Sponsored

Nitrous gurus inside

Brand X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Premium
Installing my nitrous express plate system this week. Anything I need to know (never had nitrous before). I have the auxillary fuel tank and pump system and plan on running 100 octane. I know nothing about this is safe but has anyone run 100 shot. Current mods are tune and intercooler. Any input appreciated looking for what I should set the window switch at and how much timing these motors want pulled and what plugs to run. Thanks in advance!

2017 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Premium A/T
ETS Intercooler
Airaid Intake Tube
Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port
Freektune 93 Tune
12.73 @ 107
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Dual power mods is a recipe for disaster. Best of luck but you should think twice as you are playing with fire. If your gonna do it consider a 25 shot, enough to give you a boost at the end of the 1/4 but not enough to likely blow your engine.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
100 shot with stock turbo and exhaust with a non nitrous tune = ecoboom. Better off with a 35 shot tops

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I have a friend that ran something close to 6 bottles of 150-175 shot through his on the stock tune and it never had a hiccup. He was running a dry shot too, iirc. Running nitrous doesn't necessarily mean "EcoBoom", especially if you're set up right for it. The big thing is making sure (1) the fueling is there and (2) the tune is adjusted. On the factory tune, it's pig rich with little to no timing, so I can see why his lived that way.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I have a friend that ran something close to 6 bottles of 150-175 shot through his on the stock tune and it never had a hiccup. He was running a dry shot too, iirc. Running nitrous doesn't necessarily mean "EcoBoom", especially if you're set up right for it. The big thing is making sure (1) the fueling is there and (2) the tune is adjusted. On the factory tune, it's pig rich with little to no timing, so I can see why his lived that way.
Didn't this friend beat a new corvette and Shelby and some others before reorganizing his internals?

Ecoboom is the Diablo

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Didn't this friend beat a new corvette and Shelby and some others before reorganizing his internals?

Ecoboom is the Diablo
It wasn't Josh. James is the one that ran the big shot on the factory tune. He never did blow it up, but like I said, all things considered on the tuning side, I'm not surprised it lived.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
On the factory tune, it's pig rich with little to no timing, so I can see why his lived that way.

yup...

[ame]

OP
OP

Brand X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Premium
Nitrous love

Well installed a nitrous kit in a different car and went and ran tonight. 06 300c 5.7 100 shot took the car from 13.9 to 12.5! Granted we had better tires! Should have the nitrous installed in the ecoboom before the next list race in two weeks. Will keep you all posted.
Sponsored