Sponsored

Ford guy Chevy guy or car guy?

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Car guy. Life is way too short for sticking with just one brand. You miss out on so much!
Sponsored

brendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brendon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm relatively young and my favorite car in my teens was the e90 m3. I always liked Mustangs to some extent but saw the sn95 and forst s197's as lame American junk. I was the typical "370z's and Evo/STI and the bets cars ever" guy who had not yet even touched a performance car. The Coyote was really when I started paying attention to the Mustang when Motortrend did a comparison to the e90 m3 and the 2011 GT held it's ground.

I kind of forgot about the Mustang for a while until I saw a black s550 on the road one day and thought it was perfect. I pulled up a spec sheet and saw IRS and new it was a car I would probably buy in the next few years. The performance pack is a great car and I miss driving it anytime I've been away from the car for more than 24 hours.

However, I'm still in love with the refinement of German cars and wish I could afford the price point. American performance is making it really hard to though especially with the gt350. I'm currently a huge fan of the c7 with z51 package since they're going for a bit over $40k certified. Never really cared for the Camaro but the zl1 is pretty alluring.

Lastly, I don't really care for luxury but I wish the detail on my s550 was a bit better. I would like if the body panels and plastics on the interior were a little more solid and didn't rattle. Taking a complete 180, I'm also a huge fan of Miatas and briefly owned an NA. I was blown away by how a car can be so perfect. I almost bought a 2016 clubsport Miata but decided to go with the 17 GT PP. How it came down between these two cars is beyond me. I will probably pick up a used NB/NC Miata at some point...

So yeah, car guy.

kskpsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R HR222, Audi RS3, BMW 1M, Boxster Spyder
Car guy to the nth degree. Iā€™ve had more than 30 cars, dominated heavily by German brands...mainly their performance lines (M, AMG, RS, etc.). GT350R is my first American car...love it, and I havenā€˜t even driven it yet! Need to thaw and get some good street sweeping/rain to purify the roadways! Torture just sitting in it...I feel like Iā€™m 14 again just ogling my dadā€™s cool cars in the garage.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
40 cars purchased over 20 years or so to date, I've had a pretty good sampling of different makes/models.

I never really liked GM cars, but as a kid I always liked the looks of the '68 Camaro, the coke bottle 'Vettes of the '70s (Thanks Death Race 2000, and Frankenstein's Monster mostly for this) and the mid to late 80's Camaros, but I've never wanted to actually own one.

The few GMs I've had were disappointments. I have a '16 Equinox as a company car now that I've put 41,000 miles on in just over a year and it hasn't done anything to change that record for me...

I won't lock myself into Ford, but that's what I always come back to. When I bought the MKZ I went looking at all the near luxury stuff, from Lexus to BMW...No one offered what I wanted for a better price than Lincoln. Some day I WILL own a Porsche. Just not the right time yet....

I'm going to buy an old pick up soon...Something in the 3 to 5k range (maybe more if I can't find anything decent) and I can't think of looking at anything but F150s. There just isn't a better truck out there in my opinion....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I will admit I'm mostly a Ford guy. However, I continue to look at and drive new offerings from the competition and I won't rule out buying something else. I do feel a bit spoiled by the Voodoo engine, though. There's really nothing I can afford that breathes and revs like it.

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a car guy first, Ford guy second.

The only Chevy I'd consider is a Corvette in recent years.

Before the S550, I was a VW guy.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I've been a gear head since I was a kid, for a while I was a Mopar man but really I'm just a car guy.

My GT350 is the 369th car (including pickup trucks) I've owned. The only other Mustang I've had was an '85 GT convertible with 5 speed.

After starting with American iron I did the LBC bit for many years and have owned lots of GM, Ford and Chrysler cars.

I got into Miatas early on and my turbocharged '16 Miata is the 36th Miata I've owned. The previous Miata was a 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata (factory turbo) that had been converted to a 480 HP LS3 engine by Flyin Miata.

I traded a '17 BMW M2 in on the GT350. I wasn't even thinking Mustang when I went looking for something to trade the M2 in on. Somehow I did a search on the GT350 to see what was available in the Denver area. When the yellow popped up on the screen I was smitten, having owned and loved a number of yellow cars in the past. I drove the M2 to the dealer and came home with the GT350 and have had no regrets. The GT350 is much more satisfying that the M2 and has far less annoying nannies.

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
I guess....

Car Guy.... since High School... quiet..... hereā€™s whatā€™s sleeping in the garage

1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351/425 hp 6 Speed, Shaker with Tremec TKO 600
Transmission and 3.89 rear end gear/ 35 spline Super Heavy Duty axles

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (x77)
Garnet Red with Black interior
Matching numbers DZ 302 engine with Muncie M21 4speed / 4.10 rear end gear
39,000 original miles, one original previous owner, ordered car went to Nam,

Thank you Richard, for your service to your country and to all the other guys who went and still go today :thumbsup: and to those who made the ultimate sacrifice

He was one of the lucky ones, Richard came back and enjoyed his Z/28 for the next approximately 40 plus years !!!

Until, he finally agreed to sell it to me, I was lucky enough and very grateful and honoured, for letting me add his Z/28 to my collection of Muscle cars :)

There are some in the barn, but Iā€™ll leave that for another
thread and time :cheers:

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
Ive always been a Ford guy but anymore my favorite cars are the Z07, Suburban and V3 CTS-V. Ford doesn't really offer anything I am interested in anymore except for the high performance Mustangs and their truck lineup is still awesome (F-150's, Super Duty, etc).

For me, PERSONALLY, the EcoBoost push has really really stained the brand.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Ford guy. Mustang guy. I guess that means that I'm not a real "car guy", right? lol

I've never owned a Chevy in my entire life, although I did come close on a C7 Z51 Corvette. I've owned a few BMW's while stationed in Europe, and a MkV GTI in 2008 as well. At this point, after witnessing the enormous improvement in the Mustang, I can't imagine buying a Euro or Japanese car of equivalent performance instead of the Mustang.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Car guy but I'm not buying a GM.

BWH2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Car guy, not held to a brand. I go by capability, styling, features, reliability, etc. I don't stick just to Ford only (they all have their advantages/disadvantages). They all make great products, I never get caught up in the brand loyalty and always have a hard time understanding the hate that comes with it.
Sponsored