Highest mileage R?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I know there is a similar thread out but I noticed not many R's chimed in. So, how many miles do your R's have? I bought mine used June 2017 with 1400miles. I know have close to 9kmiles. No garage queen, show car or investment here. I bought her strictly for driving and track work which is why it is a base car. So post up R owners. Let's we what you got. Please don't tell me you bought a depreciating asset (albeit slowly) show pieces. Drive the car, their are very few out there like them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I know there is a similar thread out but I noticed not many R's chimed in. So, how many miles do your R's have? I bought mine used June 2017 with 1400miles. I know have close to 9kmiles. No garage queen, show car or investment here. I bought here strictly for driving and track work which is why it is a base car. So post up R owners. Let's we what you got. Please don't tell me you bought a depreciating asset (albeit slowly) show pieces. Drive the car, their are very few out there like them.
I drive one of them. As soon as I get xpel on the other one, I will drive it more. :D

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I drive one of them. As soon as I get xpel on the other one, I will drive it more. :D
No shame in the game. This thread is not to judge or bash anyone. I by no means use my R as a daily but she gets out often. Every one of us has our own requirements in life. How about it Tom? How many miles? I will say if it is on the low side you will get some friendly encourage ment from me to drive your R's.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I know there is a similar thread out but I noticed not many R's chimed in. So, how many miles do your R's have? I bought mine used June 2017 with 1400miles. I know have close to 9kmiles. No garage queen, show car or investment here. I bought her strictly for driving and track work which is why it is a base car. So post up R owners. Let's we what you got. Please don't tell me you bought a depreciating asset (albeit slowly) show pieces. Drive the car, their are very few out there like them.
Have you had to do much to it within 9k miles? I figured, since you track it as well, and other than replacing tires, anything else that... broke :shrug:

oh and sadly, mine is a garage queen... I have too many toys.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Have you had to do much to it within 9k miles? I figured, since you track it as well, and other than replacing tires, anything else that... broke :shrug:

oh and sadly, mine is a garage queen... I have too many toys.
Like I said, no judgment. Thanks for sharing. No hate to those with garage Queens. I just agree with Mr. Shelby's motto. To answer your question, I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever. I did have a faulty wire to an exhaust cam solenoid and I currently have a sticky solenoid in the exhaust but a quick shot of a lubricant fixes it right up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No shame in the game. This thread is not to judge or bash anyone. I by no means use my R as a daily but she gets out often. Every one of us has our own requirements in life. How about it Tom? How many miles? I will say if it is on the low side you will get some friendly encourage ment from me to drive your R's.
I said I drive one of them regularly. The other one needs Xpel. I have posted my mileage regularly in other threads. What is the point of this one? Yes, we know you don't have a garage ornament.

No hate to those with garage Queens. I just agree with Mr. Shelby's motto.
Maybe no hate, but it seems you do have a strong feeling.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Okaaaaay!:doh::headbonk:
I think my initial post is quite clear. Thanks for your time.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
so yours is a base 16 in AG, no stripes...black roof or no? #33...mine's #39 base AG stripes no roof. I got mine in Jan '16 and have about 8k miles on it...all street. I have a strong preference for fully-built cars when I go on track so I haven't tracked mine.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Drive it, Drive it, Drive it! Enjoy it as much as you can, life is too short to save mileage for the next guy! The only reason I don't drive mine more is because I don't want to take it where I'm going that day to leave it unattended, otherwise, I drive it (non-R for now). My hat is off to you Harold for enjoying such a fine car as much as you do!

Why do I have the "life is short" view on life? I've seen a lot of tragedy around me with guys my age/close friends (I'm in my late 40's). A very good friend of mine that lives 5 minutes from my house just died 3 weeks ago of the flu.. I was on vacation and came home to find this out. He had just turned 50. My best friend of 30+ years has stage 4 cancer and recieved the surprising diagnosis after a quick ER visit a few years ago. And a close friend of mine from high school that was in my wedding party died from changing a light bulb on a ladder (about 8 years ago)... was on top of a ladder and fell off, hitting his head at a sharp angle. Being the football player/tough guy type, he sat down on the couch to shake it off and never got back up.

On top of that, when I've kept miles off my cars it was always hard to recoup the value of that low mileage car compared to a car that had been driven much more... I found this out on my 1996 Cobra (car was sold in 2006) and my 2008 Z06 (was sold in 2013). Everyone that looked at those cars when I was selling beat me up because they could get a car cheaper with a lot more mileage on them. :shrug:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
so yours is a base 16 in AG, no stripes...black roof or no? #33...mine's #39 base AG stripes no roof. I got mine in Jan '16 and have about 8k miles on it...all street. I have a strong preference for fully-built cars when I go on track so I haven't tracked mine.
Are you going to make a build out of your R or just use it for Street use? I recommend tracking it at least once before you work on it as a build. It is an impressive car (Stock trim) as I am sure you already know. Thanks for sharing your mileage.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Drive it, Drive it, Drive it! Enjoy it as much as you can, life is too short to save mileage for the next guy! The only reason I don't drive mine more is because I don't want to take it where I'm going that day to leave it unattended, otherwise, I drive it (non-R for now). My hat is off to you Harold for enjoying such a fine car as much as you do!

Why do I have the "life is short" view on life? I've seen a lot of tragedy around me with guys my age/close friends (I'm in my late 40's). A very good friend of mine that lives 5 minutes from my house just died 3 weeks ago of the flu.. I was on vacation and came home to find this out. He had just turned 50. My best friend of 30+ years has stage 4 cancer and recieved the surprising diagnosis after a quick ER visit a few years ago. And a close friend of mine from high school that was in my wedding party died from changing a light bulb on a ladder (about 8 years ago)... was on top of a ladder and fell off, hitting his head at a sharp angle. Being the football player/tough guy type, he sat down on the couch to shake it off and never got back up.

On top of that, when I've kept miles off my cars it was always hard to recoup the value of that low mileage car compared to a car that had been driven much more... I found this out on my 1996 Cobra (car was sold in 2006) and my 2008 Z06 (was sold in 2013). Everyone that looked at those cars when I was selling beat me up because they could get a car cheaper with a lot more mileage on them. :shrug:
Thanks for sharing! I too had a friend recently pass from a cold while he was battling cancer, about 2 weeks ago. I also agree that life is too short. I served several combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and I am still here. I have several friends that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. My preference is to have one performance car at a time to enjoy it to its fullest potential.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Before I got my R I daily drove my 350 I am a dialysis patient and also do not believe in saving the vehicle for the next guy! That said I bought me a nice little beater for a daily since I got my R as I just don't want to have someone at the hospital with a wheel chair dent the side of the R. I have just recently got the car done with PPF and ceramic coating so I have not driven it much in the last few weeks but when the weekends hit I drive it every were.

I bought it to enjoy it while I am still able too life is short live while you can! Or put another way its not a practice round you only get one chance at life!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Bought my base R for tracking only. I forgot how hot a car is without AC, esp herein the South. :eyebulge: The car is horrible for street driving. (Too loud and too low.) I am amazed how many of you do so. I agree with the sentiment stated above...go drive it. Mine has juts at 2K miles. :cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Over 7k
Sponsored