Sponsored

GT350R production numbers? Driving me crazy

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
All I want is a GT350R at MSRP. I dont ask for much :ford:

Is there any information on how who long the R production will last? I know the ADM is going crazy right now because supply vs demand, but I thought Ford was building more of these in 2016!? I'm willing to wait it out, but its super frustrating calling every dealer only to hear allocations are gone. Surely they are building more. Any insider info?
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
New rule - People aren't allowed to inquire about GT350s at MSRP for their first post.

OP - production on 2016s has hardly started - only a few being delivered that we know of. They are making more but the allocations that people tell you are gone, are for cars that aren't even built yet. Chances of getting an R at MSRP are basically nil at this point...even finding one that's not spoken for might prove difficult at any price (edit: well, any ADM... I'm sure you'll be able to buy one for crazy money).

OP
OP

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
New rule - People aren't allowed to inquire about GT350s at MSRP for their first post.

OP - production on 2016s has hardly started - only a few being delivered that we know of. They are making more but the allocations that people tell you are gone, are for cars that aren't even built yet. Chances of getting an R at MSRP are basically nil at this point...even finding one that's not spoken for might prove difficult at any price (edit: well, any ADM... I'm sure you'll be able to buy one for crazy money).
Ok well its my 2nd post now :D

Yea i realize the the current 2016 allocation ordeal, but its seems that most only got 1 to 3 allocations at best. I guess my question is have we seen any information on how long the R will be produced and when can we expect more allocations in 2016? Unfortunately there probably isnt an answer for that

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The plan published so far is Ford will build 500 'R' versions per year through 2019 and 4000 GT350's per year. Since there are 3,200 Ford dealers in the US, that means about 1 out of 6 dealers will get 1 allocation for an R. You will most likely never find a GT350R close to MSRP for the next 4 years. Good Luck.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
impossible to find a GT350R at MSRP - i contacted over 250+ dealers in the past 5 months and none to be found at MSRP. The lowest ADM I was able to find was at $7.5K and they sold their allocations in the july timeframe. I missed the opportunity by 3 weeks. I did find a R at $15K ADM and still searching for a lower ADM. Yesterday, I found another GT350R and offered $10K ADM and they laughed at me......

Sponsored

OP
OP

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
impossible to find a GT350R at MSRP - i contacted over 250+ dealers in the past 5 months and none to be found at MSRP. The lowest ADM I was able to find was at $7.5K and they sold their allocations in the july timeframe. I missed the opportunity by 3 weeks. I did find a R at $15K ADM and still searching for a lower ADM. Yesterday, I found another GT350R and offered $10K ADM and they laughed at me......

The plan published so far is Ford will build 500 'R' versions per year through 2019 and 4000 GT350's per year. Since there are 3,200 Ford dealers in the US, that means about 1 out of 6 dealers will get 1 allocation for an R. You will most likely never find a GT350R close to MSRP for the next 4 years. Good Luck.
Good info. Thats very low, even lower than Porsche. Porsche usually builds about 2000 GT cars over a 2 year span. Ford is doing it over 4....wow. Looks like my best bet is to put a deposit down for an allocation a year a head of time and I "may" get lucky. At those numbers, we def wont see an MSRP car unless its prenegotiated way ahead of time.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Good info. Thats very low, even lower than Porsche. Porsche usually builds about 2000 GT cars over a 2 year span. Ford is doing it over 4....wow. Looks like my best bet is to put a deposit down for an allocation a year a head of time and I "may" get lucky. At those numbers, we def wont see an MSRP car unless its prenegotiated way ahead of time.
Does it have to be a "R"? The "regular" GT350 gives up very little to the R that you will be paying 50% to 75% more for after ADM, for what amounts to lighter wheels and a missing rear seat. What are your intended uses?

The standard 350 will be available at MSRP if you are patient. I got one of the first cars and didn't pay ADM, and I had no prior relationship with the dealer.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

As far as I knew, this information isn't known. Has Ford said they will build anything past 2016? I mean, we can assume there will be a 2017 but anything beyond that, is there word? I didn't think so.

OP
OP

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
Does it have to be a "R"? The "regular" GT350 gives up very little to the R that you will be paying 50% to 75% more for after ADM, for what amounts to lighter wheels and a missing rear seat. What are your intended uses?

The standard 350 will be available at MSRP if you are patient. I got one of the first cars and didn't pay ADM, and I had no prior relationship with the dealer.
Honestly my main push behind an R is the fact that I can probably drive it for a year or 2 and not lose little to nothing in value. The performance gap is isnt the issue. That being said, I am NOT going to pay some crazy ADM for an R. I'll just wait till I can find a standard or R at MSRP (probably a standard)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Honestly my main push behind an R is the fact that I can probably drive it for a year or 2 and not lose little to nothing in value. The performance gap is isnt the issue. That being said, I am NOT going to pay some crazy ADM for an R. I'll just wait till I can find a standard or R at MSRP (probably a standard)
Well since you're familiar with Porsche... Can you buy any desirable Porsche @MSRP that holds it's value for 2 years while you drive it?

Sponsored

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
I think it's funny that anyone who can afford a $70k mustang would worry about what the depreciation will be.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm sure that in 2-4 years you should be able to find a lightly used model at the price you want to pay (roughly MSRP)

OP
OP

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
I think it's funny that anyone who can afford a $70k mustang would worry about what the depreciation will be.
Personal obsession.

Made profit (sales price) on my 335i and 911 GT3 after yrs of ownership. Just one of those challenges I like. Why lose 20k when I don't have to :D

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
And I'd never buy a used R for MSRP or even close, no matter what the original owner spent to buy the thing new. I'm not sure why everyone on here wants to buy a new GT350 for MSRP, but expects zero depreciation. In 1-2 years, why would I spend the same amount for your used car as I would for brand new?

OP
OP

rave426

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GT3
And I'd never buy a used R for MSRP or even close, no matter what the original owner spent to buy the thing new. I'm not sure why everyone on here wants to buy a new GT350 for MSRP, but expects zero depreciation. In 1-2 years, why would I spend the same amount for your used car as I would for brand new?
Of course we don't want to. Thats not the argument. Its what will the market see. Good luck finding a used Cayman GT4 or GT3 at anything at less than new MSRP right now. The GT350 is a very similar car and has a similar niche. Over at the Porsche forums, guys are raving about the GT350 and buying them up left and right for track toys. There is always a buyer. I wish the automotive market wasn't like this right now, but unfortunately it is.
Sponsored