Not open for further replies.

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I live in eastern Suffolk. Happy to volunteer my 2018 for some test runs. Pm if you still need some
Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I live in eastern Suffolk. Happy to volunteer my 2018 for some test runs. Pm if you still need some
Wow how did I not see this. I apologize. But yes I might take you up on that. Thank you. :cheers:

Any updates on this? Travel/track season about to start.
Yes. Perfect timing. The person who turns our templates into data received them this past Friday. Saturday I received an email that he’s working on them over the weekend. I should have my first test trial pieces by Tuesday /Wednesday. If I nailed them, we will have them out ready for purchase in a week or so. :thumbsup:

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
I'm curious as to what areas specifically this will protect. I'd like as much of the front end protected as possible, as well as the hood, and the usual areas behind the wheels, on the rockers, quarter panels, and mirrors.

I checked out some of your products for the Corvettes, and pricing seems reasonable. I'm still very interested in this product, especially since I'm taking my car out of storage soon.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Still waiting for our computer guy to get back to us. Computer took a dump. Fingers crossed we get theses patterns this week.

I'm curious as to what areas specifically this will protect. I'd like as much of the front end protected as possible, as well as the hood, and the usual areas behind the wheels, on the rockers, quarter panels, and mirrors.

I checked out some of your products for the Corvettes, and pricing seems reasonable. I'm still very interested in this product, especially since I'm taking my car out of storage soon.
All of our paint protection kits are "do it yourself'ers". To start we went after a few real vulnerable areas we feel will be the easiest to apply.

We did the area in front of the rear wheels (it flares out) including a portion of the rocker. I walked around the dealership and seen a few low miles cars new and used with chips in this area.
I also did the rear wheels for both with and without the plastic fascia.

I'll get these out asap. Sorry for the delay.

Ed

Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I just punched out the first test set. It consist of the large area in front of the rear wheel including a portion of the lower rocker.
I have a piece for behind the wheels for both with and without the plastic fascia.
I'm taking these to the dealership to try out.

The picture below is just to show where it will protect. The film is not on the car.
The 2nd picture shows chips in front of the rear wheel. I circled some.
2017-frt-of-rr-wheel-and-rear-600.jpg
chips2-610.jpg

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Yep, highly vulnerable areas as well as behind the front wheel depending on tire width of the front. I'm speculating 275 and up on the fronts would make behind the front wheel susceptible. Good to hear from you Ed...your winter has been absolutely ridiculous!

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Good to know about the front. I can make that happen fast. Yup winter blows. Woke up to 6” if snow. Gone by 3:00. Lol. Just throws a monkey wrench into everything. I’ll probably hit the dealership Wednesday as I have 2 large deliveries coming tomorrow that I need to be around for.

If I like what I see when I go to the dealership, I’ll sent out a pair to test.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
And we will see if it sticks to Opti-Coat Pro Plus! (will be fully cured April 10). My plan for this is to leave the mudguards I have on for a week just as safety to ensure the pieces stick...if they do the mudflaps are coming off.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
patiently waiting.. hoping i dont get too many chips before you finish! lol

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
patiently waiting.. hoping i dont get too many chips before you finish! lol
I'm trying my friend.:thumbsup: I'm scheduled to go tomorrow to the dealership. I know I nailed the original design. Its the transfer from my template to the computer is where things get a little lost/twisted. So if its all good we roll.
I apologize the whole process has taken a little longer then I wanted.

Ed :cheers:

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
First test fit did not work...the guy doing the cut-outs messed them up so they have to be re-done. Wasn't Ed's fault since he gave the guy the proper measurements and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.