Not open for further replies.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
https://www.facebook.com/Mr.SJoachim/videos/10104455307509882/

exhaust sounds pretty good to me. :shrug: IMO sounds like an american muscle car is supposed to sound.
The Camaro is not an American Muscle car, those became extinct around 1974. Hell, the Camaro wasn't even an "American" car until they moved down from Canada. Unless you mean a North American Musclecar...

A Stainless Works Cat-Back will sound better if sound is what you are after... It's lightweight too and about the same $$$.
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
The way that exhaust sounded and considering that you have the option to tame it down with a switch in the car, i don't see people spending money on after market exhaust with that unit optioned.

Mustang gt on the other hand, we had to go aftermarket, cause it was way too tamed from the factory due to euro standards. In the future i can see Ford going the same route and putting an active exhaust on all performance pack equipped models, even the gt350/gt500

Competition is awesome, and it all favors us the consumers but with the sacrifice of some green benjamins. [emoji106]
Alot of C7s with NPP upgraded.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Alot of C7s with NPP upgraded.
If the Mustang wasn't priority, I'd be driving a C7... I just really, really need the seats for the boys. I take the kids out every Sunday for some local cruising and they love it. I can't fit all of them into a C7...

...and I'm not sure you know how Mrs. Pill is. She didn't like the C7...

She returned the '83 911 I bought her because she said it looked like a Beetle :(

Do you know how long it took for me to find a Black 911 that was built on her birth year? Yes, she dictates not only the car itself but even the color now... which I don't really mind since we have the same taste.

SidewaysPete

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, 2014 5.0
wow, mr. pill, i am surprised to hear you're a fan of the c7. i figured you hated everything chevrolet.

Last edited:

Toddin Vancouver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1
The NPP exaust is a pretty nice option and I for one felt is was well worth the price. Just have a listen to how nice the sound is with the addition of a cam to the LS. The FPC GT also a pretty sweet noise at the higher RPMs In stock format the NPP is wide open at idle and then coverts to full muffler from just off idle to 3500RPM and anove 3500 it's wide open again. Sound is personal thing so there is no right or wrong but at least GM isn't running a recording through the interior speakers to sound like a performance car. In my opinion early Dodge 340 is one of the best sounding engines ever built, but that's just my opinion. If you have never heard one just go find a clip and enjoy.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
LT4 Camaro, a 1.7 liter Eaton and poor cooling :(

I think I mentioned this a while ago but I need to talk about it again... as in right now at 4am...

Apprarently the big deal here is the Z06 and CTS-V. The Z06 was kinda designed for forced induction yet it still struggles with cooling...

First, I guess the radiator in the Z06 is angled into a very functional heat extracting hood. The CTS-V is similar to the Camaro somewhat in set up but ultimately has a far superior airflow potential. The big deal is, the Z06's larger, angled radiator with an auxiliary heat exchanger works with the extractor to help the dual Intercoolers keep a 1.7 liter SC cool.

First off, where does the Z06 put the AC condensor? Second, the CTS-V has 5 coolers mounted on the bottom of the car. Is the CTS-V's auxiliary heat exchanger mounted there vs. in front of the radiator?

The LT4 Camaro will likely need an auxiliary heat exchanger to help with the dual Intercoolers. First issue is, where do they put the cooler? Next, will the vehicle require an AC delete? Another issue is, will there be enough airflow to keep the radiator cool if the exchanger or condensor remains in front of the 3 rad system...

Another concern now is breaking the $59,995 mark. It would benefit them greatly if they could get this under $60,000. I have serious doubts now... Edit: To be more specific, I have doubts that they can beat the GT350R's MSRP.

It will be over 4000lbs... Edit: As soon as they man up and release estimates, I will lay down the drivetrain, suspension and brake weight gains. You can't be sure how much weight loss is in the budget. The LT4 adds a decent premium on top of the SS as well as another 100lbs. They could push for z28 weight loss techniques but risk the MSRP again. I can't even imagine what the interior will consist of.

