Battery dead... would warranty apply?

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My car is a 2016, 27000~ miles on it. Yesterday car started up fine but this morning the car had a hard time cranking. Drove it to work and after work car won't start. Jumped the battery, got home (an hour drive), and 20 mins later won't start again. Isn't it kind of quick for a battery to die? Was wondering if dealer would replace it under warranty. Thoughts?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yes if the battery failed within 5 years they will replace it. I believe the battery has a 5 year warranty.

OP
OP

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thanks for the response. I'll give them a call.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
My car is a 2016, 27000~ miles on it. Yesterday car started up fine but this morning the car had a hard time cranking. Drove it to work and after work car won't start. Jumped the battery, got home (an hour drive), and 20 mins later won't start again. Isn't it kind of quick for a battery to die? Was wondering if dealer would replace it under warranty. Thoughts?
Did you have an old style battery that requires water to be added; non-maintenance free?

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Seems like warm weather places having battery issues...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Had one replaced under warranty at 15 mo and 9k miles. I took the battery in to get a replacement (after they confirmed it was bad, which I had already done). At first they insisted the car be towed in so they could verify mileage but the service manager told them to give me a battery if I promised to email them a picture of the odometer. I even managed to get a pic of the odometer and SYNC showing the VIN and the paperwork for the battery.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Have my Mustang inside an unheated garage, have been starting it every couple weeks and letting it idle for a good 20 minutes. Today I try starting it and nothing. I put a battery charger on it and the headlights start flickering, clicking noises from under the hood and inside the car, dash lights flicker on and off like its gong a bit haywire. I immediately turn off the charger, try again and same thing happens. Anyone have an idea what could be going on?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
^you should probably get a good battery tender since you don't drive it at least weekly. You guys have real winters for sure.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
^you should probably get a good battery tender since you don't drive it at least weekly. You guys have real winters for sure.
Yeah picked one up today. Tested battery, totally dead, zero charge. I've never seen what was going on happen on a car before, totally bugged out. Battery should be replaced under warranty however.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I often have to leave mine sit up to a month...half the time the battery was down enough to refuse to turn over the starter..ended up having to use a battery minder.
At first, I thought all new Mustangs had no-maintenance batteries! Found out mine needed to have the fluid level checked and added every couple of months.
Sponsored