Sponsored

Roush axle back sitting low on one side?

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
Hi All,

Bought a new leftover 2017 GT which i'm in love with first thing I did was install the roush axle back which im also in love with except for one issue which is driving me nuts!

The passenger side exults tip sits about 3/4" lower than the drivers side...Anybody have a simple fix for this or did I get a bad product? I've tried searching the forum for my particular issue with roush axle back but not having too much luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Maybe a bent hanger? Look under the car and see if a hanger has been bent. That is about the only cause I can think of unless the tips got bent backing into something or got hit. Take a close look at the tips and see if there is any damage.

OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
Brand new out the box installed it with my bro in law on a jack. I was thinking maybe a bent hanger but that would have to be something that was a manufacturing issue. I was hoping to loosen the clamp on the back side of the muffler and maybe fix it from there?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure. I will be doing an axel back next week. If I find anything when I am under my car I will let you know. I was under there last week doing a X-pipe but I did not look that closely at the mufflers and tips.

OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
I'm not sure. I will be doing an axel back next week. If I find anything when I am under my car I will let you know. I was under there last week doing a X-pipe but I did not look that closely at the mufflers and tips.
You are gonna have one loud ass car lol!!! Please upload some videos...

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do. Hopefully sounds good not just loud.

TheKHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The shop I got to install mine cut the hell out of the hanger and jerry rigged it back together, they said it was a fitment issue probably like yours. Wish they asked me before they butchered it though...

OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
The shop I got to install mine cut the hell out of the hanger and jerry rigged it back together, they said it was a fitment issue probably like yours. Wish they asked me before they butchered it though...
Holy crap id be pissed....so they cut it off and then re welded it? how much did you get charged for your install? I have been reading some other random threads online of people saying they bent the hanger to help adjust it?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
i have installed after market exhaust on ever car i have owned since the late 80's. and about half of them had fitment issues no matter the brand. dont fight about it just take to a good exhaust shop and spend the 50-75 bucks it takes to have it adjusted perfect.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Crawl under there, loosen the clamps and hanger hardware. Lift the muffler up as high as it will go, then support that height with a jack and tighten all hardware.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the SLP LM II's which look identical to the Roush's. Muffler guy heated the hangar on the right side to adjust the muffler position.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Crawl under there, loosen the clamps and hanger hardware. Lift the muffler up as high as it will go, then support that height with a jack and tighten all hardware.
This ^. Anytime I need to make a height adjustment this is exactly what I do and was able to get it close to perfect every time.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I routinely tweak the hangers to get the adjustment just right. You can't expect them to be perfectly even right out of the box given the variation from vehicle to vehicle.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You won't be getting a 3/4" of adjustment doing this (maybe 1/8) but if you're OCD about that last 1/8", tap a small wooden wedge or whatever into the rubber support on the appropriate side of the hanger so as to lift it up that last little bit.

In your case, you'd be tapping it under the metal hanger and into the rubber support so as to lift the hanger a wee bit up ... ghetto but works if you need that last little bit of adj't.

OP
OP

Jagraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee trialhawk
Thanks everyone im gonna try and repair it this weekend. Just got my tint done!
Sponsored