I sold the intake too is putting it on this weekend. :clap2:

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I tried asking others but could never get an answer. Is there anything different on that one in terms of size?
I plead the 5th till I buy them all up... lol

Sponsored

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had my F150 IM installed last weekend. Like others have said, there's a noticeable improvement in low to mid range power. It's my DD and 99.99% city-driven, so I can't comment on anything above 6500 rpms.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I have not seen it yet so does the manifold use the stock TB size or do I need an adapter?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have not seen it yet so does the manifold use the stock TB size or do I need an adapter?
Stock TB will bolt right on.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Well since I've installed my F150 I've really enjoyed the torque increase and no sign of power loss to 7k rpm. I have however noticed some issues. My throttle response has gotten lazy off idle and I now feel the torque spikes especially rolling into WOT in 1-3 gear. 4th cleans up and pulls really hard. Since I am running a Lund Flex tune setup for the factory manifold, I'm going to submit a ticket for a revision. I'm pretty sure Lund can work out the kinks. The lazy throttle response is wierd. I have no vaccuum leaks and my solenoids are connected and working.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well since I've installed my F150 I've really enjoyed the torque increase and no sign of power loss to 7k rpm. I have however noticed some issues. My throttle response has gotten lazy off idle and I now feel the torque spikes especially rolling into WOT in 1-3 gear. 4th cleans up and pulls really hard. Since I am running a Lund Flex tune setup for the factory manifold, I'm going to submit a ticket for a revision. I'm pretty sure Lund can work out the kinks. The lazy throttle response is wierd. I have no vaccuum leaks and my solenoids are connected and working.
Ask them to give you a calibration with the throttle mapping set to the same as stock for Normal mode. Lund was kind enough to do this for me today and it really helped as the car was going WOT at 60% throttle before.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I have a Base PP so I don't have different modes. I'm pretty sure my throttle mapping is stock in my tune. I would like it a little more responsive. I just ordered a 3 month revision.

Ask them to give you a calibration with the throttle mapping set to the same as stock for Normal mode. Lund was kind enough to do this for me today and it really helped as the car was going WOT at 60% throttle before.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I spoke with my tuner and since there is really nothing that can be revised on my tune for the F-150 intake and I am having mid range surging issues and slow throttle response, I'm going back to the stock intake until I upgrade to a 2018 intake or Boss. I'd much rather run an intake my tuner is familiar with.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I spoke with my tuner and since there is really nothing that can be revised on my tune for the F-150 intake and I am having mid range surging issues and slow throttle response, I'm going back to the stock intake until I upgrade to a 2018 intake or Boss. I'd much rather run an intake my tuner is familiar with.
Well mine just came in. I am planning on doing a 93 tune so do you think it has to do with you having flex fuel?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Let us know how it feels going back ... at times I wonder what it'd be like again but I'm afraid I'd prefer the F150 more and then have to do a 3rd mani swap. :headbonk:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a Base PP so I don't have different modes. I'm pretty sure my throttle mapping is stock in my tune. I would like it a little more responsive. I just ordered a 3 month revision.
I thought mine was stock too until they told me it was actually modified. I noticed it looking at my most recent logs where the throttle was opening way more than my actual pedal position.

The way I stumbled on this was I was chasing down my car dying on me when giving it gas pretty similar to what you might be experiencing.

The problem isn't as bad for me, but a lot of the surging is now gone. I still have an issue where giving it a "lot" of gas causes the car to stumble.
Sponsored