Dealership scam alert

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Just wanted to let everyone know that the dealers are trying to charge you extra to put nitrogen in your tires, when i bought my mustang it had these big goofy N on the valve stem caps and on the sticker was extra for the nitrogen. I told them to take the charge off, they did but i kept the nitrogen, they claimed nitrogen stays in the tire much longer than regular compressed air, so a 2 months after purchase my tires were at 29psi so i lost 6psi. I went ahead and let most of the nitrogen out refilled with 35psi air, and in a year i still have 32psi cold in all 4. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am i making a big deal about nothing.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Just wanted to let everyone know that the dealers are trying to charge you extra to put nitrogen in your tires, when i bought my mustang it had these big goofy N on the valve stem caps and on the sticker was extra for the nitrogen. I told them to take the charge off, they did but i kept the nitrogen, they claimed nitrogen stays in the tire much longer than regular compressed air, so a 2 months after purchase my tires were at 29psi so i lost 6psi. I went ahead and let most of the nitrogen out refilled with 35psi air, and in a year i still have 32psi cold in all 4. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am i making a big deal about nothing.
They have been doing that for YEARS.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This is not new

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
My 13 mustang didnt have nitrogen.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....2 months after purchase my tires were at 29psi so i lost 6psi. I went ahead and let most of the nitrogen out refilled with 35psi air, and in a year i still have 32psi cold in all 4......
You didn't "lose" 6PSI, the temps dropped. Nitrogen doesn't go up and down in PSIs based on temps as much as "air" does, so you did yourself a disservice by emptying it out.

You still have 32PSI now, because the temp is basically the same as when you put the "air" in.

Nitrogen is good. Only the PP cars come with it, AFAIK.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You didn't "lose" 6PSI, the temps dropped. Nitrogen doesn't go up and down in PSIs based on temps as much as "air" does, so you did yourself a disservice by emptying it out.

You still have 32PSI now, because the temp is basically the same as when you put the "air" in.

I don't think so.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)

Both of my comparison psi tests were cold psi! So yes i lost 6psi of nitrogen in 2.5 months...

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
And yes if a dealer does the nitrogen scam all new cars from that dealer get nitrogen, and ugly green caps.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do other Mustangs have the green stem caps that denote Nitrogen fill?
I've personally never seen it on any Mustangs nor is it on my PP. Best guess is depends on dealership.

Sponsored

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Just an FYI...the air you're breathing at this moment is @ 78% nitrogen. Those that think another 22% is going to make a difference are fooling themselves. Just a way to pad the bill.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Yeah, that's not unique to your dealer or Mustangs or PP cars or really anything. It's a way for a dealer to use a super low-cost gas and gouge a customer for $200 bucks.

Never, ever pay it.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yeah, that's not unique to your dealer or Mustangs or PP cars or really anything. It's a way for a dealer to use a super low-cost gas and gouge a customer for $200 bucks.

Never, ever pay it.
This. My moms 2013 CRV came with nitrogen.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yeah they put that shit on all of the cars on the lot (and their worthless PPF). Totals to something around $600 in extra bullshit.

I wonder if I have to instruct them not to add anything to my special order...hmm

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Yeah they put that shit on all of the cars on the lot (and their worthless PPF). Totals to something around $600 in extra bullshit.

I wonder if I have to instruct them not to add anything to my special order...hmm
I told them I wasn't paying for the stuff up front. Think my dealership adds like $700 with glass etching, nitrogen, tile key chain plus glass, paint, fabric protection. All the stuff on the lot they automatically add it. When I bought my truck from them off the lot I told them no deal unless they remove that markup. Such a scam...never pay for that garbage.

Kevin08...you'll never have to pay it if your car never arrives...you're safe.
Sponsored