Spotted my ex today....

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
On all places, saw her on Craigslist. She has definitely seen better days. This is a picture from when she was mine...

stang1.jpg

She wasn't the fastest around, but she was well taken care of.

Today I was browsing Craigslist and found her. Such a shame.

stang.jpg
Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
damn, that sucks... all we want is for them to go to a good home when they leave us...

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
That's just WRONG!

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I bought that car in 2005 with 40k miles on it. It was all white. Interior looked brand new, except for the VatoZone floor mats, and that stupid ashtray lid that wouldn't stay closed. (You Fox guys know what I'm talking about.) I painted it, replaced all the light housings, cams, heads, headers, driveshaft, etc- and she was just the epitome of what I loved in a Fox. I sold it in 2007, and even I haven't gone that far downhill in 10 years.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Buy her back and new project car!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
HotBadgerFart

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Buy her back and new project car!!
Not even remotely interested at this point. I actually emailed the chick selling it, and they weren't the ones I sold it to. I went through my records and found the one I DID sell it to, and sent him an email. The timeline goes something like this:

I sold it to a young guy who wasn't content with the 300'ish HP it had when I sold it to him, so he slapped some Nitrous kit on it himself with no prior knowledge of how any of it worked.

Sure enough a week later when he blew up the engine at Test & Tune night at the local drag strip, someone offered him cash for the car and the trailer it was on, and he took it. Apparently he never gave the buyer the title, claiming he lost it. (DMV records show he never even registered it in his name, because I'm the last owner on record.)

So, the car has sat in his back yard for over a decade, waiting for a title that never showed up, and the woman in his life wants it out of his yard and is trying to sell it out from under him while he's deployed. THEN she has the nerve to ask me if I will apply for a lost title and sign it over to her, so she can sell it for more.

Well, I already contacted the DMV this morning, and started the process for the lost title in my name, and I told her that since it's still legally my car, she can't sell it. I also emailed her boyfriend to let him know I have the title in the works, and it should be here for him when it gets back. He had no idea she was trying to sell it while he was gone- because she's apparently his ex and shouldn't even be at his house.

What a mess.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
You need to go to her house and slap the piss out of her for trying to sell her ex's mustang. That is just wrong! I'm also pretty sure that it is a country song as well.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That sucks. I had a '91 that was SUPER clean (305 HP at the wheels N/A...hey...that was a huge deal at the time) that I sold for reasons I can't even recall now. Fast forward 3-4 years and I ran into the lady I sold it to in a gas station one day. It wasn't as clean as when I had it, but they ran a good 2nd place for care, and anything that wasn't up to my spec at the time was easily repairable. We chatted for a second and I made the off comment just in jest about buying the car back from them. Long story short, a week later my baby was home. Kept that car for several more years and turned it into quite the road corse machine until it was stolen and stripped clean in '13. That sucked even worse. (and I just realized I don't have a single digital picture of her)

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Not even remotely interested at this point. I actually emailed the chick selling it, and they weren't the ones I sold it to. I went through my records and found the one I DID sell it to, and sent him an email. The timeline goes something like this:

I sold it to a young guy who wasn't content with the 300'ish HP it had when I sold it to him, so he slapped some Nitrous kit on it himself with no prior knowledge of how any of it worked.

Sure enough a week later when he blew up the engine at Test & Tune night at the local drag strip, someone offered him cash for the car and the trailer it was on, and he took it. Apparently he never gave the buyer the title, claiming he lost it. (DMV records show he never even registered it in his name, because I'm the last owner on record.)

So, the car has sat in his back yard for over a decade, waiting for a title that never showed up, and the woman in his life wants it out of his yard and is trying to sell it out from under him while he's deployed. THEN she has the nerve to ask me if I will apply for a lost title and sign it over to her, so she can sell it for more.

Well, I already contacted the DMV this morning, and started the process for the lost title in my name, and I told her that since it's still legally my car, she can't sell it. I also emailed her boyfriend to let him know I have the title in the works, and it should be here for him when it gets back. He had no idea she was trying to sell it while he was gone- because she's apparently his ex and shouldn't even be at his house.

What a mess.
Wish I was closer. I would get that thing running and ready to go for him when he got home.