Sponsored

Paint correction

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
What product guys recommend for this level of swirls in the pint. They aren’t really too bad around the car but after having the car for 2 years and no garage it’s really starting to bother me. While I know having it outside it will come back again I think it’s been long enough for a mild correction. Idk if picture quality will do it justice since I have to crop it from it’s orginal size. Picture is of the upper part of the hood near the driver side dash I have heard I don’t really need that abrasive product for this level of swirls/scratches
F410C51D-4BC1-43A1-BF3B-A09665A6F549.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
HD Speed and it leaves behind some protection.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Sponsored

TommyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/Performance pack, 2017 Challenger Mopar eddition, & 1985 Mustang SVO
Vehicle Showcase
I don't recommend any product (I'm west coast, many of us use Chemical Guys because they are local and good) as for paint correction get on YouTube and view Chemical Guys videos. They have the best videos and top notch video production. I've been detailing cars since I was a child and just when I thought I knew everything, Chemical Guys makes another video :D

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
For you guys making recommendations on product, what type of pads are you using with it?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
in work i use all 3m, steps 1 through 3 white foam pad for 1, black for 2, and light blue for 3 . and i havn't had a problem for over 12 yrs. .. then you can either ceramic coat it ..or seal it then use a wax of your choice over the sealant...
i also dont use a little da mini buffer like most.. i use a 10 inch 12 speed buffer

and i paint for a living so, i sand and buff fresh paint.. sometimes i get the guy that wants stuff removed like you have and i use the same products with great results
menzurna i good stuff also ive tried that as well

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
For sure chemical guys, they have a swirl remover called SS its a blue label. That stuff is supposed to be made for fixing stuff like those level of swirls. I recommend using a green heavy cut polishing pad. I prefer the hexlogic pads.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
in work i use all 3m, steps 1 through 3 white foam pad for 1, black for 2, and light blue for 3 . and i havn't had a problem for over 12 yrs. .. then you can either ceramic coat it ..or seal it then use a wax of your choice over the sealant...
i also dont use a little da mini buffer like most.. i use a 10 inch 12 speed buffer

and i paint for a living so, i sand and buff fresh paint.. sometimes i get the guy that wants stuff removed like you have and i use the same products with great results
menzurna i good stuff also ive tried that as well
Menzurna 3800 plus and a light blue sponge pad....excellent results!! Then clean...clean....clean I used Eraser...then applied CQuartz UK.. incredible!! See my build! :cheers:

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I used Menzurna 3800 on my Black STANG prior to CQuartz UK application... deep, deep Black, no fine scratches or swirls of anykind!! amazing stuff! Used a DA polisher from Griots.

https://www.menzerna.com/products/polishes/car-polishes/finish/super-finish-plus-3800/

:cheers::cheers:
Not aggressive enough for his issues. Menzerna fg400 or whatever they have renamed it to is what you want. It will clean that up fast, won’t dust, and will finish down like a fine polish. Follow up with some Menzerna powerlock or gtechiq c1 / exo (or cquartz). if you wanna go the ceramic coating route. Always do an ipa wipe down after polishing before applying any wax or sealant. Menz 3800 is awesome if you just wanna remove light imperfections and really enhance the shine. With the level of correction the op needs, 3800 will work you to death.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Not aggressive enough for his issues. Menzerna fg400 or whatever they have renamed it to is what you want. It will clean that up fast, won’t dust, and will finish down like a fine polish. Follow up with some Menzerna powerlock or gtechiq c1 / exo if you wanna go the ceramic coating route. Always do an ipa wipe down after polishing before applying any wax or sealant.
Ya....maybe?? But I did wet sand mine 1st.... then did more and more. I think a lot of novice members are just afraid to try something new???

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
there are like 100 products that work and work well. pick a brand you like(Adams, Chemical Guys, whoever.) simple Meguiars works too. i did a previous whole car with m105 and m205 and great results.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
like the guy above said, it's all personal preference. I really like M105 and M205 as well, but i've been coating my car and my fiancees as well recently and realllllly like Carpro ClearCut on a Medium Fine Cut pad finished with Carpro Essence on a Carpro Gloss pad. Mirror like reflections after getting rid of most defects. Easy and quick.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Menzerna 2400 with either a Burgundy or Orange WS pad
Finish with Menzerna 3800 with either an Orange or Black WS pad.

Since I've started working with and training for IGL Ceramic Coating certification, I can hands down say, that Menzerna is the best shit out there.
Sponsored