Sponsored

Recaros to Premium heat/ac seat swap??

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I guess I suck at using the search feature because I am sure this has been discussed but....

I am looking at getting my wife a GT with PP in Magnetic which is hard to find around me. really love the car and the price is great but it has the leather recaros.

how hard would it be or is it even possible :shrug:to give her my premium heated/ac seats and take her recaros? Could they take out the controls in mine and put them in hers? She loves the car just not crazy about the recaros and I would prefer them in mine as I dont care so much about the heated and AC seats.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i'm sure it can be done but you're gonna have to take dash apart and find a way to run all the wires to add heat and cooled to hers. seems like a real pita. there's plenty of magnetic gt pp with non recaros out there. you just might have to travel to get to it.

OP
OP
Tele5.0

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Thats kind of what I am gathering. I will keep looking. Thanks Khyber!!

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Why don't you take the car with Recaros for yourself and give your wife your current ride?

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
someone did this swap in houston...will try to find more info for you

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think if you have a premium gt the wiring will be there. I doubt they left the wiring out based on seat choice as the interior is done/changed to spec after wiring is in. But if it's a base GT with cloth Recaros the wiring likely isn't there to begin with as no base GT has heated/cooled.

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
I swapped my Premium GT Leather Seats for Leather Recaros out of a Premium GT and their was no wiring for Heated/Cooled Seats in the Recaro Mustang. I just left my connection unplugged and he didn't care to have Cooled/Heated seats anyway. Power seats worked fine for him. He said it didn't work when he tried swapping with someone who had Memory Seats though. So be careful with that.

I'm guessing it could be possible to take wiring out of one mustang and install into other. Not sure if the harness is the same and if their is even a connection for it.

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
I guess I suck at using the search feature because I am sure this has been discussed but....

I am looking at getting my wife a GT with PP in Magnetic which is hard to find around me. really love the car and the price is great but it has the leather recaros.

how hard would it be or is it even possible :shrug:to give her my premium heated/ac seats and take her recaros? Could they take out the controls in mine and put them in hers? She loves the car just not crazy about the recaros and I would prefer them in mine as I dont care so much about the heated and AC seats.
Autonation ford in Katy (Houston) had a magnetic 400A PP with leather, Nav, and security package for $1k Under invoice when I bought my car last month. I was inbetween the magnetic and my ruby red. Just an FYI though, I'm sure 4.5 hours of driving is a heck of a lot easier than figuring that wiring/transformation out.
Sponsored