HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the reply...I will try on my end to find out the thread length.
Edit: Dumb question but is what we are looking for the 1.52" x .96" part of the description in what I stated above?
I suspect one of those dimensions includes the thread length but also includes the body as well. So if someone knew the body dimensions we could figure out the thread length. If you look at all the part numbers on the manufacturer site, you'll see they all have the same dimensions (although one retailer shows a few with a different dimension). That leads me to believe that they all have the exact same thread length regardless of the thread diameters and threads per inch. As noted before, the thread length isn't important for horizontal installations (assuming it isn't shorter than the thickness of the pan or longer than the pan is wide LoL). Ecoboost or V6 drains are horizontal. 2015-2017 GTs have a tilted installation so any excess threads will slightly reduce the amount of oil that will drain. If anal, I guess you could add washers between the pan and valve if threads were longer than you want. Since these use a gasket instead of a thicker brass "washer" like the Femcos, the optimal thread length for a 2015-2017 GT would be a little less than the optimal Femco (don't recall offhand if that was 7 or 9 mm).
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
[MENTION=20679]HoosierDaddy[/MENTION] I called Jegs and the guy there said that the 1.52" is the length (I asked, from the flush part into the oil pan...he said it is the 1.52 number in the description. Not sure if he is correct or not. I may just buy it and take pics with a measuring device in the pic.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@HoosierDaddy I called Jegs and the guy there said that the 1.52" is the length (I asked, from the flush part into the oil pan...he said it is the 1.52 number in the description. Not sure if he is correct or not. I may just buy it and take pics with a measuring device in the pic.
Thanks in advance if you post the length. I don't think you are taking much risk that the thread length will be really bad. Having it flush with the inside of the pan is just icing on the cake, not any show stopper.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I will for sure...I'm going to order them in a couple days so give me a little time and I'll get those pics here for everyone. :cheers:

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I finally got the section of this that goes into the oil pan. I originally ordered both from Jegs, got the drain part very quickly and a week later I get a notice that Jegs doesn't have the other half in stock and will ship from the manufacturer on March 9...I was like, nooooo, I need an oil change before that so asked for a rfund on that half and they refunded no questions. Had to order the the missing half (here in the pic) from Summit at $15 dollars more...at least I talked them into free shipping for a tiny part instead of 9.95. So here is the pic next to a tape measure. [MENTION=20679]HoosierDaddy[/MENTION] I hope this can work...it drains from the top of the bolt since that's where the valve opens(see the thin rubber gasket...that's where it opens so not exactly at the very top). What is not shown in the pic is the copper crush washer that would sit on the flat part. Looks to y blurry, uncalibrated eye that where it would drain is just above a half inch.
2eq8ilj.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ok so I finally got the section of this that goes into the oil pan. I originally ordered both from Jegs, got the drain part very quickly and a week later I get a notice that Jegs doesn't have the other half in stock and will ship from the manufacturer on March 9...I was like, nooooo, I need an oil change before that so asked for a rfund on that half and they refunded no questions. Had to order the the missing half (here in the pic) from Summit at $15 dollars more...at least I talked them into free shipping for a tiny part instead of 9.95. So here is the pic next to a tape measure. @HoosierDaddy I hope this can work...it drains from the top of the bolt since that's where the valve opens(see the thin rubber gasket...that's where it opens so not exactly at the very top). What is not shown in the pic is the copper crush washer that would sit on the flat part. Looks to y blurry, uncalibrated eye that where it would drain is just above a half inch.
2eq8ilj.jpg
Thanks! I think that's pretty close to ideal. The pic of the Femco and factory part (see below) shows the 2015-17 pan to be 4 threads thick. The Femco is about 4.5 threads (after the thick brass washer they use but I did not show) Your pic shows 6 threads but I think there is also a gasket that you didn't show, So worst case its 1.x threads longer than perfect. I wouldn't care about that if I wanted that brand.

For anyone buying these, despite their warning of leaks if not torqued to the value they provide, I would NOT exceed the torque specs for the factory drain plug because THAT is the torque the pan is designed to take.

attachment.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Mine came in and excited to install it and make life easier for future oil changes.

The filter will always be a messy PITA I guess...

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=20679]HoosierDaddy[/MENTION] you are right about this..."Your pic shows 6 threads but I think there is also a gasket that you didn't show"...there is a metal washer/gasket. I installed this past weekend and the only issue I had was tightening down the valve. It is a huge socket that is needed...can't remember exactly which size but I did not have it in 3/8 only 1/2. My 1/2 torque wrench only goes down to 20 (accurately) so I used that and just got it tight enough by feel, never went to click. So far, zero leaks and I look everyday since my dumbass spilled some of the oil I was putting in (funnel slipped and some poured down the side of the engine bay)...all good so far :)

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

DoCtA.FlAkE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB w/ PP and Premier Trim
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

tamadrummer1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT
Thanks for this thread. I was all about fumoto (not that they aren't a good option in other scenarios where ground clearance isn't an issue), but so glad I went this way instead. Ordered mine and it came in yesterday. Can't wait to get it installed on my next oil change.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium