Sponsored

Am I Fine?

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
My cousin and I were driving my new Gt around and we got into doing 0to60 runs. He accidentally touched a paddle once and it was on redline for about 3 seconds then we slowed it back down.
I have 267 miles. I didn't WOT until 100 and I have been varying my RPMS till 1k just how I am supposed to for break in.
This is my first car to break in. Am fine right? :headbonk:
Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Break in period means hit it hard and see if anything breaks..if it breaks Ford fixes it. Straight out the box...go rip it up

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
time to sell it!

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Yeah, not sure doing 0-60 during the break-in period, with 267 miles on, is truly recommended, or "Ford approved" lol :doh:

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was tuned at 260 miles and doing WOT a mile later and now at 11,000 no issues at all...its got a warranty for a reason. If you think everyone that buys a new car babies it, you are incorrect. We only discuss this because we are car people. You will be fine OP, just keep on driving the way you want

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i was tuned at 260 miles and doing WOT a mile later and now at 11,000 no issues at all...its got a warranty for a reason. If you think everyone that buys a new car babies it, you are incorrect. We only discuss this because we are car people. You will be fine OP, just keep on driving the way you want
Yeah, you're definitely not the kind of guy I'd be looking forward to buying a used car from, that's for sure... But your car your MO :headbang:

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, you're definitely not the kind of guy I'd be looking forward to buying a used car from, that's for sure... But your car your MO :headbang:
See thats the thing...you can baby your car the whole time and I can beat on mine and use it to its full potential from day 1...when we both go to sell..nobody will be able to tell the difference.

Its like when someone sell a car part..."Barely used turbo only 2,000 miles" People get all excited for a cheap turbo low miles...except that turbo has no clock on it telling the amount of miles on it.

Again, like you said, my car my money...but to be honest if the car breaks Ford should fix it and they will. Cars will break even if you follow the break in procedure to the T as well...its the luck of the draw when buying any car :cheers:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
No when you sell the car the one that's been ridden hard for the first thousand miles will be a factory freak and destroy the other cars that were babied during break in. I took two gears to redline a mile away from the dealership parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars will break even if you follow the break in procedure to the T as well...its the luck of the draw when buying any car :cheers:
yes, exactly... But I just try and do my best to not help trouble happening ;)

Eadracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Oxford white GT
No when you sell the car the one that's been ridden hard for the first thousand miles will be a factory freak and destroy the other cars that were babied during break in. I took two gears to redline a mile away from the dealership parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol you and had the same idea leaving the dealership. Before I hit the main road I had already used the line lock and tried launch control! Lol

On....... You're fine! I don't think you have anything to worry about.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when i sell mine im saying "gently used 2015 GT. car was babied and daily driven. i only redlined it once per day." haha. OP you are fine. you have AT correct? i dont think the computer would let you "money" shift it and blow trans or engine.
ive misshifted from 4th back into 3rd a time or two. i was going for 5th....so yeah. Mine is still going on like a champ.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport

haha the answer lies here

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This thread serious ? Lol
Sponsored