Anyway, they have the weights now... First car is driving around... The longer they avoid the situation the more likely it is to be higher than expected.

I'm saying 3803lbs EXACTLY for the 1SS... About 250lbs over that for the LT4.

Last edited:

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
The guys head can't fit out the window???
I saw that, freakin' hilarious. Looks like he's sitting in a bunker staring out a gun slit. Good luck getting out the window of one of those in a wreck. They'll have to use the jaws of life in any accident that jams the doors.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Where you see that?
One of the "Where's the weight" threads...

In short, nobody promised anyone anything... I thought when they specifically said 200-300lbs lighter they were kinda making a promise... or at least everyone took it that way.

I'm actually shocked some are pointing the finger at Chevy and Al O. I was sure this would turn into an attack on my personal life.

Last edited:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
One of the "Where's the weight" threads...

In short, nobody promised anyone anything... I thought when they specifically said 200-300lbs lighter they were kinda making a promise... or at least everyone took it that way.

I'm actually shocked some are pointing the figure at Chevy and Al O. I was sure this would turn into an attack on my personal life.
I love it when people attack my personal life. Happens all the time on Yellow Bullet. Don't sweat it!

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
LT4 Camaro, a 1.7 liter Eaton and poor cooling :(

I think I mentioned this a while ago but I need to talk about it again... as in right now at 4am...

Apprarently the big deal here is the Z06 and CTS-V. The Z06 was kinda designed for forced induction yet it still struggles with cooling...

First, I guess the radiator in the Z06 is angled into a very functional heat extracting hood. The CTS-V is similar to the Camaro somewhat in set up but ultimately has a far superior airflow potential. The big deal is, the Z06's larger, angled radiator with an auxiliary heat exchanger works with the extractor to help the dual Intercoolers keep a 1.7 liter SC cool.

First off, where does the Z06 put the AC condensor? Second, the CTS-V has 5 coolers mounted on the bottom of the car. Is the CTS-V's auxiliary heat exchanger mounted there vs. in front of the radiator?

The LT4 Camaro will likely need an auxiliary heat exchanger to help with the dual Intercoolers. First issue is, where do they put the cooler? Next, will the vehicle require an AC delete? Another issue is, will there be enough airflow to keep the radiator cool if the exchanger or condensor remains in front of the 3 rad system...

Another concern now is breaking the $59,995 mark. It would benefit them greatly if they could get this under $60,000. I have serious doubts now... Edit: To be more specific, I have doubts that they can beat the GT350R's MSRP.

It will be over 4000lbs... Edit: As soon as they man up and release estimates, I will lay down the drivetrain, suspension and brake weight gains. You can't be sure how much weight loss is in the budget. The LT4 adds a decent premium on top of the SS as well as another 100lbs. They could push for z28 weight loss techniques but risk the MSRP again. I can't even imagine what the interior will consist of.

Anyway, they have the weights now... First car is driving around... The longer they avoid the situation the more likely it is to be higher than expected.

I'm saying 3803lbs EXACTLY for the 1SS... About 250lbs over that for the LT4.
The larger the cylinder block....the harder it is to cool and keep cool. Learned this when I switched from small blocks to big blocks.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
I love it when people attack my personal life. Happens all the time on Yellow Bullet. Don't sweat it!
Think skin is required there, especially if you're a Ford guy. I love when those clowns gang up on me LOLOL

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'm just going to post this up again from the GM media site and the recent information release just so no one can try to weasel their way out of what was said.

In their quest to make the 2016 Camaro as lean as possible, engineers and designers evaluated every aspect of its architecture – already the most mass-efficient ever created by GM – and supporting elements, saving grams here and pounds there that contributes to the car’s lower curb weight. As a result, the total curb weight for Camaro has been reduced by more than 200 pounds (90 kg).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.