Sponsored

New Product Release aFe CONTROL Sway Bar Set For The 2015 Ford Mustang (S550)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L

aFe POWER has long been known for performance upgrades, and our sister company aFe CONTROL handles the suspension side. For the S550 Mustang we’ve been hard at work on a variety of suspension upgrades including coilovers, spring kits, and we are really happy to introduce the aFe CONTROL Sway Bar Set.
This fully adjustable front and rear sway bar set is perfect for the street and at home at the track, where extensive testing has confirmed the bars abilities to reduce body roll, keep flatter turns, and with the adjustability in both front and rear sway bars make adjustments to under/oversteer.

Quick Key Data Points:
• CNC Bent Tubular Alloy Steel, adds increased strength over the OEM bars.
• 35mm 2 way adjustable in the front, and 32mm 3 way adjustable in the rear.
• CNC Machined and TIG welded ends offer superior strength.
• Polyurethane bushings with CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum brackets for reduced deflection.
• 2 stage Tangerine Orange powdercoated finish increases long lasting durable finish.
• Direct bolt-on installation, fits I4, V6, and V8 S550 Mustang models with no modifications.
• Engineered and Crafted at our facility in Corona, CA.

In the pursuit of balance, handling and reduced body roll, we also kept in mind that not all drivers are equal. The front bar features 2-way adjustability, and 3-way for the rear sway bar. We designed our bars of lightweight tubular steel, with polyurethane bushings and billet aluminum CNC machined brackets to further assist in reducing deflection.

aFe CONTROL Sway Bar ends come CNC machined, along with being TIG welded to produce a strong consistent flange. Our ends offer improved strength over other sway bars that have the “squished” ends, which can lead to potential failure under hard loads. To maintain durability for many years, we incorporated a Two Stage Tangerine Orange Powdercoating as part of the attention to detail. If you want your S550 Mustang to hug corners, you just found the solution.

Visit us at http://afepower.com/shop/application_searchnew.php?searchtype=combo&keyword=mustang&brandID=142 to pre-order or PM me for more questions and pricing.

We didn't leave the Ecoboost and V6 guys out, we have a package for you as well. Check out our stage one package on our blog as well.

http://afepower.com/blog/new-product-release-afe-control-series-stage-1-suspension-package-for-2015-ford-mustang-i4v6/
Sponsored

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Now shipping guys and gals! These will fit the Ecoboost, V6, and GT models!

PM me if you are interested :headbang:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How much stiffer are these than the stock PP bars?

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
How much stiffer are these than the stock PP bars?
Compared to the front stock PP Mustang sway bar,

Soft setting- 22%

Stiff setting- 37%

Compared to the rear stock PP Mustang sway bar,

Soft setting- 260%

Medium setting- 310%

Stiff setting- 337%

Last edited:

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Those are quoted improvements over which bars? The stock bars or the performance pack bars? How do you measure/calculate the increases?

Sponsored

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Those are quoted improvements over which bars? The stock bars or the performance pack bars? How do you measure/calculate the increases?
Sorry over the stock PP Mustang.

tweekdout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6m
Wow - those rear rates are a few orders of magnitude greater than front. AFE - I saw the product description on your site mentions these bars as a balanced set - does Ford wus out on the rear bars that much for safety reasons (power break-always with less emphasis on the electronic nannies)?

Also - did you design these bars with setups for both your springs and coilovers as options (with settings to control the performance envelopes respectively?)

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Wow - those rear rates are a few orders of magnitude greater than front. AFE - I saw the product description on your site mentions these bars as a balanced set - does Ford wus out on the rear bars that much for safety reasons (power break-always with less emphasis on the electronic nannies)?

Also - did you design these bars with setups for both your springs and coilovers as options (with settings to control the performance envelopes respectively?)
Hi tweekdout thank you for looking :)

But to answer your question, yes manufacturers always build a car with a push or "understeer" in their vehicles. This is just done for safety reasons as you said, and why all cars now a days need electronic controls to prevent the driver from wrecking as easily.

Even the camaro Z28 being a well designed street/track car is still relatively soft and has some understeer built in to it.

We have tuned these sway bars to work in conjunction with both our coilovers and our lowering springs. Their the right amount of bar to keep the car flatter, while offering the right amount of adjustment for those who prefer their vehicle to drive a certain way.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
What is the tubing wall thickness for yours and for the oem GT PP bars?

Thanks!

theman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LongBed Tundra & M3 Convertible
These are some nice looking products... quite the massive rear bar!

some questions come to mind on the coil-overs though, and I don't see another thread yet for them so I'll ask the aFe folks here...
Besides some weight savings, what was the purpose of moving the spring to the shock?
Not to second guess your engineers on this $3k suspension, but I would be more inclined to keep the car's weight better distributed across the stock spring location, as does most BMW, Infiniti, Mercedes, etc., etc... as the top small 2-bolt mount of the mustang shock does not seem the most inherent place to now put all that load once spread across a much larger and inboard spring seat located.
The Mustang top shock mount is not the typical 3-bolt wide top plate you'd see on many GT class performance cars with coil-over strut from the factory(supras and SCs had a nice setup that way)...so it doesn't make sense to now stress a part of the car not built around the amount of new load it would see.

Sponsored
OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
What is the tubing wall thickness for yours and for the oem GT PP bars?

Thanks!
Sure here is the wall thickness for our sway bars

AFE Control

.1875" (fronts)

.125" (rears)

OEM

.1875" (fronts)

.15625" (rears)

These are some nice looking products... quite the massive rear bar!

some questions come to mind on the coil-overs though, and I don't see another thread yet for them so I'll ask the aFe folks here...
Besides some weight savings, what was the purpose of moving the spring to the shock?
Not to second guess your engineers on this $3k suspension, but I would be more inclined to keep the car's weight better distributed across the stock spring location, as does most BMW, Infiniti, Mercedes, etc., etc... as the top small 2-bolt mount of the mustang shock does not seem the most inherent place to now put all that load once spread across a much larger and inboard spring seat located.
The Mustang top shock mount is not the typical 3-bolt wide top plate you'd see on many GT class performance cars with coil-over strut from the factory(supras and SCs had a nice setup that way)...so it doesn't make sense to now stress a part of the car not built around the amount of new load it would see.
Thank you, I have already answered your question on this thread :)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29813&page=5

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Sure here is the wall thickness for our sway bars

AFE Control

.1875" (fronts)

.125" (rears)

OEM

.1875" (fronts)

.15625" (rears)
Thanks!

FYI Your actual wall thickness for the rear PP bar matches my educated estimate based on the approximate weight of the bar vs. standard tubing weights per foot.

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
Thanks!

FYI Your actual wall thickness for the rear PP bar matches my educated estimate based on the approximate weight of the bar vs. standard tubing weights per foot.
Your welcome :)

That is one heck of a educated guess :hail:

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
PM me for any questions, these will fit the Ecoboost and 3.7 V6 mustangs as well.

OP
OP
aFe POWER

aFe POWER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.afepower.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0L
We have them in stock, PM me for any questions on pricing or product you may have :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.