Sponsored

Basic Cosmetic Interior Mods

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang

Hey guys, just joined but wanted to post a few pics of some easy interior mods and share ideas. After test driving a few different 2015's with and without the premium interior, I preferred the base anyway due to the cloth seats, cost savings, and simplified appearance knowing I can easily customize it. Almost all of the lights in the car have already been changed to LED and seem to highlight my mods more.

For me, I wanted to add some trim / billet (without going overboard) to improve the base appearance and add contrast to all the solid black colors throughout the base interior. Luckily I was able to retrofit most of the mods I previously completed in my 2006 V6 Mustang. So far I've only modified the center console, dome light box, and dashboard area but plan to continue with my doors and rear area at some point as well.

Red Trim Welt (daytime):

Red Trim Welt (nighttime):

I was also able to seamlessly apply some billet to the dome light buttons:

That being said, feel free to comment or post some other easy interior mod ideas! I'll continue to add updates with my mods as time goes on. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Very interesting mod you have done. I am digging it. What type of material is that and where did you get it?

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Wow, I am impressed! This is similar to the approach I was going to take with my base GT when it arrives. I think my only criticism is the thickness of the red accents but overall I really like it. It may just be the pictures that are throwing me off though. I'd be curious to see this exact layout with slightly thinner accent pieces.

Good job! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Thanks guys! The red welt is actually just pliable/textured/colored pvc piping that I bought from a seller on eBay. He periodically has more welt in various colors listed and it looks better in person. *Looks like he just added quite a few listings for cosmetic items today*

It is easily installed just using friction within the gaps in paneling and can even minimize vibrations and such. The doors are a different story and will be a little more complicated. I tried smaller welt using tape and it did not look nearly as nice not to mention I was able to reuse the same stuff from my clunkier 2006 stang.

The billet map light covers are from this seller in which the ones linked are the exact same ones I have installed (ignore that it says 05-12). They have a small piece of 3M auto tape on the bottom and just slide over the buttons.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jswenk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Love the red trim. Does that just stick on

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Love the look! The real redline interior:D

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Thanks guys, redline interior... I like it! :)

On the dashboard paneling, it just slides in-between the crevices and is held with friction. For the doors, I will probably use some 3M auto tape.

I'll post an update soon once I get some time and complete the trim additions.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, redline interior... I like it! :)

On the dashboard paneling, it just slides in-between the crevices and is held with friction. For the doors, I will probably use some 3M auto tape.

I'll post an update soon once I get some time and complete the trim additions.

What did you search when you found this? The seller doesn't have this item posted anymore.

Edit: NVM found it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
That looks really sharp...nice work, very creative!

Sponsored

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Looks good. I hope someone makes an entire aftermarket unit for the map lights. The stock one even with LED's looks hideous.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
That looks really sharp...nice work, very creative!
Looks good. I hope someone makes an entire aftermarket unit for the map lights. The stock one even with LED's looks hideous.
Thanks. I don't think the map light box is nearly as bad after the LED's/billet. They also crammed more electronics into it compared to my 2006 (airbag light / Sync mic) but still pretty clunky.

I've found a few aftermarket ones such as: http://www.stang-aholics.com/ShowItem/111942%202013%20Mustang%20Convertible%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Map%20Light.aspx

I don't think it would make a big difference though.

OP
OP
Reaper

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Got one door roughly done today:

WP_20141219_002.jpg

More details to follow tomorrow.

Last edited:

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
First let me say nicely done and nice workmanship. Its not for me, wouldn't do it personally but if you like it that is all that matters. Best wishes and I admire your creativity. :)

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Please take some daytime pics W/O flash-->:thumbsup:
Sponsored