Sponsored

2016 GT350R VIN and production updates

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
good news for vin 286...moved forward from week of dec 7 to day of nov 16. hopeful that that sticks.
Sponsored

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
I have an R model on order with no VIN yet.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I ordered my 16 R in late Aug to a confirmed allocation. Still no VIN nor build date. Currently unscheduled and on material hold. Was advised last week by salesman that no Rs (not already scheduled, like mine unscheduled on material hold) to be produced before January. :headbonk:

He has 4 reg 350s on order. First one, scheduled for Sept has moved repeatedly and is now on quality hold for possible late Nov delivery. Every week he sends me a Ford status report on all the 350s he ordered. Appears to be Fords ERP summary report. Oh well, wait some more......

Last edited:

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my R model from a dealer that did NOT have an allocation. Long shot is probably an understatement. I'm not holding my breathe......

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I ordered my R model from a dealer that did NOT have an allocation. Long shot is probably an understatement. I'm not holding my breathe......
You are out of luck with that order, I'm afraid.

Sponsored

Sb31767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350r w electronics. DIB w White Stripes
Okay these delays and other cars coming out make paying 10k plus for the R seem crazy. I want my deposit back and going to order a 2017 when things get real again

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If I didn't have a good price on an R already, I'd be jumping ship too. Maybe 2017 will have the silver I want.

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a deposit on an actual allocated car...I may be interested in buying your spot. if I could find an allocated spot with only $10K ADM I would jump on it!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
update for my car, VIN 286, is that it's still scheduled for production next thurs, 11/19.

Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Too bad only 50 will have been made through the end of next week - with 20 or so of those destined to remain within FoMoCo - versus 1K-plus of the base model.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Too bad only 50 will have been made through the end of next week - with 20 or so of those destined to remain within FoMoCo - versus 1K-plus of the base model.
where'd you get that info?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Haven't seen an explanation as to when those still waiting for a VIN might possibly hear they've gotten one, although I might have missed it. Word is the VINs are being assigned and cars built and distributed based on Mustang sales in general. So for those of us who have ordered from lower volume dealers and regions a bit out of the way (and by the way probably more prone to MSRP sales) likely won't see our cars until Spring. Apparently production is already set through January so if you don't have a VIN by now you may be in the later groups. Actually OK by me as I don't have to transport home in bad weather and wouldn't drive it in the winter anyway.:chill:

This may be accurate, since I received my VIN today and have a build date for the week of January 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This may be accurate, since I received my VIN today and have a build date for the week of January 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it could matter less when you placed the order compared to WHERE you placed the order...seems possible.

My dealer said his zone rep told him that we have 10 cars in front of mine and I didn't understand how that mattered.

Actually, now that I think about it. We're talking 500 cars. They aren't going to tool up to build 5 cars - why not pump them all out at once and be done with it?