2018 Buying Questions/Advice

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Curious, about your impressions of the Golf R? Is it a manual or stick? I miss my Focus ST sometimes b/c of how nimble and precise it was. The Golf R should be all that and then some.
My friend bought a used Golf R stick last month with 24k miles on it for 31k OTD. I was surprised at how quick it was, with minimal turbo lag. The clutch was super light and it's definitely fun to drive. The thing I hated the most was the artificial sound, it was awful. Even the sub in the trunk was being used to produce fake deep exhaust tone.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My friend bought a used Golf R stick last month with 24k miles on it for 31k OTD. I was surprised at how quick it was, with minimal turbo lag. The clutch was super light and it's definitely fun to drive. The thing I hated the most was the artificial sound, it was awful. Even the sub in the trunk was being used to produce fake deep exhaust tone.
Yes, the sound of the engine is what I hate the most. I disabled the soundkator that produces fake engine sounds. I thought the car would sound like an STi but it's a terrible sounding 4 banger.

OP
OP

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, the deal worked out financially in my favor. Ordered a 2018 GT Orange Fury Manual 301A with Black Accent Package. Got it for approx 34 OTD and they gave me 31 for my Golf R. Payments are going to work out to about $374 a month. I will be saving money actually.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Nice job!! Enjoy the new ride... I can’t wait to get back in a Mustang either.
Sponsored