Sponsored

Why are there so many low milelage used GT350's for sale?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
They either moved on to the next best thing, or the car just isn't what they expected. No American car has had a high revving V8 made for the track. American car buyers are use to buying muscle cars from the big 3, which this is not. There are many of us out there though, who knew exactly what we were buying, and it has met and exceeded those expectations. Plan on keeping my car for life. Nearly a year and half later I still itch to drive the car everyday. It's become an addiction/habit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The bigger issue is convincing the "Boss" to spend $60,000+ on a car. There are several used "16's out there for less than $50,000 so that is the route I'll take. I will still need to shop outside of my region though to get that price.

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
Thanks for the responses. I live in the Pacific North West so a lot of the dealers here are still trying to get $10,000 ADM's on left over 17's so I'm looking for a used one. Car will be driven 3 to 4 days a week but most likely not tracked so a '16 Tech Pack will be what I look for.
No need to pay any ADM - check out Auto Trader. Nearly 5 months ago, found exactly what I wanted, dealer wanted 10k over. Thirty minutes later, knowing that I was serious and ready to buy, bought at MSRP. Also got extra oil filter, and 10 quarts of Ford Syn oil thrown in. And this car was fairly rare, somewhat rare color combo with convenience package seats.

Did not care it was 850 miles away. Deal was contingent upon my personal inspection and approval of car... and I bought the electron microscope with me!! :cheers:

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
The other thing to remember is the people who tend to buy this type of vehicle are a fickle bunch. They like the next best thing and canā€™t wait to be first in line for the performance car du jour. The GT350 is old news at this point.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thats a good question. For a car that had/has such a great hype about it and reviewed so well by enthusiast, The market seems to be flooded with them with low miles. Its weird and i only imagine it getting worst now that the GT500 has been confirmed for next year.
Some people seem to want to make something out of nothing.

Did an Autotrader search within 500 miles, which covers all of Florida and into GA from where I am. 154 GT350s 16-17. 824 Mustang GTs for the same years. 5 GT350Rs Cars get traded...some people don't keep them more than a year or two. It's how it's always been...but people love trying to make it seem like there's some big secret about why there are "so many". Hilarious.

5 GT350Rs.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Add me to the selling a low mileage GT350 bunch. I am looking for a buyer on my '17 GT350 with 1800 miles on it (I'm in Florida though).. why am I getting rid of it? For the best reason possible. I ordered an R. :)

When did I notice people getting rid of cars and the market adjusting itself downward on the GT350? It was roughly at the time that the lawsuit started regarding the 2016's going into "limp mode" combined with the big recall on the 2016/early 2017's Oil Cooler line. Those two things seemed to have an affect on the GT350 and it was at that point that I saw dealers that had been selling for big ADM's start selling at MSRP (or lower). More used units started showing up on dealer lots. The hype seemed to be mostly over on non-R's, hence those that were riding the hype-train dumping the car for something else.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Some people seem to want to make something out of nothing.

Did an Autotrader search within 500 miles, which covers all of Florida and into GA from where I am. 154 GT350s 16-17. 824 Mustang GTs for the same years. 5 GT350Rs Cars get traded...some people don't keep them more than a year or two. It's how it's always been...but people love trying to make it seem like there's some big secret about why there are "so many". Hilarious.

5 GT350Rs.
Nobody is talking about the R's. This is about regular GT350s and for such a limited run of cars, thats ALOT considering alot of those owners likely paid a high ADM, drove the car for a few thousands miles then decided to trade it in for a much lower trade in. It just weird.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
No ADM for me. March marks one year of ownership.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
No ADM and no dealer charge one year ago

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Nobody is talking about the R's. This is about regular GT350s and for such a limited run of cars, thats ALOT considering alot of those owners likely paid a high ADM, drove the car for a few thousands miles then decided to trade it in for a much lower trade in. It just weird.
I didnā€™t mean to type gt350r twice..... look at the number of GTs that are available. Again - youā€™re making something out of nothing. Itā€™s not ā€œweirdā€....itā€™s not ā€œa lotā€....itā€™s normal. All cars do this and especially weekend cars. Add to that, the fact that most of the country slows down their buying of cars this time of year....sports cars just stack up for sale.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Sometimes I wonder if Ford produced "too many" GT350 units in general? We know the demand was there but IMO they could have decreased production targets by at least 500 cars per annum. Food for thought...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sometimes I wonder if Ford produced "too many' GT350 units in general? We now the demand is there but IMO they could have decreased production targets by at least 500 cars per annum.
Maybe but that's less than 10% difference when they made 5500+ GT350s each year. (2016 and 2017). I think there would still be a certain percentage of trade-ins and private sales.

I did some fuzzy math based on autotrader national numbers.

ALL Mustangs except GT350, 2016-2017 - [MENTION=33313]17[/MENTION]0,000 - 8400 on Autotrader, so just under 4.9%.

GT350s - 2016-2017 @11,000 - 710 on Autotrader, so 6.4%

So are there a higher percentage of GT350s for sale? Yes. 1.5% more, est. I wouldn't qualify that as a fire sale, lol.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Bought my first GT350 in Jan 2016 for MSRP. Now I own an R : ) How do you know most paid ADM? You know what they say about assumptions?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sometimes I wonder if Ford produced "too many" GT350 units in general? We know the demand was there but IMO they could have decreased production targets by at least 500 cars per annum. Food for thought...
I think it depends on what you want if you would agree with that statement or not. I personally don't buy cars to collect and don't figure I will make money on them. I buy cars to enjoy them and have fun. For me that means driving the car as much as I can.

Some people don't plan to drive their GT350 a lot so their main reason for owning a GT350 is something other than driving the car. I won't pretend to understand or know exactly what they want out of the car, but I do know it's different than what I want.

My plan for the GT350 as of now is to drive a lot and use it - have my fun with the car. At some point it will be worn and either need repair or replacement. If I have the money and there's something else I'm more interested in, I will look for that. Otherwise, it's entirely possible I will buy a used GT350 - even if this happens 10+ years in the future. For that reason, I'm glad Ford made a fair number of them. Repair parts will probably be available longer, and if I ever want to buy another GT350 I hope it will have a fairly reasonable price for what the car is.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I just wondered why they made so many non-R GT350s in a span of 2 years... again I know the demand was there but targets of say 4,000 regular GT350s would have been a "better" target perhaps? I think from the getgo many of us knew that standard GT350 units aren't really major collectibles anytime soon... plus now they extended the 350 to MY2018 so there will be even more units made in total. No biggie but in a way you can't rule out that the GT350 market is swaying to become over-saturated... kinda reminds me of how GM makes so many C7 Corvettes. I know they make much more of those but same gist.

The funny/sad thing is there are many C7 owners who have just as low or even lower mileage Vettes and those are a dime a dozen with huge discounts on new ones nowadays whether a plain Stingray or a loaded Z06. So I guess we shouldn't complain aftter all... :D
Sponsored