Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
So guys... I got the intake... It just doesn't fit. I can't get the hood to shut. I have tried everything, followed directions, even tried to trim the coupler to the throttle body. The intake was just touching the shroud. When I tried to shut it I got a fair amount of resistance and was to scared to press any harder. PMAS I need any tips, or else I need to return. Any tips guys?
Dang Roman, sorry to hear that... after all this wait!
I spoke with him earlier. It is a tight fit but as long as you make sure the tube is laying on the shroud pretty much you'll be good. I just did a short drop and it closed fine. He was a little nervous but I'm sure with my advice he will be fine on the reinstall.
Sponsored

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Will try again tomorrow after work... Good thing is it fired right up, IATs were good and AFRs were good. Then I tried closing the hood... No matter what you do, the hood liner will apply pressure on the intake and there will be a significant amount of resistance. I tied adjusting it several times and I was never comfortable applying any more pressure on the hood.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Will try again tomorrow after work... Good thing is it fired right up, IATs were good and AFRs were good. Then I tried closing the hood... No matter what you do, the hood liner will apply pressure on the intake and there will be a significant amount of resistance. I tied adjusting it several times and I was never comfortable applying any more pressure on the hood.
You need to make sure the transition hose is fully angled on the tube. it needs to be slid on as far as it will go on the bottom. the top section of the hose edge will line up with the ledge on the plastic tube. When you push the tube on to the throttle body make sure it is pressed all the way on the throttle body. then while pushing the elbow forward and down onto the fan shroud, tighten the TB clamp.
20150722_125902.jpg
20150722_125831.jpg
20150722_125821.jpg

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
So no where in the directions did it state that the coupler needed to be installed at an angle on the intake tube. That led me to believe that the couple was not cut to the proper size so though my thought process I trimmed it. What are the two sizes on the coupler just in case I trimmed to much?

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
So no where in the directions did it state that the coupler needed to be installed at an angle on the intake tube. That led me to believe that the couple was not cut to the proper size so though my thought process I trimmed it. What are the two sizes on the coupler just in case I trimmed to much?
The coupler comes pre installed and clamped tight on the tube for that reason. We will add the note in the instructions though, thank you.

I'm not sure what dimension you're talking about?

Sponsored

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The transition hose size?It seems like the intake side is larger then the TB side or is just stretched out? Just in case I need to go buy another coupler. I removed the coupler to smoothen out the cut on the throttle body side. it was crooked jagged and not strait. little did I know...

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
The transition hose size?It seems like the intake side is larger then the TB side or is just stretched out? Just in case I need to go buy another coupler. I removed the coupler to smoothen out the cut on the throttle body side. it was crooked jagged and not strait. little did I know...
Oh, yes, one side is 4" and one side is 3.5" We can send another coupler if you want. It might be faster to find one locally though.

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Install was a success. I was able to reuse the trimmed coupler and the car started and idled with proper IATs... Only thing I am concerned about is the bottom vaccum line FITTING is slightly loose. Is that a huge deal PMAS? SHOULD I pull it off and put some. Thread tape on it?

Sponsored
OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Install was a success. I was able to reuse the trimmed coupler and the car started and idled with proper IATs... Only thing I am concerned about is the bottom vaccum line FITTING is slightly loose. Is that a huge deal PMAS? SHOULD I pull it off and put some. Thread tape on it?

Thread tape. it is hard to have a threaded fitting end up pointing in the correct direction and be tight at the same time.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Once it's connected it's not going to untwist mine was like that day 1 and it's still connected. [emoji106]

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ever get any pics Roman?

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Add another one to the successfull install list! Today was like christmas in july

I installed it super quick! No issues. Ive got a few pics if anyone is interested
Sponsored