Sponsored

My brand new 'stang, first in NL (pics in side)

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Congratulations! That is a beaty! :D
Please ask your dealer to call our dealers and tell them to take their heads out of their arses and look around how it's done.
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Thanks for all the congratulations, guys :cheers:

Do keep in mind that much of the fanfare was also because mine was the very first delivery in the country. That said, I did go to this dealer in the first place because I had good experiences in the past from ordering my previous two Focuses (Focii?).

Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Congrats, what a wonderful machine, and color, even if I do say so myself!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I found out that your car is actually not the first 2015 Stang that is registered in the Netherlands but the fourth. It is the first that is registered to a private person though.

The first 3 are business registrations with the very first being a grey convertible automatic, registered on August 14th. The second and third are coupes, car #2 was registered on the 24th and car #3 on the 26th. Of course one or more of these cars might actually be registered dealer demo cars and/or Ford NL company cars.

In total there are 7 registrations up until last Monday, 3 privately and 4 business owned.

All are EcoBoosts and all except for one are coupes.

Colors are: 2 red, 2 blue, 2 grey and 1 white.

The very first car has a licence plate that starts with GT. All the others start with GV.

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I found out that your car is actually not the first 2015 Stang that is registered in the Netherlands but the fourth. It is the first that is registered to a private person though.

The first 3 are business registrations with the very first being a grey convertible automatic, registered on August 14th. The second and third are coupes, car #2 was registered on the 24th and car #3 on the 26th. Of course one or more of these cars might actually be registered dealer demo cars and/or Ford NL company cars.

In total there are 7 registrations up until last Monday, 3 privately and 4 business owned.

All are EcoBoosts and all except for one are coupes.

Colors are: 2 red, 2 blue, 2 grey and 1 white.

The very first car has a licence plate that starts with GT. All the others start with GV.
I have seen the magnetic convertible at the dealership in Amsterdam, it is used by Ford NL as a press demo car. The person I met from Ford NL had brought it in for a little touch-up as some press dude had damaged one of the rims. :frusty: There were another DIB and a race red fastback (both without the custom pack) at the dealership showroom. Can't remember if they had plates.

PS: Eric, where do you get all this info :confused:

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Great car - have fun - Gefeliciteerd!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
So I spent two months in Europe this summer and as a 'Murican I can see how the S550 feels big to you. I mostly took public transit but the Citroen C2 VTR I rented for a few days is considered very tiny by American standards. Then again, everything is much farther away in the US so cars are built more for comfort and long distance driving.

As for the MT, I was really impressed with mine when I bought it. You've probably never driven the older Mustangs with cable clutches from over 10 years ago. The shifter and clutch are terrible on those. This car is great in comparison.

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
So I spent two months in Europe this summer and as a 'Murican I can see how the S550 feels big to you. I mostly took public transit but the Citroen C2 VTR I rented for a few days is considered very tiny by American standards. Then again, everything is much farther away in the US so cars are built more for comfort and long distance driving.

As for the MT, I was really impressed with mine when I bought it. You've probably never driven the older Mustangs with cable clutches from over 10 years ago. The shifter and clutch are terrible on those. This car is great in comparison.
The first thing that struck me when I arrived in L.A. in 1999, was that all cars seemed at least 35% bigger. I drove a then brand new Buick Century for about 3000 miles trough the South-West of the USA and I never thought the car was big, though it was gargantuan to European standards.

Driving in the US is completely different from driving in Europe. It's long distance, but also a lot less stressful. And I still wish they had US sized parking spaces here in Europe :(
Sponsored