Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2015 Nissan 370Z NISMO

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good article.

http://www.autoguide.com/car-comparisons/2015-ford-mustang-gt-vs-2015-nissan-370z-nismo

I Like these quotes:

GT versions of this car are powered by a muscular and technologically advanced engine. Even after several years of availability the blue oval’s 5.0-liter V8 is still a masterpiece. Fill the tank with 93-octane gasoline and you’re rewarded with 435 storming horses and an even 400 lb-ft of torque. Mat the accelerator and she pulls like a jet, providing torrents of silky thrust and a reedy-sounding intake rumble that’s as addictive as a bucket of popcorn chicken. Keep some napkins in the glove box; you’re going to need them.
Despite “only” having a V6 the Nissan is seriously fast. Its hopped-up VQ engine pulls brilliantly at high RPM and makes appealing sounds; the thrust it provides is real and addictive. However, accompanying all of that goodness is vibration, and lots of it. When driven in anger the powerplant shakes like a rock crusher, the shifter responding with a chorus of tingles. This lack of refinement is disappointing and a little annoying.
Ford’s reborn five-point-oh-my-God trounces Nissan’s powerplant in many ways, generating extra torque, more horses and better noise all without vibrating like a wand massager.
But in spite of their on-paper similarities these two cars do have a number of differences. The Ford is larger, more refined and somewhat isolated. Nissan’s offering is lighter and more playful but cruder feeling. While well endowed, the 370Z’s engine is coarser than a bucket of spent shell casings. In comparison the Mustang’s brawny V8 is silky and sonorous.
Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
They take them to the track but no lap times?? :shrug:

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had the same thought. No track times.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I test drove the 370Z, it was ok but I wasn't overly impressed. Rear visibility isn't very good compared to the Mustang. No back seat at all for the dog and barely any trunk was also a negative since we use our car for long road trips.

The 370Z was also not very stable at high speeds. I shut it down at 120 because the car was getting unstable, the Mustang at that speed is smooth and stable and want to just keep going.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Test drove a '13 370 before buying a '13 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Track. It felt good, handled well, but was noisy as hell inside. The rear tire noise was annoying. They also have a reputation for bad wear of the rear tires, and not in the burning the rubber kind of way. Didn't really feel any faster then the GenCoupe, and is nowhere near the GT.

Considering a sport suspension version with limited slip and wheels costs more then a GTPP, I can't really see the competition.

Sponsored

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Rolled up on a 370Z today (an automatic). He looks over, I look over, light turns green and he's off. At the next stop light he rolls down his window and says, "I thought you were gonna run". I replied, "Elephants don't swat flies".

eca77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Qashqai (Bone stock with child seats)
Rolled up on a 370Z today (an automatic). He looks over, I look over, light turns green and he's off. At the next stop light he rolls down his window and says, "I thought you were gonna run". I replied, "Elephants don't swat flies".
:lol: :cheers:

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package

Even though its not a competition between the two cars, that right there is why a lot of people hate mustang owners, just saying.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I will rephrase it in simpler english:
People don't like it when you call them flies and insult their car.
I know exactly what you meant and said. I posted what I posted because, I had that same face reading what you wrote.

I didn't know a lot of people hated Mustang owners. News to me as I have owned Mustangs for 23 years.

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
I didn't know a lot of people hated Mustang owners.

haha I had to.

But seriously, you've never heard people say things like "Gay, Slow, Can't handle for shit, Idiots who should of bought a real car", "he is probably going to burn out and crash like all the other mustang owners", etc.

I have heard a ton of people bash on the mustang and it's owners. In fact I would probably say its right up there with honda owners (In terms of being bashed the most).

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Mustang hate is real and prevalent. Too bad most people that hate on Mustangs drive slower cars. Hard to hear their snide remarks when I've got 5 cars on them in a race.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars

haha I had to.

But seriously, you've never heard people say things like "Gay, Slow, Can't handle for shit, Idiots who should of bought a real car", "he is probably going to burn out and crash like all the other mustang owners", etc.

I have heard a ton of people bash on the mustang and it's owners. In fact I would probably say its right up there with honda owners (In terms of being bashed the most).

I think the order of bashing goes like this

1 Italian exotics small pricks
2 porsche pricks stuck up arrogant rich dude
3 bmw pricks wants to be stuck up arrogant rich dude
4 corvette - mullets with handicap stickers
5 camaro - mullets without handicap stickers
6 honda - fart can ricer
7 other asian
8 mustangs - ???
9 and so on

And if you select different group of car guys the list goes in some other order

So rather pointless on mustang forum to say and that is why mustang drivers are hated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
why do they still make the 370z? nissan needs a new sports car.
Sponsored