SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Prepping new Forgeline GS1R wheels for ceramic coating.

Hit them with Gyeon iron removal...

84784522-6_B4_E-4077-_A31_C-_D195519185_FD.jpg

Then hit them with Gyeon surface prep (didnā€™t take a pic, ooops!)

And applied Gyeon wheel armor coating....

6_F7_A2_B5_B-85_A8-46_D8-9_BE2-_F634_A3113_F4_A.jpg

Also applied 2 coats of their ceramic coating after the wheel armor coating, to give a long lasting gloss and hopefully brake dust will be a piece of cake to wash off.

Teaser install pic. More to come after new exterior parts are installed...

3_F8_DF5_DC-_F1_BD-4009-_AC8_D-_A119_EF6_BBAA3.jpg

Wheels are 19x10.5 square, with 305/30 Michelin 4S tires. Incredibly light at 49lbs with tire mounted and balanced.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Wheels are amazing! Great choice.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You went 305 on all 4 corners with no issue? Nice!

Post up a pic from the back looking up the side to see if it bulges past the fenders at all Tim.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
@Mustang_Lou

Flush with the fender, no poke at the top. Tire is only visible looking down the side due to the concave of the fender as it curves back towards the sills.

0_A6985_E2-8_EB3-437_A-_BF9_A-84_C7_B7_FD0319.jpg

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Thanks ā€¦ will have to keep those wheels in mind if I ever decide to change up.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Totally overkill for my daily driver duties, but hey, why not! Car feels great, definitely noticeable from the butt dyno.

More to come...

0_E0_E9_EB9-7_A3_C-4_DF9-8_E02-20_B28_DFA2_D86.jpg

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That color would look awesome on a black car like mine too ā€¦ hmmm.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
SUPERCHARGER KIT IS OFF ... GOING BACK TO NA! :(

Certainly not the direction I intended my build to take, but it is what it is...

Being in a car sharing situation with my wife, she does use the Mustang twice per week for her drive to work, and the occasional errands. Unfortunately, in her eyes the car was ā€˜too muchā€™ for street use, and she just didnā€™t feel comfortable driving the car. In the few situations where she has wanted to make a spirited traffic manuover, the car has been too much for her in terms of power delivery. Granted, the delivery is smooth, but when you accelerate enough for the car to skip down a gear (keep in mind my car is an Auto) , it really does put you in the back of your seat with a hard kick. For me, being an experienced driver of fast cars (numerous built motor turbo builds in my past etc), it was fun and nothing I couldnā€™t handle. For my wife though, it scared her and she just didnā€™t like the responsibility of driving the car with the 600+WHP in its supercharged state.

So, to do the right thing by her, I decided to go back to NA and just revert the car back to bolt-ons. Quite the difference in driving, dropping down in power by such a large amount, but in all honesty it was the right thing to do given the situation. I canā€™t have a car that she is not comfortable driving, that would be selfish of me. I did sit on the decision for a few weeks, to be sure I was doing the right thing, and common sense prevailed.

To try and take the sting out of the removal of the blower, I am focusing on the cosmetics and also throwing on a few goodies that Iā€™d had my eyes on. All of which will be coming up real soon, some parts already hit my doorstep and I have several on the way.
The supercharger kit came off the car on Monday, and was reverted back to the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 kit. So the GT350 throttle body and GT350 cold air intake. My tuner, Rob Shoemaker, has just dialed in a superb custom tune for the car and it drives very nicely. Smooth and still fast by most peoples standards. Granted, it will take a while for me to get used to the drop in power, but all in all, I feel OK with the change. My wife is grateful of the decision, and there is always the option for me to go back to Forced Induction if I get a second vehicle, therefore relegating the Mustang to being a weekend warrior for my enjoyment only. We shall see what next year brings.

In the meantime, the Procharger kit will be photographed and in the classifieds section of the site by Monday. Any one who has early interest, feel free to PM me for details. Only 2600 miles on the kit, and all the parts are super clean and well cared for.

I'm viewing this as just part of the story in my cars journey, I have my expectations of keeping the car for a good few more years, so I'm sure I'll get the car back on a forced induction set up in the not too distant future. For the meantime, I'll focus on getting the exterior and interior of the car dialed in exactly how I want it, and the engine is only a weekends work away from being blown again, so its not much of a big deal to get her back on the laughing gas. The engine has the billet OPG and crank sprocket, so I'm all set for whenever I'm in a position to go crazy with the engine build once I've bought myself a second car for family duties.

*Sigh*ā€¦So in some respects its been a sad week for the Mustang, but onwards and upwards as they say! I have lots of parts coming and wil be documenting the installs as they come in.

Thanks for following along on the crazy ride to those who read my build!:cheers:

Tim
I am just playing catch up with your build Tim (new here, had a few minutes to kill) but man how you just made me flash back to my 2011 GT 500 with a pulley, intake, exhaust and tune at 620hp/620 Tq, a log rear axle and 3.73 gears. I went to a vet (she hated it also...), i then went to an RCF (she loved it but then i never got to drive it so WTF...) and am now back to a mustang....

My solution? Make sure she has a d**&M vehicle she can always drive so she doesnt have to drive any of mine (could have figured that out a while ago and just kept either the GT500 or the C7 vett..... I did however have to go down to a GT to afford the extra car but a GT with a few options at MSRP is still about $40k and that is BEFORE the 0.7% sales tax here so it is still not chump change.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Those mags with those rotors = hot sex
Sponsored