Sponsored

GT350R production numbers? Driving me crazy

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
The plan published so far is Ford will build 500 'R' versions per year through 2019 and 4000 GT350's per year. Since there are 3,200 Ford dealers in the US, that means about 1 out of 6 dealers will get 1 allocation for an R. You will most likely never find a GT350R close to MSRP for the next 4 years. Good Luck.
Published? Please provide a link or copy.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Published? Please provide a link or copy.
My thoughts exactly. And no, I don't consider what "you heard" from one of the guys at the Track Tour to be confirmation. Plans change, verbal information gets misconstrued. I don't care how senior the guy was that said it. If it's not on a Ford press release, it's still up for debate.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Personal obsession.

Made profit (sales price) on my 335i and 911 GT3 after yrs of ownership. Just one of those challenges I like. Why lose 20k when I don't have to :D
20k is a lot, and more than I expect most people who buy a GT350 or R to lose in a few years, but if money is important to you there are a lot better ways to make it than to buy a new car. Maybe you enjoy the hunt more than actually driving a car. Good luck

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I may be wrong, but I read those production numbers are not official. That information was supposedly leaked, so I wouldn't rely to much it. I would expect Rs to be sold used over MSRP for quite some time. It someone has something from Ford stating official numbers, that would make a great sticky.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
20k is a lot, and more than I expect most people who buy a GT350 or R to lose in a few years, but if money is important to you there are a lot better ways to make it than to buy a new car. Maybe you enjoy the hunt more than actually driving a car. Good luck
No. I'm a car enthusiast of any car that is special...no matter the brand. From the old schools to the new schools I've been a Mustang fan (slight bias over Camrao, admittedly) and this is the first in a long time I have REALLY wanted (other than the classics). I just enjoy scoping the supply demand rush of the market. Hell I go to black friday stores just to see people go mad. I don't even buy anything. I'm a weird person.

Sb31767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350r w electronics. DIB w White Stripes
Okay a 77k mustang is stupid. It took a while and the delay for me to really say wait a second. Awesome car yes. Can I get a regular track pack in a year at sticker for 56k and have all that extra left to way surpass an R. Yes

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
While we're at it can someone help me find an avalanche grey GT350 with track pack and no stripes at invoice? I won't pay a penny more and anyone that has is stupid with their money. Then after I've put 30,000 hard red line miles on it and countless track events I want another schmuck to buy it off of me for msrp. Come on, pretty pretty please? I'm rich I deserve it now! (Obviously being sarcastic)
If you spell it out you lose the effect. The joy of sarcasm is in the discovery, and often as evidenced on other threads the lack of appreciation of same.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Of course we don't want to. Thats not the argument. Its what will the market see. Good luck finding a used Cayman GT4 or GT3 at anything at less than new MSRP right now. The GT350 is a very similar car and has a similar niche. Over at the Porsche forums, guys are raving about the GT350 and buying them up left and right for track toys. There is always a buyer. I wish the automotive market wasn't like this right now, but unfortunately it is.

This is a true statement.. I have heard the same thing at the Porsche dealership. I went there looking at a used GT3 and told the guy about the R I have coming and they all raved about the GT350 R There is a lot of interest from the Porsche guys over this car.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So true. Porsche enthusiasts/owners praise the GT350.... I was at a PCA autox event earlier today and everyone liked my 350. They were also impressed how well it performed on the course. And 80% were Porsche owners... me included. :D

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So true. Porsche enthusiasts/owners praise the GT350.... I was at a PCA autox event earlier today and everyone liked my 350. They were also impressed how well it performed on the course. And 80% were Porsche owners... me included. :D

Ford dedicated 25% of it's Track Tour to "other brands" - specifically Porsche owners. I know you were there, so I'm really saying this for others who might not know - Ford marketed this car heavily to non-Mustang people.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Former GT3 owner here as well. Sold it, made a modest profit. Ordered a M4, passed when it came in as info of the GT350 was just beginning to surface at the time. Took delivery of my GT350 yesterday, couldn't be happier.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The R is the GT350 to own. If they only build 2000 over 4 years it will be the exclusive Shelby.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
All I want is a GT350R at MSRP. I dont ask for much :ford:

Is there any information on how who long the R production will last? I know the ADM is going crazy right now because supply vs demand, but I thought Ford was building more of these in 2016!? I'm willing to wait it out, but its super frustrating calling every dealer only to hear allocations are gone. Surely they are building more. Any insider info?
I had to give up on the 350R. I, like other fellow forum members, have spent more than a few hours calling and emailing dealers all over the country. I would drive to Alaska if they had one at sticker. The only one that has sold around here (Dallas) went for $25 over. It went to a California buyer and he was damn happy to pay it. I just took delivery on 12/31 of a 350 w/tech pack and coughed up $10k over to get it. They had been asking 20k over, but caved in the last day of the year just to get it on 2015's books.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
TxOilMoney said:
I had to give up on the 350R. I, like other fellow forum members, have spent more than a few hours calling and emailing dealers all over the country. I would drive to Alaska if they had one at sticker. The only one that has sold around here (Dallas) went for $25 over. It went to a California buyer and he was damn happy to pay it. I just took delivery on 12/31 of a 350 w/tech pack and coughed up $10k over to get it. They had been asking 20k over, but caved in the last day of the year just to get it on 2015's books.
Congrats on the car and thanks for the info about your experiences. :thumbsup:
Sponsored