OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Odd question I know...but what's the lowest theoretical limit in terms of boost that you can run? Can it do 5 - 6 psi?
We have made as low as 3 psi, and it can be adjusted from there with a boost controller.
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Thank you for the kind words.

For those interested in our systems, remember that with our price includes 2 turbos and full american made stainless exhaust that reach all the way back to the cat back muffler. The comparable price of a supercharger does not include headers, or exhaust reaching back to the cat back. These exhaust components would cost extra with a supercharger, and increase the total investment to be closer in price to a twin kit.

We have great value in our systems and do the best we can to bring the best option to the industry:headbang:

Team Hellion
Does Hellion ever offer any sales or some sort of discount to forum members?

These kits cannot be beat. Ive had all types of blowers (Paxton, TVS, etc) and while they all have their advantages, none of them compare to a max effort turbo car.

Hellion quality is second to none. It'll be the way I go if/when I pick up my '18 GT.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does Hellion ever offer any sales or some sort of discount to forum members?

These kits cannot be beat. Ive had all types of blowers (Paxton, TVS, etc) and while they all have their advantages, none of them compare to a max effort turbo car.

Hellion quality is second to none. It'll be the way I go if/when I pick up my '18 GT.
Thank you!

When you are ready for a quote please email [email protected], and mention that you were recommended from Hellion social media on Mustang6g.com

Pnutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Feet
Team Hellion

I have a couple questions and concern's I would like to discus.

I used to have a STI one of the problem's was that the turbo sat on one side of the engine and would heat up one piston causing it to fail* (It is not verified as the cause, but its believed to be at least part of it. Most ring-land failures are on the (Hot) side of the engine). What mechanism's are in place if any that would help prevent that from happening in a factory NA car? This also leads into my next question of doesn't the location of the turbos heat up the intake air right before entering the manifold? Wouldn't a heat shield of some sort help with that, Do you guys offer one? I would think having it curved down behind the turbos and push it down and out the back of the engine would help keep temps in check. Obviously i'm not an engineer and you would know better than I please don't take me question as someone trying to one up you guys I am genuinely curious. I like this kit, it looks fucking Amazing, i'm just a little concerned that a bunch of heat in a small location = trouble.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Hello,

Actually we do offer the kit complete with tune, or a tuner kit that deletes the tune, tuner, and injectors.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Team Hellion
hmmm, i went to your website and the 55 mm kit said no injectors or tune included. note the circled line in the screenshot
Screenshot (103).png

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Also if you're a ricer like me, the HLX Screamer cover upgrade was so worth it lol.

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Team Hellion

I have a couple questions and concern's I would like to discus.

I used to have a STI one of the problem's was that the turbo sat on one side of the engine and would heat up one piston causing it to fail* (It is not verified as the cause, but its believed to be at least part of it. Most ring-land failures are on the (Hot) side of the engine). What mechanism's are in place if any that would help prevent that from happening in a factory NA car? This also leads into my next question of doesn't the location of the turbos heat up the intake air right before entering the manifold? Wouldn't a heat shield of some sort help with that, Do you guys offer one? I would think having it curved down behind the turbos and push it down and out the back of the engine would help keep temps in check. Obviously i'm not an engineer and you would know better than I please don't take me question as someone trying to one up you guys I am genuinely curious. I like this kit, it looks fucking Amazing, i'm just a little concerned that a bunch of heat in a small location = trouble.
Hello, thank you for the questions.

The coyote engine, as opposed to most other applications, has inherent strength built into the piston and related components. We have made well over 1000 rwhp with a mere stock short block. With that strength, a lower base setting of boost does not cause any failures with a proper tune.

With regards to heat from the engine---we have supplied all necessary components and hardware to protect the adjacent parts around the turbos and keep everything cool and in working order. The air is pulled from the inside of the engine yes, but it then gets cooled on the front of the engine with our supplied intercooler before going into the engine. Some customers have made custom scoops for fresh air, but with the capabilities of this kit is really not needed.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Hellion

Sponsored
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
hmmm, i went to your website and the 55 mm kit said no injectors or tune included. note the circled line in the screenshot
Hello. You are correct per our website. The 2018 kit is $8995 for a tuner kit versus $8395 for our 2017 kit. The 2018 is supplied with extra components and thus has a different price. As far as tuning the 2018, we currently address each vehicle individually, and discuss tuning options per customer.

Please let us know if we can help.

Team Hellion

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Also if you're a ricer like me, the HLX Screamer cover upgrade was so worth it lol.
I've been legit looking at this. I mean, I like the sleeper aspect but I also really like turbo noise. Do we know if these can be added to an existing kit? Or would I have to send my system in?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I've been legit looking at this. I mean, I like the sleeper aspect but I also really like turbo noise. Do we know if these can be added to an existing kit? Or would I have to send my system in?
I had them just send me the new compressor covers. 6 bolts on each turbo to swap them over. Its cheaper to send your current compressor covers to them but that means the car would be down.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Couple questions for ya Hellion...

Do you have to permanently remove the front sway bar to get the downpipes through and make it fit?

How much power can be made on a pair of 6466’s with air filters? More specifically, do you know when the air filters would become a restriction?

Last edited:
OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Couple questions for ya Hellion...

Do you have to permanently remove the front sway bar to get the downpipes through and make it fit?

How much power can be made on a pair of 6466’s with air filters? More specifically, do you know when the air filters would become a restriction?

Hello,

The sway bar stays in tact and on the car with our system.

We have made over 1500 rwhp with the air cleaners left on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.