Change a PP1 into a PP2.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I will someday (EDD 5-11) will have a 2018 PP1, 10 speed, Magneride. What do I need to turn it into a PP2? Wheels, tires, spoilers and springs? I know they say the tune on the dampers and steering are different I can live with that. Ford won't let me have a 10 speed PP2, so I may build my own. Any idea about the cost?
Lee
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I think the whole draw of the PP2 is that it comes that way in a package and if you get the base you get Recaros for $800 more than a PP1 similarly equipped. Instead of just trying to replicate the PP2, do what you want. You can do things like have true square tires/wheels.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Good point. I want 305 all round and would love to have a true square set up. I don't know what wheels will do that without spacers in the front. I guess I could do 275 all around.
Lee

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
To OLD

I am old and this is going to be my cost to cost ride after I retire. I want a 10 speed. I think they are the same price, auto is $1595 and Magne-Ride is $1695.
Lee

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Also I don't want the Recaro seats. For long distance travel I want heat, cool and 6 way seats for $1500 less. :cheers:
Lee

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Which one is easier/cheaper guys? Swapping all the suspension and wheel related parts or a transmission swap? Legitimately curious on that one because it could add up for the PP2 parts...I'm guessing around 3-4k either way if you have a shop do both.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Also I don't want the Recaro seats. For long distance travel I want heat, cool and 6 way seats for $1500 less. :cheers:
Lee
I hear ya man. :thumbsup:
I have never wanted, or ever thought about owning an auto for my "sports car".

But such as life and I suffered sports injury/broken back 2 years ago & a year later got rid of my BMW because (at the time) it was uncomfortable to clutch-shift gears, for of any length of time.

So this October I am going to have a dilemma on my hands.... unless dct? :shrug:

:ford:

As for the PP2 question, it is real simple and the exact one I might be contemplating, is using Ford's own 2018/19 Ford Performance Catalog to build my own.

And that is the route I might have to take, if I end up going with the A10.

Essentially, all you need is magneride and you can build your own uberstang..!

Last edited:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Lee
No ball sweat ftw.
Also, as we get older, we get wider.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
I don’t understand Ford. If I want an automatic we have to build up a pp1. I’d buy a GT350 in a heartbeat if offered as a A10 or DCT. No auto option for pp2, if the Bullitt was offered I would have bought it with the A10. If I was able to drive a stick I would but recent medical conditions say otherwise. Don’t want to pay crazy Dealer mark up on the Gt500 so maybe I should just build a 1969 pro touring with coyote and 10 speed auto or Dct and have a car that doesn’t depreciate or upgrade a 2018 A10

Sponsored

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
Honestly unless you plan on autocrossing or open tracking the car, going to 305s all the way around for a cruiser is just going to make you spend more money on tires in the long run, you wont necessarily reap all of its benefits.

If you really want to, there are wheels out there which have the correct offsets for that. I believe vorshlag in texas has figured out a set of forgestars that will do it.

I am sure in the coming future there will be aftermarket versions of the splitter and wing, or youll be able to buy them from ford on their own.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
I don’t understand Ford. If I want an automatic we have to build up a pp1. I’d buy a GT350 in a heartbeat if offered as a A10 or DCT. No auto option for pp2, if the Bullitt was offered I would have bought it with the A10. If I was able to drive a stick I would but recent medical conditions say otherwise. Don’t want to pay crazy Dealer mark up on the Gt500 so maybe I should just build a 1969 pro touring with coyote and 10 speed auto or Dct and have a car that doesn’t depreciate or upgrade a 2018 A10
Same thing here. I want a GT350 but I want an auto. This may be sacrilege with old school car guys. But that's what I want to spend my money on. Carroll Shelby's personal 427 Cobra CSX3178 was an automatic car. You can buy an auto ZO 6 or a HellCat come on Ford get with the times. :rant:
Lee

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
If you want a PP2, you should order a PP2, not try and hack one together after the fact. JMO, YMMV.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
If you want a PP2, you should order a PP2, not try and hack one together after the fact. JMO, YMMV.
He wants an A10, so ordering a PP2 wouldn't work for his needs.

OP, why copy the PP2? If you are going to spend the money, go beyond the PP2. I would go with something like GT350 replica wheels and 305s all around. Instead of PP2 springs (which are GT350 springs), go for the FRPP GT350 springs. I believe the PP2 also has a couple other components from the GT350 that can be improved through aftermarket selections. The only thing that wouldn't be a cheap and easy replacement, is the damper and steering calibration. If you find that the dampers are lacking, there are aftermarket control solutions for that. They are a bit pricey though.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Honestly unless you plan on autocrossing or open tracking the car, going to 305s all the way around for a cruiser is just going to make you spend more money on tires in the long run, you wont necessarily reap all of its benefits.

If you really want to, there are wheels out there which have the correct offsets for that. I believe vorshlag in texas has figured out a set of forgestars that will do it.

I am sure in the coming future there will be aftermarket versions of the splitter and wing, or youll be able to buy them from ford on their own.
I have a little different view on this. I have no real intentions of tracking the car. Maybe an occasional trip, but just for fun. The PP2 comes standard with Magneride. A PP1 with Magneride is only $810 retail less than a PP2. For that $810 (probably more like $750), you are getting a great wheel upgrade that really gives the car a nice looking stance IMO, free Recaro upgrade for the cloth option, a much better looking rear spoiler IMO, in addition to some suspension upgrades. I plan to sell the Sport Cup 2's and replace them with a 295 front/305 rear slightly staggered look to accommodate the 10.5"/11" wheels. I can get a set of Hankooks (pretty decent cheaper tire from my experience with them on my GTO) for about $800 (there is currently even a $100 rebate on top of this right now). If I can get $1,000 for the 4 Sport Cup 2's, even puchasing another set of tires, I'm getting all this for about $500. Seems like a no brainer to me and quite a bit cheaper than if I wanted to make these upgrades later on.

Of course, if a manual is not an option, then this is all really a mute point. Personally, and I know the auto is quicker, I just wouldn't be happy with an auto in a car like this. A manual is just too much more fun to drive.
Sponsored

Last edited: