WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom line, no. Second car was damaged. After 2 damaged cars, with the second experiencing production delays, shipping delays and being quarantined I decided to take the hint and am not going ahead with it. Haven't decided anything past that at this stage.
What a long, drawn out and frustrating experience.

:frusty:
Sponsored

OP
OP
MUS550

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bottom line, no. Second car was damaged. After 2 damaged cars, with the second experiencing production delays, shipping delays and being quarantined I decided to take the hint and am not going ahead with it. Haven't decided anything past that at this stage.
What was the damage to the second car ?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
What was the damage to the second car ?
Front bar was gouged. Also a paint defect on the bonnet. Easily repairable but I'm buying a new car not a repaired one so worried about the paint failing down the track, broken clips pulling it all apart and reassembling, loss of resale value etc. There's more to my reasoning and decision but that's the end result.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Interesting to hear the dealers are now offering discounts on the 2018, it just shows how many people cancelled after the price announcement

Sponsored

Mikeybrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Interesting to hear the dealers are now offering discounts on the 2018, it just shows how many people cancelled after the price announcement
Between LCT and the price increase. Its a pretty substantial increase!

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Are there many discounts happening. I have only managed so far to get a $81500 on the road price down by $1500. If legitimate discounted quotes are out there can you please post them so that I have a bit more ammunition to take to the dealer.

cheers

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Are there many discounts happening. I have only managed so far to get a $81500 on the road price down by $1500. If legitimate discounted quotes are out there can you please post them so that I have a bit more ammunition to take to the dealer.

cheers
It's a bit early for good discounts yet. Just wait till unsold cars hit dealers in a few months and all bets will be off.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.

cheers
Could try and round up all 2018 buyers on the coast,and go bargain with the dealers as a group for a discount,,just a thought.

Reactions: PKs

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged

cheers
My invoice started at just over $82k, I am down to $80k and thanks to Apsilon I am also talking to another dealer. I wouldn’t really expect to get too much more discount at this stage. I would think the best way To reduce price is drop options and or wait and see what happens with supply and demand. LCT of 33% kicks in above $65094.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
LCT of 33% kicks in above $65094.
Ahh yes, that tax that was imposed by the Federal Government in order to protect the vehicle manufacturing industry in Australia.

Hmmm.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
It's a bit early for good discounts yet. Just wait till unsold cars hit dealers in a few months and all bets will be off.

cheers
Pretty big discounts in my opinion $5-6k on a couple of people now

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I think the cancellation rate must have been huge. I will be calling around for pricing I think

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Following, thinking about this switch.

Lightning, recaros, magneride, mmm...

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I would like to think that the current oil cooler and a/c problems were resolved before I stumped up for any more $$$$'s for a 2018 model
(or maybe I'm just another dumb kiwi)
We live in hope with Ford
Sponsored