• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

FS: GT350R Streering wheel and start button

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
the button is cool, but not £40 cool :frusty::lol: Damn americans.
How can that button be an improvement for anyone who isn't going for a nothing but red motif?

The regular button has character, detail and well complimenting colors. A solid red button is cheaper to make than the regular button but Ford spent more on the regular button because more people would prefer that and single color is boring. The GT350 button is only solid red because some marketing genius thought some buyers would like anything that made their GT350 different inside. So slap in a cheaper, more boring button and satisfy the GT350 buyers who can't tell the emperor's new clothes aren't what they should be.

The steering wheel, on the other hand, is nicer than the stock leather unless you are allergic to Alcantera or drive with dirty hands. Contrasting stitching break up the unending black. Almost the opposite of the button which is plainer/duller than the regular Mustang.

But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong [/Dennis Miller]

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How can that button be an improvement for anyone who isn't going for a nothing but red motif?

The regular button has character, detail and well complimenting colors. A solid red button is cheaper to make than the regular button but Ford spent more on the regular button because more people would prefer that and single color is boring. The GT350 button is only solid red because some marketing genius thought some buyers would like anything that made their GT350 different inside. So slap in a cheaper, more boring button and satisfy the GT350 buyers who can't tell the emperor's new clothes aren't what they should be.

The steering wheel, on the other hand, is nicer than the stock leather unless you are allergic to Alcantera or drive with dirty hands. Contrasting stitching break up the unending black. Almost the opposite of the button which is plainer/duller than the regular Mustang.

But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong [/Dennis Miller]
No I agree, not sure how it relates to my bit anywho. I chucked a 350 button in purely to add a splash more red into the interior, did deliberate the cost of it, but I'd just done some work for someone else, so it was kind of "free" in my eyes :lol:. I like it, I liked the stock one, it went with the chrome bar through the middle and other bits, but as I've reduced the chrome on the car, the red and black theme (and carbon) has flowed into the car :D

tl;dr not worth more than a £5er, well marketed, people paying it, ford doing ford things.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Please post up the eBay link if it goes on there :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Boom! This, today and twice tomorrow ;)

Never look at the button anyway, not even when firing up.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if the wheel will fit a 2018 GT? (10 speed auto)
doubt it'll retain the heated feature on the MY18s wheel (I think this is standard on export models). So you may end up with some loose connectors. Not worth it imo, there will be 'retrimmed my18' variants soon enough if you want it with heated too.

If we don't get heated, then it'll be a straight bolt on swap.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are right, export 18's have a heated steering wheel. So, not worth it at the moment. Thanks for your help.
No worries :)!