Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Got my manifold this afternoon. Broken.
Where did you get yours from? Expecting mine tomorrow. hopefully this doesn't become a trend.
Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Where did you get yours from? Expecting mine tomorrow. hopefully this doesn't become a trend.
Dropped shipped from Ford. Had a thin layer of bubble wrap and some packing paper. Studs snapped off and cracked here and there.

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Dropped shipped from Ford. Had a thin layer of bubble wrap and some packing paper. Studs snapped off and cracked here and there.
That sucks. That’s one of the reasons I ordered from a local dealer, so I can go pick it up and not have to worry about the UPS man tearing my shit up.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That sucks. That’s one of the reasons I ordered from a local dealer, so I can go pick it up and not have to worry about the UPS man tearing my shit up.
We order stuff _constantly_, many things come via UPS (and in fact, I just shipped both a high end gaming laptop to the west coast and some Apple gear to Canada), packed up properly, double boxes, lots of interior packing, etc.

Not excusing UPS because I've been to a sorting facility, and it's shocking - BUT, if shit is packed up properly, it can survive UPS/FedEx/USPS.

Wasn't this a big issue when the GT350 IM first started shipping? Like 1 our 3 busted-on-delivery?

I think you're right on about a dealer delivery, at least then you can open it in front of the parts people, inspect it, refuse it right then and there (vs. having to re-pack and ship it back).

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Even if the intake looks good out if the box I'd be worried about invisible fractures that could lead to bigger ones down the road.

Seems like Ford gives zero fucks when they pack these up.

Sponsored

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine was packaged the same way, very thin layer of wrap. The studs were sticking out of the box in a couple spots, luckily I didn't notice any cracks. I'm on my 3rd package in a row from ups that has been delivered in bad condition, 2 of the 3 items were damaged.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Well this isn't a good sign....
Capture.JPG

erich6788

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack 6MT
Thank you!!

Please post in this thread once you do! Much appreciated!

I pulled the trigger and ordered the 18' manifold and pigtails from my local ford dealer. I'll be happy to do a write up of the install process and might even make a video of the install and comparison of the two manifold's and the associated IMRC and evap differences.

I also have a base line dyno run before tune and manifold and plan to dyno afterwards. I'll post of those results as well. The gains should look a little more dramatic though because my car was pulling a little timing during the first run due to false knock from my exhaust. I think that probably cost me about 8-10 hp so we'll see.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMAS intake, Corsa cat back and tune by Palm Beach Dyno

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Wonder why they start the red line which I assume is the 2018 manifold around 3k rpm.

Does it make junk torque below 3000 rpm?

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Definitely gonna be doing this. ~30 hp and basically the same torque curve as stock sounds awesome.
Sponsored