Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
2018 Accord is a rather quick sedan. Ask me how I know... I was shocked when I drove one. So shocked I bought one.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Fusion Sport is pretty nice 4 door option

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
2018 Accord is a rather quick sedan. Ask me how I know... I was shocked when I drove one. So shocked I bought one.
6.1 seconds. I know quick is subjective... but 6.1 seconds. :p

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
6.1 seconds. I know quick is subjective... but 6.1 seconds. :p
It's not the fastest, but it is faster than the previous gen V6 and the current V6 competition. Honda has gone way more luxury with this Accord as it's pretty much made Acura useless right now. Hopefully it makes Acura step up their game and start offering good AWD options.

I trust this car more than I do a Kia.... That's just my personal opinion though. They have come a long way since the early 2000's.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not the fastest, but it is faster than the previous gen V6 and the current V6 competition. Honda has gone way more luxury with this Accord as it's pretty much made Acura useless right now. Hopefully it makes Acura step up their game and start offering good AWD options.

I trust this car more than I do a Kia.... That's just my personal opinion though. They have come a long way since the early 2000's.
Kia is number 3 for reliability, Honda is number 9, according to Consumer Reports at least:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ion/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

The Accord and the Stinger GT aren't competitors, though, I guess the base Stinger would be. Acura really does need to step their game up, the only performance-like model they have is the TLX A-Spec which still isn't fast enough for its price range IMO - the exterior and interior are beautiful, though... and then it goes up to a $130k+ NSX. :frusty:

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
...the only performance-like model they have is the TLX A-Spec... and then it goes up to a $130k+ NSX
Where are you getting this info? 290HP V6 is a $3200 option regardless of A-Spec trim level. Additionally, NSX starts at $156k.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Check out what a Hondata tune on 93 can do to it. Won't be much from a dig (spin fest), but once it's moving, it'll be moving quick...
Apples to apples though, we can say that about every car in this thread. Accords were always under rated for some reason, however. They always had better drive trains, motors, and chassis than their civic counter-parts it seemed.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you getting this info? 290HP V6 is a $3200 option regardless of A-Spec trim level. Additionally, NSX starts at $156k.
The a-spec is the performance model, the non-aspec with the same V6 isnā€™t, is it? I thought the a-spec added better handling and awd in conjunction with the exterior/interior options?

Last edited:

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out what a Hondata tune on 93 can do to it. Won't be much from a dig (spin fest), but once it's moving, it'll be moving quick...
Modded car with broken warranty is faster than car from factory, news at 11. :p
Sorry, donā€™t mean to be a jerk there, but Iā€™ve seen civics modded to be 1000hp. With enough money and resources anyone can make anything fast, and yes, I know youā€™re talking about just a tune... but still.

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
The a-spec is the performance model, the non-aspec with the same V6 isnā€™t, is it? I thought the a-spec added better handling and awd in conjunction with the exterior/interior options?
Not AWD. You can get a FWD A-Spec TLX.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I love the Stinger and if I needed a 4 door car it would probably be at the top of my list. Having said that, after driving one for an entire day back in the fall, it doesn't feel nearly as fast as the Mustang. This magazine is just trying to create drama and get a headline with a crappy driver and an unfair auto vs. manual comparison. Maybe the Australian media just doesn't like the Mustang, another Australian journalist was ranting last year about the Mustang being a deathtrap just because it got a low NCAP rating for poor backseat seat belts and no autonomous braking. Another non-issue they pushed just for views.
I did a long test drive in a Stinger GT2 AWD and it absolutely felt as fast (if not faster) than my GT. Sport mode and the summer tires make a huge difference.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I test drove a Stinger GT 2 yesterday and holy crap is that a fast effing car. The thing moves off the line and pulls light years harder than my ecoboost. Throws you in the back of the seat. Not crazy about the looks of the car though. Its nice enough but a bit big and feels more like a luxury car than a sports car. I drove it back to back with an Audi S3 and much preferred the S3. It was not quite as fast, though very quick, but better driving dynamics and I love the looks of it more. But Stinger still very impressive car.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I test drove a Stinger GT 2 yesterday and holy crap is that a fast effing car. The thing moves off the line and pulls light years harder than my ecoboost. Throws you in the back of the seat. Not crazy about the looks of the car though. Its nice enough but a bit big and feels more like a luxury car than a sports car. I drove it back to back with an Audi S3 and much preferred the S3. It was not quite as fast, though very quick, but better driving dynamics and I love the looks of it more. But Stinger still very impressive car.
S3 is 0-60 in 4.6 seconds... coming from an eb, I can't imagine you would feel the difference between the stinger and s3... (not that you would not, I don't think I would...)

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Funny, people think this is a weird comparison, but this is exactly what I'm debating. I don't need 4 doors, but they would make my life easier (large dog, being able to have passengers). At this point I'm just gauging demand on the Bullitt. If they are X-Plan exempt/not eligible for incentives (or worse, have ADMs) I'd likely go Stinger GT. Mustang GT Premium v. Stinger GT isn't remotely a competition in my criteria (GT looks better & is slightly faster, Stinger GT is much more practical and luxurious, neither moves the neither on the prestige scale).

In a way I get why people are so dismissive, clearly Mustang guys. But every review from a car guy on the Stinger GT has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm a car guy, so the Stinger GT is incredibly intriguing to me.
Sponsored