Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Going off that i dont see the GT500 gaining 300+ pounds not a chance in hell.

Thus it should be under 4k

That^ is my thinking.

We know nothing about the GT500, but most likely there will be variants of it, that have carbon fiber thingies.

Funny that someone thinks a supercharger weighs 250lbs.
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hmm wonder if they will fit the DI cars.

Makes me cry no one has put an ITB setup on a GT350 engine.

If there was ever an engine that deserves ITBs its a Voodoo but people are too hungry for hp #s.

The instant response of ITBs on a Voodoo would be an eargasm from heaven LOL!
I'm working on an ITB intake now for the GT350 I plan on buying.

Jenvey also has a new kit the are coming out with. https://store.jenvey.co.uk/throttle-body-kits/jenvey-ford-kits/ford-coyote-5l-ssd52-1

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Judging by the reactions on this thread, it's obvious the GT500 needs two different versions - a "Drag Pack" and Track Pack. Unlike the GT350's original '15/'16 "Tech Pack" and Track Pack.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
A couple/few/multiple humble opinions:

1) The headlights make me sad. Wish they’d have done something special with the lights. Not the refresh, but definitely not the old model. It’s understandable with a 350 carryover. Not cool with a new model.

2) The washboard abs hood looks awesome. The GT500 is so buff, it has abs. Love it.

3) Wheels look lightweight. Love it.

4) The white hood stripe may end up looking a tad too 70’s.

5) The flame exhaust is cool, but it would be nice to have a little less video game (read: fake) flair.
This is a factory car.

6) I have a feeling the car will make a good bit more than 700 hp.

7) This reveal has actually silenced the Camaro6 board. It’s amazing.

They were all having a little party bashing the unknown quantity. And as of tonight, it’s crickets.

8) The teaser video is fun in a very 90s way, but it also looks a bit rushed? /anyone else who works on these kinds of things feel free to chime in. I’m specifically referencing some of the ray tracing and effects - especially the paint peeling off the old car (snake shedding its skin). Had a very unfinished feel to it. Wondering if they felt pushed to release this early or if the marketing team just had too much on its plate. Definitely have their hands full at the moment.

This car is going to be awesome.

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Those vents on the hood may not be a part of the hood. They could be attached to the supercharger with the hood fit around them. I am thrilled the 2019 GT500 will be produced. It looks like it will be well built and gorgeous and the ultimate performance Mustang..

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
8) The teaser video is fun in a very 90s way, but it also looks a bit rushed? /anyone else who works on these kinds of things feel free to chime in. I’m specifically referencing some of the ray tracing and effects - especially the paint peeling off the old car (snake shedding its skin). Had a very unfinished feel to it. Wondering if they felt pushed to release this early or if the marketing team just had too much on its plate. Definitely have their hands full at the moment.
I agree here. Probably rushed it out to try to clear the massive stink of the electric SUV Mach 1. :barf:
Interested to see some real specs and such on this car though.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
A couple/few/multiple humble opinions:

1) The headlights make me sad. Wish they’d have done something special with the lights. Not the refresh, but definitely not the old model. It’s understandable with a 350 carryover. Not cool with a new model.

2) The washboard abs hood looks awesome. The GT500 is so buff, it has abs. Love it.

3) Wheels look lightweight. Love it.

4) The white hood stripe may end up looking a tad too 70’s.

5) The flame exhaust is cool, but it would be nice to have a little less video game (read: fake) flair.
This is a factory car.

6) I have a feeling the car will make a good bit more than 700 hp.

7) This reveal has actually silenced the Camaro6 board. It’s amazing.

They were all having a little party bashing the unknown quantity. And as of tonight, it’s crickets.

This car is going to be awesome.
Ford dragging their feet with this car allowed GM to back them into a corner. The 6th gen has a lighter chassis and better suspension arguably.

The 6th gen 1LE is awesome nearly GT350 performance for less money.
The 6th gen ZL1 is better than a GT350 at nearly same cost.
The ZL1 1LE is THEE current benchmark for a pony car period.
The 6th gen ZL1 beat Ford to the public with the joint developed 10 speed although the Raptor has it too.

To say Ford has their hands full is the understatement of early 2018 LOL!

I do agree the GT500 will be a bit rushed and honestly it could have should have been developed sooner.

Like develolmemt as soon as the S550 came out in 2015 and hit lots as a 2017 before the mid cycle refresh of the 2018 GT.

IMO this car is already 2 years over due while Dodge and GM have been :lol: all the way to the bank with Hellcats and ZL1s

S550 hit 2015
GT350 for 2015 2016 2017
GT500 2017 2018 2019

GM already has a 6th gen mid cycle coming I think that will bring the Z28 like it did with thre late cycle changes to the 5th gen.

The Bullitt is just a place holder IMO to silence the noise from growing into a riot i mean how hard is it to strip down a 2018 and paint it green and add a few specialty items to a GT?

That takes way way wayyyy less development than a GT350 or GT500 no doubt.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Damn, those bonnet (hood) vents look fugly. I guess I'll reserve final judgement until I see them on the car as a whole.

Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
The pricing on this car is going to be weird. People are saying its going to be $80-90k. There is not a chance its that much. Its direct competition is the ZL1 Camaro and ZL1 1LE. There is no way they are going to price the car 15-$25k over its competition.

This also puts the GT350 is a really weird spot. Even if they price the base GT500 at like $62k like the ZL1, The GT350 is priced right there. Maybe thats why they didnt overlap production of the 2 cars? Ford gets the customers money twice.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm honestly SUPER disappointed that it won't be using the 2018 front end... I personally was REALLY hoping for something like this picture. I mean, I can kinda understand that they already did the aero development for the GT350, but didnt they also do extensive aero testing on the 2018? Also worried that the vents down the side of the headlights will make the front end look "fat" (Like that Automobile Mag rendering posted earlier)
2019-Shelby-GT500-Mustang-rendered-by-TopSpeed.jpg

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, those bonnet (hood) vents look fugly. I guess I'll reserve final judgement until I see them on the car as a whole.
Look at the Mustang GT4, its similar to those. I think they look great

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I'm honestly SUPER disappointed that it won't be using the 2018 front end... I personally was REALLY hoping for something like this picture. I mean, I can kinda understand that they already did the aero development for the GT350, but didnt they also do extensive aero testing on the 2018? Also worried that the vents down the side of the headlights will make the front end look "fat" (Like that Automobile Mag rendering posted earlier)
I like this render. Especially front end and hood

HunteDs5

HunterDs5
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus Estate 1.8 TDCI 116 cv
Oh, I see I'm not the only one who would have preferred see the '18 headlight. So much more aggressive look..
Sponsored