Sponsored

Removing hood liner to remove turn signal vents in hood

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I was wondering when I remove the hood insulation liner there is a mustang emblem underneath, would be any effects to removing that permanently or not. Also to remove the vents to paint them are they bolted in or clipped in ? Just wondering before I risk breaking anything in removal.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I was wondering when I remove the hood insulation liner there is a mustang emblem underneath, would be any effects to removing that permanently or not. Also to remove the vents to paint them are they bolted in or clipped in ? Just wondering before I risk breaking anything in removal.
They are clipped in. You can go without the hood liner, but someone had mentioned that it helps keeping the engine bay slightly cooler :shrug:

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
2 bolts and the rest of it is clipped. Where in Florida are you. Pm me if you are close. I can help:cheers:

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys , I'm not far from st Augustine . Yea I thought it would be cool to not have the mustang hidden by the liner . Just didn't want it to possibly hurt the paint from the heat.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that was a fail for today, they came out nice until I peeled the tape around the turn signals and it pulled it all off. So I got mad and just peel them the rest of the way and put them back on the car.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I removed mine and its fine. I hear my blower better now and IATs and CHT are cooler.
IMG_6669.jpg

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Well that was a fail for today, they came out nice until I peeled the tape around the turn signals and it pulled it all off. So I got mad and just peel them the rest of the way and put them back on the car.
lmao. you need to take the tape off while the plastidip is still wet. I did the same thing but it wasn't that bad so I just left it. You can only see yellow from the driver's seat

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was trying to but I guess trying to do one after the other I waited too long to remove lol

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I actually just did this this weekend. I have the 2016 so I have the LED turns so mine has more wires that the none. I am curious if I can route them inside of the hood. There appears to be passages.
hood.jpg

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
I took mine off an sprayed matte black...was considering plasti-dip...
heat extractors matte black small.jpg

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I hear my blower better now and IATs and CHT are cooler.
Not that I'm doubting you, but what would be the reason for IATs and CHTs to be lower by simply removing the hood liner?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Old wives tale......
It is?

"10-20-2003
CragarShinoda

There are around 9 plastic push pins that hold it on. Past that, remove the nut taht bolts the ground lead onto the body and it will come right off. Before you do though, let me tell you why Ford puts the hood insulator on the cars. It is not to remove heat at all. Though it may reduce the chances (Very slightly) of hood discoloration, it was not intended for that reason either. Let me bring you back to 4 years ago. I was racing at Bristol in a friends Cobra when... BAM!!! N2O backfire at about half track. The engine bay ignited and the hood was flaming. By the time that the car was pulled off the track the fire was out. I thought that the motor was shot, but believe it or not it was as good as new (once we replaced all of the components that the throttle bottle blew up). The only thing that was destroyed by the fire was the hood insulator. When the fire ignited the plastic push pins melted and the insulator fell onto the engine smothering the fire. I thought that this was just the good Lord looking over me, but after doing research and asking some very high ups at SVT, Ford, and Team Mustang I found out that the insulator was designed for just that reason. Saved my friend's motor and possibly my life. Just keep that in mind."
Sponsored