Things With Wheels
I was talking the Mustang. Sorry you misunderstood. :doh: :doh:
Sponsored

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Not a Camaro fan, but I saw the video last night and the exhaust sounds amaaaaaazing! Wayyyyyy better than the Mustang gt stock exhaust....

tooslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback, 2012 Jeep GC
It lost the hatch back in 2002.:headbonk:
GM still allows you to take advantage of the after market also this is just another option. And even a aftermarket exhaust will cost money so your post makes no sense.

It's an OPTION not standard. Some of you guys are so Ford dense that you will talk without thinking just so you can attempt a jab a Chevy.:doh:
I get that. Obviously, the point I was trying to make did not come across correctly. Yes, active exhaust is an option on the SS, and option you must pay for, but the sound you get for that price is the sound GM gives you. If, like me, you like the active exhaust feature but hate the tone, you'll have to spend even more money in the aftermarket to get the sound you want.

With the Mustang, you can simply determine the sound you want and buy from the aftermarket to get it.

I still think the SS on the video sounds like poop.:eek:. Oh noes, someone on a Mustang board taking a shot at the Camaro. Shocking!

That is a horrible angle for that car...
is there an angle on that car that is NOT horrible?

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
What? Sounds horrible? It sounds pretty damn good. I'm always up for putting down chevy, but that sounded pretty nice.

Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
That sounds like ass. Anyone that says otherwise is delusional. It sounds as bad as the corsa exhaust.
Finally, someone else who thinks Corsa sounds like a dyspeptic donkey under load and a 5hp Evinrude outboard barely running at the dock when at idle.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just to add if you are getting NPP or also known as active exhaust.

For the C7 for the Borla ATAK they run about $2200. The companies have to design the exhaust specifically to retain NPP and the R&D ain't cheap. Sooo if you get NPP, want to upgrade and keep the active exhaust it's going to be a pretty penny.

Yes you can get cheaper exhausts but those will delete the feature unless they are designed to keep it

Oh and that's just an axelback...(valve back in the Corvette world)

http://marylandspeed.com/borla-atak...ette-c7-stingray-62l-lt1-v8-11856-p-5676.html

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Just to add if you are getting NPP or also known as active exhaust.

For the C7 for the Borla ATAK they run about $2200. The companies have to design the exhaust specifically to retain NPP and the R&D ain't cheap. Sooo if you get NPP, want to upgrade and keep the active exhaust it's going to be a pretty penny.

Yes you can get cheaper exhausts but those will delete the feature unless they are designed to keep it

Oh and that's just an axelback...(valve back in the Corvette world)

http://marylandspeed.com/borla-atak...ette-c7-stingray-62l-lt1-v8-11856-p-5676.html
The way that exhaust sounded and considering that you have the option to tame it down with a switch in the car, i don't see people spending money on after market exhaust with that unit optioned.

Mustang gt on the other hand, we had to go aftermarket, cause it was way too tamed from the factory due to euro standards. In the future i can see Ford going the same route and putting an active exhaust on all performance pack equipped models, even the gt350/gt500

Competition is awesome, and it all favors us the consumers but with the sacrifice of some green benjamins. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Pretty sure the GT350 already has active exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Finally, someone else who thinks Corsa sounds like a dyspeptic donkey under load and a 5hp Evinrude outboard barely running at the dock when at idle.
My 2013 Mustang GT had Corsa cat back on it when I bought it last year. I got the price dropped on the car because of it. Sold the Corsa cat back for $400 & got new take off 2013 manual GT mufflers for $75. Double win for me.

As far as the 2016 SS sound clips so far I like what I've heard but I'll wait on judgment until I hear one in the wild.

If everybody only liked the same look/sound it would be a boring world.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The guys head can't fit out the window??? :lol:

The exhaust sounds like a Cat-Back upgrade, the exhaust is definitely the best part of the 2016 Camaro. Not crazy about the $900 fee... I'm sure you can get a good AM Cat-Back for about the same price, maybe cheaper... AM Cat-backs are probably lighter too...

It drives me crazy that the 2016 Camaro looks like a 2015 Camaro... I guess sales and new customers were not priority this generation.

Edit: you can get a Cat-Back exhaust from Borla, Corsa and a few others for under $800. I'd probably go AM if sound was a major priority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.