Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Thanks for this information Dave, hearing all the stories of failing oil coolers (even on stock cars!) is a huge cause of anxiety for us Aussie RHD Mustang GT owners. I appreciate the effort you're putting into helping us all with this issue.

I just have a question regarding your Streetfighter / Mishimoto oil cooler package -

Does the Streetfighter kit completely replace the old oil cooler, or does it piggyback the Mishimoto oil cooler onto half of the existing RHD oil cooler? I have circled the part in question in red in the image attached. In your photos it appears that a large part of the original (failure-prone) oil cooler remains.

Background - My Mustang oil cooler utilises many parts from the Modular Motorsports Racing (MMR) kit. I must point out that it wasn’t as simple an installation as your kit claims - custom modifications were required to fit the LHD kit to my RHD car and there were additional space constraints due to my large front-mount procharger intercooler.
However, for maximum peace of mind, it is certainly possible to remove the entire original oil cooler – do you plan to offer this?
Thanks for letting us know how your Streetfighter kit addresses this.

Regards,
Tien
The part that you have highlighted in red is not the oil cooler. It is simply a relocation manifold that allows the OEM oil cooler to be housed at the LHR of the engine block on the RHD Mustangs. This manifold is made of thick cast aluminium and is therefore not failure prone.
The OEM oil cooler bolts to this manifold that you have highlighted.
We believe the reason for the OEM cooler failing is the heat generated by either the standard or aftermarket exhaust manifold in this area. Because the standard oil cooler is made of very thin aluminium heat transferring material, we suspect that it suffers in this position.
Our Streetfighter package deletes this OEM cooler with our by-pass manifold,thus eliminating the problem and allows all the cooling, to be done at the font grill area by a high quality oil-air heat exchanger.
Hope this explains better.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
We have just seen another post as below.
Our company has had one first hand failure and seen three other failures from our dealer workshops. We have also heard of at least 3 other failures third hand.
We also are hearing of dealerships that have had failures.
The important thing to note is that there is no distinguishing between satandard or upgraded vehicles. Its seems to happen regardless.

"Quote
A guy in the UK just had a second failure:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94159
"

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
To clarify many questions we are receiving, we are posting individual components to inform of their function;

First up #1
Pictured as part of the Streetfighter engine oil cooler package is the air divertor plate mount and front mounted oil cooler ;

The oil cooler used is of the highest quality and fitment. It is made by
Mishimoto who are one the world leaders in cooling technology supplying both race bred and street performance vehicles worldwide.
The large sizing of the oil cooler positioned behind the front grill receives massive volumes of air.This is due to the mounting location
and the specifically engineered mounting plate that is designed to divert maximum amounts of cool ambient air through the cooler.
This amounts to maximum cooling of your engine oil before being diverted back to your engine.
The cooler and mounts are made of sturdy lightweight material ensuring lifetime engine protection.

Features:
-Direct fit for the 2015+ Australian/RHD Ford Mustang GT
-Innovative bar-and-plate oil cooler mounts in the upper grille, allowing
more room for supercharger heat exchangers
-Mounting bracket is designed as an air diversion panel, directing the
maximum amount of ambient air through the oil cooler
-Mounted at the front of vehicle to receive maximum airflow
-Designed to fit with most Supercharger systems front mounted intercoolers
-Front oil cooler available in silver or black
-Tested and designed for every day driving and punishing race applications.
-Lifetime warranty

*Pictures from Mishimoto

Last edited:
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Secondly #2

Thermostatic Oil Sandwich plate and Oil cooler bypass manifold;
This a lightweight, high-flow sandwich plate built from 6061 Aluminum.The built-in thermostat prevents oil flow to the cooler until the engine oil reaches activating temperature, allowing for both a faster warmup at startup and extra oil system protection in cold climates.The included 85 degree Celsius thermostat can be changed with a 71 or 93 degree unit, adding unparalleled control over your desired engine oil operating temperature.
The sandwich plate is mounted under your RHD Mustang oil filter boss and accommodates the correct fittings to supply oil to the front mounted cooler.

Engine Oil cooler by-pass Manifold
This manifold is a direct replacement for the troublesome RHD factory oil cooler. It completely deletes the standard cooler and acts as a bypass for the oil to be directed to the sandwich plate and front mounted cooler.
The by pass manifold is made of high grade anodized aluminium and accommodates fittings for optional oil pressure and oil temperature sensors.
This manifold is crucial in ensuring the RHD Mustang engine oil cooling system operates correctly and eliminates any risk of oil cooler failures .
Several other kits on the market are either generic or made for the LHD Mustang and require messy and expensive removal and modification of the standard oil manifold , LH engine mount and oil filter relocation.

The Streetfighter Oil by pass Manifold is a simple direct replacement fitting made exclusively for the Australian RHD Mustang , retaining the reliability and neatness of all factory components in their original position.

Last edited:

Sponsored

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Hi David,

Will you be doing a how to guide for those DYI users out in the mustang world.

Also is this a job that any car enthusiast can do or should they leave it to the pros.

Also how long would a kit like this take to install for a DYI and workshop

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Hi David,

Will you be doing a how to guide for those DYI users out in the mustang world.

Also is this a job that any car enthusiast can do or should they leave it to the pros.

Also how long would a kit like this take to install for a DYI and workshop
Yes, we will release a fitment guide. You can utilize most of the fitment video from Mishimoto ALONG with our Streetfighter guide complimenting it.
The area were the cooler and filter is housed is quite cramped. You really need to have a hoist and all the tools. I would suggest leave it to a pro.
A professinal workshop can install the kit in 3 hours.
I would suggest , possibly 3-6 hours for DIY.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi David I’m interested in this kit but I have the roush supercharger with the extra front radiator so will your kit fit or work ?

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Hi David I’m interested in this kit but I have the roush supercharger with the extra front radiator so will your kit fit or work ?
Not a problem.

The oil cooler kit fits most supercharged systems including the Roush. The diversion plate shown in the previous post #79 is designed to allow for plenty of room and extra airflow for the front mounted inter coolers on most brand supercharger kits.

Dogo323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If I get the Streetfighter ceramic-coated headers , do you think this oil cooler is still necessary (spirited daily driver, occasionally on a track at amateur level for fun) ?
I'm imagining that those headers wont have the heat-soak issues that the stock ones do

Cheers

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I get the Streetfighter ceramic-coated headers , do you think this oil cooler is still necessary (spirited daily driver, occasionally on a track at amateur level for fun) ?
I'm imagining that those headers wont have the heat-soak issues that the stock ones do

Cheers
Yes you will still need to do an oil cooler. ceramic still gets hot, its a nice safe guard

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang

Cheers
Unfortunately no.
We have heard of failure with standard manifolds, untreated headers and our own ceramic headers.
As of yet we are not sure the failures are definitely just heat related.
I suspect a substandard standard oil cooler fitted in the wrong position is the cause.

By replacing the cooler with our front mounted unit, completely eliminates the problem while also achieving regulated and improved engine oil cooling for road , spirited driving and race.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it true that this only affects pre July 2016 build cars ??

Last edited:

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
No I’ve been advised 2017 also have the issue

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Is it true that this only affects pre July 2016 build cars ??
Yes, correct.
We have also heard, of post 16 models affected.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.