Sponsored

GT500 announced

naughts4187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Guard
So I didn't get a huge amount of sleep last night... It was about midnight when I was about to head up and suddenly a teaser appears on Instagram from Ford...

700bhp +
2015 - 2017 front headlights (by the looks of it)
2018 rear lights
Praying something emerges right hand drive.... :ford:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_TJwGBcAe/?taken-by=ford
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That teaser video is amazing!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
well i wasn't planning on buying any more mustangs but if this has the 15-17 front end style like it seems to have in the teaser (probably based off the gt350) and it comes to the UK think I may have to go pick one up.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Sounds great. UK? Unlikely. No 350 and the usual contenders elsewhere never end up here either.

It'd be cool though.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone know the reason the 350 didn't make it over here? Could Ford not be bothered to redevelop certain elements of the car? Or just couldn't be bothered in general to sell it? Seems silly as we all know they would sell.

Be nice to see the Billitt over here in RHD form

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Does anyone know the reason the 350 didn't make it over here? Could Ford not be bothered to redevelop certain elements of the car? Or just couldn't be bothered in general to sell it? Seems silly as we all know they would sell.

Be nice to see the Billitt over here in RHD form
How many would they sell over here. Not many I would imagine. A few on here have said they would buy one, but when it comes down to it would they? Just don’t think there was a big enough RHD market for it.

Now if the GT500 has the same front end as the 15-17 cars it could make it over here as the only difference between the 2 would be the headers again.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Front looks like an uprated Gt350, Back looks like a My18, wide arches look like a super snake. They seem to have taken the best bits of their three variations, muddled them together and done what any bimbo in Hollywood wishes to be :lol:

Or in short, it looks f00king amazing.

[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION]uk ford CBA with RHD for the Gt350. Probably some emissions and quota stuff.

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
To sell in in EU and UK they would have to do crash, emissions and noise at the very least - the cost of that (ÂŁmillions) plus the additional manufacturing complexity in plant vs the incremental sales would be the business case they'd look at I would imagine - can't say I'm surprised the low volume editions don't make it here but it is a shame.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
From what I've seen of the 'best guess' renderings the looks will be a bit 'marmite'. As with the GT350R, it's a shame it won't make it to the UK (I still find it incredibly frustrating and disappointing) - but maybe there'll now be a few used 350R's up for sale in the coming months at reasonable money? It would still be my preference ahead of a GT500.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You know damn well Ncap would strip the only 2 stars away because its too fast and noisy :lol:

Makes sense actually, but as you say - a shame.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You know damn well Ncap would strip the only 2 stars away because its too fast and noisy :lol:

Makes sense actually, but as you say - a shame.
Unless it was built in Germany, then it's a 5*! :lol:

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
well i wasn't planning on buying any more mustangs but if this has the 15-17 front end style like it seems to have in the teaser (probably based off the gt350) and it comes to the UK think I may have to go pick one up.
Hinch Just bite the bullet and buy a stage 2 Roush Supercharger 720 + bhp for your beast.:thumbsup:

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
To sell in in EU and UK they would have to do crash, emissions and noise at the very least - the cost of that (ÂŁmillions) plus the additional manufacturing complexity in plant vs the incremental sales would be the business case they'd look at I would imagine - can't say I'm surprised the low volume editions don't make it here but it is a shame.
Dave that's what I thought.... but?

With you be being the officinado of Ford GTs may be you can shed some light. I keep looking at GTs for sale and some say they where official "ford" UK imports. Apparently they brought a few in. If this is the case were these cars taken through all this or is there a loop hole for low number etc.

did this really happen or did Roush UK do it rather than Ford and it is a clever use or words ?

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Dave that's what I thought.... but?

With you be being the officinado of Ford GTs may be you can shed some light. I keep looking at GTs for sale and some say they where official "ford" UK imports. Apparently they brought a few in. If this is the case were these cars taken through all this or is there a loop hole for low number etc.

did this really happen or did Roush UK do it rather than Ford and it is a clever use or words ?
Ford of Europe officially supplied 101 Ford GTs - these were converted to European spec by Roush (I managed the engineering and the project) at the Nurburgring in 2005. The UK cars were put through IVA (SVA) at the time to gain UK registration. Mainland European cars were individually approved by the country they were destined for - TuV for Germany was the toughest process and generally that approval was then accepted by other territories. Each car was individually inspected and supporting crash documentation, noise and emission testing was done. A painful and slow process and not something I imagine Ford would consider for Mustang.
Sponsored