Sponsored

Private Track Event - Buttonwillow Raceway 4/16/18

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
unfortunately, motels are the best you are gonna get near the track. Bakersfield is a little too far.

since this is a 1 day event. There are more hotels further north (Harris RAnch) and south (near Grapevine), on your way to the track.

Its totally doable from Bakersfield. I make the drive from Long Beach in the morning when I go to Buttonwillow. If you want anything closer then its Motels. Holiday Inn on Marriott Dr. is a clean hotel and cheap . DO NOT STAY at the Extended Stay Hotel of I5.
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.31.27 PM.png
Sponsored

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Last edited:

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I just booked my room:

Best Western Heritage Inn
253 Trask Street
Bakersfield, California 93314

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...-western-heritage-inn/propertyCode.05560.html

Only 17 miles from the track and looks better then the local Motels.
Yep, the back of it is right on the freeway. I've stayed at the Vagabond across the street a few times. Not the girlfriends favorite, that's for sure. Haven't stayed at the Best Western though so I can't tell you what it is like.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Its totally doable from Bakersfield. I make the drive from Long Beach in the morning when I go to Buttonwillow. If you want anything closer then its Motels. Holiday Inn on Marriott Dr. is a clean hotel and cheap . DO NOT STAY at the Extended Stay Hotel of I5.
I just changed my room off a recommendation to:

Best Western Plus Wasco Inn & Suites
1704 Highway 46
Wasco, California 93280

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...plus-wasco-inn-suites/propertyCode.05688.html

Only 18 miles from the track and looks better then the local Motels.
Yep, the back of it is right on the freeway. I've stayed at the Vagabond across the street a few times. Not the girlfriends favorite, that's for sure. Haven't stayed at the Best Western though so I can't tell you what it is like.
My only concern is that I'll still have wheels on my car in the morning.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Long way from Florida ;(

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Lots of good data being shared. Love it.

Her are some recommendations for additional track insurance that was passed on by the staff at Buttonwillow. This is assuming your policy personal vehicle doesn’t have something to cover the day.

RLI Track Day Insurance 844-863-0351
Lockton Affinity 913-652-7529

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Lots of good data being shared. Love it.

Her are some recommendations for additional track insurance that was passed on by the staff at Buttonwillow. This is assuming your policy personal vehicle doesn’t have something to cover the day.

RLI Track Day Insurance 844-863-0351
Lockton Affinity 913-652-7529
Just a thought maybe as the organizer you could talk with one of these companies and get a group rate so we could all get track insurance at a affordable rate.

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just a thought maybe as the organizer you could talk with one of these companies and get a group rate so we could all get track insurance at a affordable rate.
I can see the insurance getting a little tricky. Declared value on your car, bodily injury, ect. Not sure if I can get a flat rate with the field of cars we have.

Even still, it is a safe bet to have added insurance. I do not mind calling one of these entities to see what I can work. It would have to be all or nothing though. If everyone is good with opting in then it makes it easy to get done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Run Groups

Check it out guys. Here are the run groups based on the experience levels you have all reported. If you need to be moved up/down send me a PM to discuss. Should have some finalized info here soon, along with the due date for the final costs of the track day.

Green Beginner Group
nichtechla
Murdered S550
ChrisV_S550
Snake662
ivaderi
Rocketman5.0
WykdZl1
Geepaw
Ronda Roushe
Texas Muscle 5.2
5.4 Dreams
Ghost Driven
Jredondox x 2
Hegonee5.0
Eye350re
Icormba
Icormba

Blue Intermediate Group
Oxford5pointoh
TRMKars
Kim Jennings413
Nvrfinished
Dtmaso
braco427
Ignition Photo
Beat Knox
Signature Domestic
Bmarco
Byron J
Sublime1996525
SpursFan
Famlymn
Charnt11
Zcobra1

Red Advanced Group
VuduGT350
MaxJanisch
Dezertnut
calibercustoms
Honeybadger
antman450
Doz
Honest ZL1
Nordique14
Raiderjatt02
Tomster
OldBMWFan
65Sohc
Viva Brasil
S550 Tim
Trackaholic
OC350R
Hillbank Motorsports Mike
BSures
ZL1 Addons
ZL1 Addons
Jeff R
Ashton S
949 Racing
BellWilliam

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Very happy to provide you all with todays update. I have been collaborating with some of the advanced drivers to work out details for the track day, and it looks like we are going to have a BLAST. Between the group of enthusiasts we have attending, it will be an excellent time to gain and share some knowledge. Lots of good networking to be done and memories to be made. Some small items are still up for change, but this is a solid framework for the event. Please subscribe and follow the Private Buttonwillow track day threads on Mustang 6G and Track Mustangs Online. The event will occur rain or shine. Please forward this email to any friends of yours that are attending, but paid under one email account.

Fees:
The total for the track day has increased by $10 to $225. This will include costs for a BLS ambulance during the first few sessions before lunch, and custom shirts made for the event. The final remaining fee of $175 will be due by Sunday, 3/25/18. This will provide time for everyone to have a pay day before the event, get the shirts ordered, and submit final payment to the track. Send the final payment to me via PayPal as a gift (or include the fee) to [email protected] and include your shirt size. Do not forget the "s" at the end of exhibition.

