Sponsored

Lead Poisoning aka Zombie 2

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I had been looking at the 2018s, but was waiting for the 2019 BULLITT revel before making a decision. Once I saw the BULLITT (which I love) I realized the first thing I would want to do it pull or paint the chrome, and something didn't feel right about messing with the look. Plus the color, which pops -- pops a bit too much for me. I think my love for Guard has "ruined" me. I really like the understated, dark, brooding (emo?) look. :lol:

So I started down the path of ordering a PP2, but somehow, while searching the web for 18s on lots, I stumbled onto an LFG Shelby at Lebanon Ford in Lebanon OH, being sold (apparently) for sticker. BUT, in typical Zombie fashion, I procrastinated too long, and soon it was gone. At this point, I had mostly convinced myself I needed a Shelby, and I kept my search going. One more close call was a Shadow Black 18 at Interstate Ford, but I couldn't stop thinking about the LFG.

A few weeks passed, and I brought myself up to speed on the 350s, with free time spent on M6G, lunch time, quick browsing before bed, sitting in traffic jams, etc. :D

Then I found it. Mt Orab Ford, a bit far from me, but the sales manager was the same who sold me my '15. Fate!

I sent a quick text asking if it was being sold at MSRP which was quickly followed up by a "3K under" and me providing my credit card to hold the vehicle for $500. The rest is a blur, detailing Zombie I a bit for trade in, trying to sell her to a friend at work so I could still see it every day, second guessing my decision, deciding how much to put down on the new one, having the car moved to Beechmont Ford (to save me some time) etc etc. Bottom line, I picked up J0698 (Zombie II) on Friday, March 16th, at Beechmont Ford.

As options, the car has the electronics package, and the full car cover. I picked up winter floor matts at the dealer, as the first "mod". ;)

Driving her home was very very educational educational. I didn't flog her, watching the revs go past 6k and not shifting... this is going to take a bit of time getting used to. :)

Thanks to Charlie, Terry, and Ralph at Mark Williams auto group. They made this painless.
IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3985.JPG
IMG_3984.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3991a.JPG
IMG_3986a.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
A few more pics. I found an ADM sticker in the glove box along with the factory sticker, un-attached obviously. :)
IMG_3992.JPG
IMG_3996.JPG

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Lovely car you have there. So you paid 3k under sticker when originally they wanted 10k over, is that correct. So, you did good!

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Lovely car you have there. So you paid 3k under sticker when originally they wanted 10k over, is that correct. So, you did good!
Thanks! I should clarify, they never actually put that ADM sticker on the car, but apparently it was planned. :)

Either-way, I'm very pleased, although I will miss Guard. Probably my favorite stang color of all time.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They gave up a theoretical $13k for a satisfied return customer, that's some good service there! I like Avalanche a bit better, but no color looks bad on a GT350.

I gotta get in the sticker business :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
They gave up a theoretical $13k for a satisfied return customer, that's some good service there! I like Avalanche a bit better, but no color looks bad on a GT350.

I gotta get in the sticker business :cheers:
Exactly. Thats the one thing I like about Charlie Watson @ beechmont/mt Orab in Ohio. Best sales guy I have ever dealt with.

As far as the sticker business, I wish! :D I'd love to work for myself. IT Management and a bit of disciplined savings allowed me to get this one, that and the support of a few M6G members egging me on in PMs! :lol:

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
We just got a 2-4" Snow Advisory here in SW Ohio.

I had to make myself a meme to send to the motorheads at work, asking if the car is my new daily driver. :)
26ru6k.jpg

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I am convinced Nokian snow tires are worth their weight in gold........

Just saying.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Wow, I remember how excited you were to be first on the boards with a new car in 2015. The 350 looks amazing man, have to say I am a bit jealous even though I love my car and have almost 40k miles on it in almost 3 years of ownership. I cannot imagine feeling good about putting that many miles on a GT350 as a daily driver, but if I had "track toy" money would pull the trigger for sure. Excited for you, awesome car! Enjoy it!

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I am convinced Nokian snow tires are worth their weight in gold........

Just saying.
Still haven't decided if I am going to drive this in the snow, but looking at them now. Do they come large enough?

Finnish tires, good call. I bet they know quite a bit about snow. :)

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Wow, I remember how excited you were to be first on the boards with a new car in 2015. The 350 looks amazing man, have to say I am a bit jealous even though I love my car and have almost 40k miles on it in almost 3 years of ownership. I cannot imagine feeling good about putting that many miles on a GT350 as a daily driver, but if I had "track toy" money would pull the trigger for sure. Excited for you, awesome car! Enjoy it!
Thanks! I hated to get rid of the 15, I loved the car and the color, but it was time to let someone else enjoy it.

I agree on the daily driver concerns, but luckily I am only 8 miles from work, and most of the miles on the 15 were spent on High School hockey and trips to obscure burger restaurants with Tony Alonso and Dabko. :lol:.

Frankly, IMHO the GT350 is being wasted on the street alone. It may actually motivate me to get back to the track in some way.

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I love the color great choice
When I saw the (lack of) color in person on a truck, I started becoming serious about looking. I know a lot of people on here aren't fans, but I really like the understated, stealth look.

Plus I have actually gotten more compliments on the color than I did with Guard. This week, someone at work told me it was the "Sexiest Car in the Parking Lot" (take that, C7 Vette). I knew then I made the right choice. :D

OP
OP
Zombie

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Got her tinted today - 15% FormulaOne, Pinnacle Series, which is what I had on the '15.

Apologies for the bit of mud and spots. Its rained non-stop this week.
IMG_4009.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG
IMG_4013.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: