Sponsored

My compilation of notes for deeper exhausts, please help complete so I can pick one!

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
So hopefully this can be my last thread. If I go AB I'm going roush, but since this is my first car and i'll probably be keeping it, I wouldn't mind going a full catback as people have suggested.

Looking for in a catback (0 being stock 10 being loudest setup possible)

• cruising: 2-3 (always want to know it's there)
  • drone: 0-2 (same as above, I wouldn't mind knowing it's there if there's minimal drone, but gf does not like it super loud inside)
  • WOT: 5-6
  • idle: 2-3
  • deeper sounds
I've been gathering notes from every thread and sound clip and these seem to be the most popular exhausts for what I want. Not all of them have full reviews from CJpony like a lot of the more popular ones have. If you guys could help me fill them in or correct anything you disagree with, that'd be great!

MBRP Street Catback

• Little to no drone
  • gets decently loud
  • sounds a bit higher pitched than the other deeper exhausts
  • deep at cruising, raspier when you're on it
MF Competition Catback

• Deep
  • Good idle
  • Not as loud as most of the other deeper ones
  • Quite a bit of drone
MRT Catback

• middle volume
  • very little drone
SW

• good aggressive sound
  • a bit of drone
ARH

• great reviews
  • no drone, good idle sound
  • quite a bit more expensive
Borla-s type

• no drone
  • decently loud
  • louder than ARH
Can someone please identify the exact model of the SW exhaust that's the more popular one? When I look ofr SW exhaust, all I see is one with a y pipe, and an h pipe from a stainless works 3 in retro chamber. Do they have a regular one i'm not seeing or is that it.

I need an exhaust badly, please help!
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Why no love for the MF Street?
I've had mine on for two weeks now and about 500 miles. After a week and about a dozen heat cycles I had to jack it back up and make adjustments. But it's been good since. This may sound weird but, it sounds quieter after 400 miles. It had a "drone spot" during acceleration when new but seems to have mellowed out now.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
bump :/

spitfirered1976

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Sliver
I have MF Comp cat back and I do not notice it droning. It sound great and it is very loud. At my work some of the customers have complained about it being to loud. They can go and piss off.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
borla

So hopefully this can be my last thread. If I go AB I'm going roush, but since this is my first car and i'll probably be keeping it, I wouldn't mind going a full catback as people have suggested.

Looking for in a catback (0 being stock 10 being loudest setup possible)

• cruising: 2-3 (always want to know it's there)
  • drone: 0-2 (same as above, I wouldn't mind knowing it's there if there's minimal drone, but gf does not like it super loud inside)
  • WOT: 5-6
  • idle: 2-3
  • deeper sounds
I've been gathering notes from every thread and sound clip and these seem to be the most popular exhausts for what I want. Not all of them have full reviews from CJpony like a lot of the more popular ones have. If you guys could help me fill them in or correct anything you disagree with, that'd be great!

MBRP Street Catback

• Little to no drone
  • gets decently loud
  • sounds a bit higher pitched than the other deeper exhausts
  • deep at cruising, raspier when you're on it
MF Competition Catback

• Deep
  • Good idle
  • Not as loud as most of the other deeper ones
  • Quite a bit of drone
MRT Catback

• middle volume
  • very little drone
SW

• good aggressive sound
  • a bit of drone
ARH

• great reviews
  • no drone, good idle sound
  • quite a bit more expensive
Borla-s type

• no drone
  • decently loud
  • louder than ARH
Can someone please identify the exact model of the SW exhaust that's the more popular one? When I look ofr SW exhaust, all I see is one with a y pipe, and an h pipe from a stainless works 3 in retro chamber. Do they have a regular one i'm not seeing or is that it.

I need an exhaust badly, please help!
it looks like its borla by you're review. thats what I'm getting. borla touring FRP. good choice.
Sponsored