Seating position and height - Recaro vs Leather

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
the Recaro seat definitely is lower but for the taller folks you will still have helmet/roof clearing issues. Just lean it back...way back. I am 5'8" with recaros down max and the seat height is perfect.
Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
5’11 here...5k street/paved backroad miles on my R and the Recaros in it are by far the most comfortable seats I’ve ever had in a vehicle.

The Recaros in my DD Focus ST are the tiniest bit too narrow for my broad shoulders but would not say they are uncomfortable. Still lightyears better than the ‘plush’ heated/cooled power adjustable everything leather seats that were in my Maxima. I now know those Maxima seats were the source of some minor back pain.

OP
OP
susko

susko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track
Thanks guys, very helpful. I think I need more seat time in both...

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I don’t know how similar my cloth Recaros are in my ‘15 to the current Recaros but they are seriously awesome. I would be sad if my car didnt have them.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Tech seats for street, competition seat for track. Best of both worlds. I didn't think the Recaros did that great of a job holding me down during track use. Better than tech, for sure, but not by much. Proper competition seats blow both out of the water. The increased planted feeling will help you lower lap times and minimize mistakes. 10/10 investment IMHO.
Sponsored