Sponsored

Got a new Mustang? Just drove it home? CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE!

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
They are over inflated from the factory to help prevent flat spots due to the cars possibly sitting on the lot for months.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I'll have to check this on mine, I do remember glancing at this and it was around 40, but I think that was warm. Didn't think much of it. You're talking 32 psi cold right? Thanks for the heads up!
Yes, 32 psi cold. Mine was sitting for 7 hours when checking it, so my cold temps were still 12 PSI over on the rears. :doh:

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I didn't let them touch my car when I took delivery of it.

Nope, keep you damn hands off it, you don't know what the hell you're doing. I'll take care of it.:paddle::paddle:
Absolutely the best practice and one that I keep reiterating with my dealer for when my car arrives. Don’t touch it!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Always check your tire pressure when you get the car. They are purposely over inflated at factory... and the dealer will most likely miss this small detail.

Sponsored

fifthcircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PW
Digital guage cluster.... Is there a live tire pressure screen???
I can't find it, and if there isn't. What in the actual F!!!???!!!

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Tire pressures are on the PDI lists with all brands. Dealers are notoriously bad at supervising their employees. Since 2014 I've purchased two Dodge vans, a Chrysler Pacifica, a Scatpac Challenger, S550 Vert, GT350, Subaru Impreza and a Porsche. Only one dealer had the Tire pressure spot on, the rest grossly over inflated. Care to guess which brand did a perfect PDI?

fifthcircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PW
Tire pressures are on the PDI lists with all brands. Dealers are notoriously bad at supervising their employees. Since 2014 I've purchased two Dodge vans, a Chrysler Pacifica, a Scatpac Challenger, S550 Vert, GT350, Subaru Impreza and a Porsche. Only one dealer had the Tire pressure spot on, the rest grossly over inflated. Care to guess which brand did a perfect PDI?
Subaru

Dr00mX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium PP
Digital guage cluster.... Is there a live tire pressure screen???
I can't find it, and if there isn't. What in the actual F!!!???!!!
Press the "two cog" button (right side on the steering wheel), then OK button. And you should be able to scroll through different info with the up/down buttons (Trip info, Tire Pressure, etc.). Oh and download FordPass on your phone, shows tire pressure there as well (it's not live, takes some time to update), and has other nifty stuff (lock/unlock doors, start car and such).

Sponsored

fifthcircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PW
Found it. Thanks.
It's a touch confusing in the menus.

Oh, and my tires were all set perfect from the dealer.

Dr00mX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium PP
Found it. Thanks.
It's a touch confusing in the menus.

Oh, and my tires were all set perfect from the dealer.
Welcome! Agreed, a bit confusing with all of the different options/buttons you can press. This video on the 2019 Bullitt dash is useful, pretty much the same as our dash.

Lucky! Mine was at 42 and drove 170 miles back home like that from the dealer :doh:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Are all models at 32 psi per the door jamb (be it the regular GT, PP1, Bullitt), or does that vary based on model and wheel / tire combo?
They do vary as my PP2 is 33 lb.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
No, they had their best detail guy do a full detail for me (actually used ceramic pro) that morning before I arrived and did a full PDI while waiting on the financing stuff. :)
I typically wouldn't want them to detail but if they ceramic coated for you using cp then that's pretty awesome. That was basically the first thing I did after delivery .

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Ours came with 35 psi in all four. You could feel every pebble, and ripple in the road. I dropped them down to 32, and it's much much better.
Sponsored