Track Day Schedule:
0645-0730 - Check in
0730-0745 - Drivers Meeting
0800-0845 - Classroom instruction for new drivers
0800-0845 - Tech Inspections and vehicle Prep
0900-0915 - Warm up session for advanced group
0915-0930 - Warm up session for intermediate
0930-0945 - Lead follow for beginner group
0945-1000 – Break / Group Discussions
1000-1020 - intermediate group (breakdown session after)
1020-1040 - advanced group (breakdown session after)
1040-1100 - Beginner group (breakdown session after)
1100-1200 – Continued Rotating Sessions
1200-1300 – Lunch Break
1300-1500 – Continued rotating group sessions
1500-1515 – Break
1520-1540 – Ride Along
1600-1700 – Final Sessions
1700-1800 – Shut down, cleanup, final meeting

The track itself opens at 0600 and we can race until 1700. There is a $10 fee per vehicle entering the park. You need to be out of the raceway by 1800. I suggest everyone arrive at 0600 so you can get setup and get yourself prepared. There is a kitchen on site for you to get food etc, but if you have never been to the track before I suggest you bring a cooler with water and snacks. Staying fed and hydrated are key throughout the day. Everyone planning to track their car that day needs to check in and attend the drivers meeting. If you do not attend the drivers meeting, you will not be on track until we get you checked in. Some of the advanced group drivers have volunteered to provide some classroom instruction for the beginner drivers. Everyone in that group needs to attend the classroom session before they are allowed on track. At the drivers meeting I will go into detail about the schedule, but feel free to PM, post, or email questions if you have them.

Tech Inspection:

I will be providing a self-tech inspection sheet at the time of check in. Making sure your vehicle is prepped for the track and free of any leaks is a major safety concern. We will have several advanced drivers, and luckily the folks from Hillbank Motorsports and ZL1 Addons will be available to answer any questions you may have, or if you want them to double check your car for you.

Run Groups:

Run Groups have been established based on the number of on-track days you participated in, and can be found on the track day forum posts mentioned earlier. If there is any issue with where you are placed, please let me know. As the day progresses there will be opportunities to move and mix the run groups as driver confidence and safety increases. Run group rules will be discussed at the drivers meeting and may change as driver confidence increases.

Safety Equipment:

• Helmet – Required (SA2010+ certification )
  • Gloves – HIGHLY Recommended (fire proof suggested, but not required)
  • Pants – Required (Jeans or better)
  • Car Numbers – Required (Tape, liquid chalk, etc)
  • Front Tow Hook – Optional, but HIGHLY recommended
  • Rear Tow Hook – Optional
  • Fire extinguisher – Optional, but recommended

Given the nature of this event I am not making it a requirement for vehicles to have tow hooks and fire extinguishers. We will have towing and fire suppression staff on site at the track. However, I must stress that tow hooks are HIGHLY recommended. If you find yourself stuck or broken on track the entire day has to stop. The tow truck will not be taking its time to find a perfect location to hook up to your vehicle, as they need to get you off the course ASAP. Not having a place for them to connect to your vehicle may result in more damage if they strap somewhere else. If you need a tow hook I can order you one at a discount through ZL1 Addons. Racing gloves are recommended as sweaty hands and fatigue can cause an issue if you lose grip of the wheel.

Saturday/Sunday Funday:

Many of us will be at the Fabulous Fords Forever show in Buena park the weekend prior to the track day. I will also be staying closer to Buttonwillow the night before the event. If anyone is interested in meeting up the day/night before, let me know and we can make it happen.

Buttonwillow Specific Information:

I have taken it upon myself to coordinate the event and provide you all with a great day to network with other enthusiasts, and put your vehicles on track. I am not a track day event company, and I am not responsible/liable for any damages that occur to you or your vehicle during this event. The insurance policy we are required to purchase for the event is to cover any damage to the track itself. Buttonwillow has two insurance companies they recommended for additional coverage at the track to cover damage to your person, or vehicle that your normal insurance policy may not cover. Getting additional insurance(s) are personal choices for you to make. The old adage of "don't take it to the track if you cant afford to replace it applies." If you do not have vehicle or personal medical coverage it is REQUIRED you get some before the event. I was not able to nail down a group policy since the declared values of each car is across the board. If you want to sign up for some, give them a call. A quick google search will also find many other insurance companies.

• RLI Track Day Insurance 1-844-863-0351
  • Lockton Affinity 1-913-652-7529

Scott L provided some great videos he found on Buttonwillow. We will be running configuration one clockwise so take a moment to watch these and some others if you have not been there before. There is also some good documents on the driving lines attached.

Inviting friends to come along and watch is encouraged. Let your buddies know to come out and enjoy a fun day at the track. Contact me if you have any specific questions or concerns. I have taken it upon myself to coordinate the event and provide you all with a great day to network with other enthusiasts, and put your vehicles on track. I am not a track day event company, and I am not responsible/liable for any damages that occur to you or your vehicle during this event.

Thanks Guys :cheers:

Last edited:

braco427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2006 BMW 330i
Given the nature of this event I am not making it a requirement for vehicles to have tow hooks and fire extinguishers. We will have towing and fire suppression staff on site at the track. However, I must stress that tow hooks are HIGHLY recommended.

Thanks Guys :cheers:
Maybe ask ZL1 folks to setup a front tow hook install station? If the track allows it and they are up for doing something like that.

From what I've heard it doesn't take long if you know what you are doing and have the right tools. People could sign up ahead of time.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Maybe ask ZL1 folks to setup a front tow hook install station? If the track allows it and they are up for doing something like that.

From what I've heard it doesn't take long if you know what you are doing and have the right tools. People could sign up ahead of time.
I can bring my "special Hockey Stick tool"! ;)

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Please please please get some track side video. It's going to be sick having a dozen GT350's flying by! So jelly.
Sponsored