Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
I just recently installed a Paxton super charger on my car and done the billet OPG and crank gear along with a few other goodies trying to get it datalogged and tuned. I had some issues running lean on one of my banks and was trying to find out why checking the 02 sensors,injectors and timing. So I done a leak down test to see if I could find an issue and I did. #6 and #8 cylinders are dead they are showing 30psi where all the others are showing 210 or so. Looks like I'll be putting in a short block if Ford Racing had a short block I could buy for the 15. Guess I'll have to end up with forging the internals and maybe punching out the block sucks to do it to a car with only 3700 miles on the clock. 800hp+ build here I come I'll keep it updated as I get my parts up and start my tear down.
Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just recently installed a Paxton super charger on my car and done the billet OPG and crank gear along with a few other goodies trying to get it datalogged and tuned. I had some issues running lean on one of my banks and was trying to find out why checking the 02 sensors,injectors and timing. So I done a leak down test to see if I could find an issue and I did. #6 and #8 cylinders are dead they are showing 30psi where all the others are showing 210 or so. Looks like I'll be putting in a short block if Ford Racing had a short block I could buy for the 15. Guess I'll have to end up with forging the internals and maybe punching out the block sucks to do it to a car with only 3700 miles on the clock. 800hp+ build here I come I'll keep it updated as I get my parts up and start my tear down.

Dang man that sucks sorry to hear that. How do you think that happened? We're you pushing to much hp on the stock block with the Paxton? Who tuned it? I also have a Paxton no opg or crank gear I'm at 635 hp car is running good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Sorry to hear that man.

I know how you feel.I broke a piston with my Hellion TT when I had a boost spike.My car had just 4000 miles.I had plan to build it eventually but no quite yet.
lol.
Well I guess it simply happened sooner rather than later.

My engine was just put back together with a 11-14 alluminator short block.

You can buy a complete 2015 alluminator now but i doubt the short block is going to be any different from the 11-14.Obviously the heads are different

I should be picking it up tomorrow

mrs2c5s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's sucks!!! Been there done that unfortuneately! At least my 2012 lived for awhile at 740 wheel before snapping a toothpick rod. Of course< i bea tthe shit out of it while it lived.

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
Dang man that sucks sorry to hear that. How do you think that happened? We're you pushing to much hp on the stock block with the Paxton? Who tuned it? I also have a Paxton no opg or crank gear I'm at 635 hp car is running good.

I'm not sure yet as to why it happened. My 04 cobra did the same shit to me when I added a smaller pulley to it and tuned it. I had the stock 3.8 pulley and 20% OD. I'm working with Lund on it trying to get it sorted out.

Sorry to hear that man.

I know how you feel.I broke a piston with my Hellion TT when I had a boost spike.My car had just 4000 miles.I had plan to build it eventually but no quite yet.
lol.
Well I guess it simply happened sooner rather than later.

My engine was just put back together with a 11-14 alluminator short block.

You can buy a complete 2015 alluminator now but i doubt the short block is going to be any different from the 11-14.Obviously the heads are different

I should be picking it up tomorrow

I hope I can pick up a low compression short block from them so I hopefully ain't gotta do this again. It I didn't know if the 11-14's were different seeing how you had to timing it differently. I'd like to put in a 15 short block if I could.

That's sucks!!! Been there done that unfortuneately! At least my 2012 lived for awhile at 740 wheel before snapping a toothpick rod. Of course< i bea tthe shit out of it while it lived.
My 04 cobra dropped # 8 within 3000 miles on clock it's just a repeat I guess gotta pay to play lol

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Not cool... I'm in the middle of installing my Paxton right now.

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
On top of it all I had to send my Paxton off because a seal when out and the bearing went out.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
On top of it all I had to send my Paxton off because a seal when out and the bearing went out.
Holy crap... Makes me second guess putting this on. Lol

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
things can always happen when you exceed factory specs, and sometimes you can have a weaker engine.

I had an 04 cobra, that was always low on power, couldn't figure out why, til we went to do cams. one of the cam followers was laying in the top of the head. couldn't believe it never caused catastrophic failure.

we have been pushing ours pretty hard and started building an engine in march at BES.

knowing it wasn't if, but when, of course we were going after 18 psi or so.

we finally pushed passed the limits of the engine, but never did hurt a piston or rod, we actually cracked the block. imo the block itself is good for right about 1000 crank hp before it's going to push the water jackets. we've done it for years. 800wheel, they will live along time, start pushing much more, and your playing with time.

as far as a not too crazy build going, the 3.8 and 20% o/d is going to be probably 14-15 psi, fuel quality is super important, it only takes one bad batch of fuel to cause detonation and hurt something.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
things can always happen when you exceed factory specs, and sometimes you can have a weaker engine.

I had an 04 cobra, that was always low on power, couldn't figure out why, til we went to do cams. one of the cam followers was laying in the top of the head. couldn't believe it never caused catastrophic failure.

we have been pushing ours pretty hard and started building an engine in march at BES.

knowing it wasn't if, but when, of course we were going after 18 psi or so.

we finally pushed passed the limits of the engine, but never did hurt a piston or rod, we actually cracked the block. imo the block itself is good for right about 1000 crank hp before it's going to push the water jackets. we've done it for years. 800wheel, they will live along time, start pushing much more, and your playing with time.

as far as a not too crazy build going, the 3.8 and 20% o/d is going to be probably 14-15 psi, fuel quality is super important, it only takes one bad batch of fuel to cause detonation and hurt something.
So with stock crank pulley and 3.6" supercharger pulley how much is that with stock headers/cats and catback exhaust? Thanks man. I think the ID1000's and JMS PowerMax should help out with fuel delivery as well.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
11-12 , it's not the fuel delivery, but the fuel quality

edit, fuel delivery is very important, but quality is "VERY IMPORTANT" at higher boost levels, 14-15 on pump is getting after it,

we have been on e85, and I've been very impressed with how stout the internals are, went through the block, before going through internals

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any way to prevent it, or if it just luck of the draw every time you fill your car up with gas?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
datalogging and always checking fuel

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I'm assuming triple wile e was pushing about 14-15 psi?. I'm pushing around 10-11 psi on my Paxton with Lund tune making 635. I believe 10-11 is pretty safe on 93 pump correct? OP, did you request to tune for that high because I don't think Lund would automatically push that much boost on stock motor unless you request it. I was always told not to go over 10-11 psi on stock motor.

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT

edit, fuel delivery is very important, but quality is "VERY IMPORTANT" at higher boost levels, 14-15 on pump is getting after it,

we have been on e85, and I've been very impressed with how stout the internals are, went through the block, before going through internals
I'm not gonna say it wasn't a fueling issue but if we had more E85 pumps here in MS I would be running it in mine. I'm going to build it back stronger and better than ever. The Paxton must have just been a factory defect it's getting sent off soon. After seeing that the vavletrain was find I suspect I have broken rings. I'll be running some torco in the tank from now on since I can't get E85.
Sponsored