Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
  • Banned
You're missing out. 15-30 Minutes max and you can do it in your garage. It uses 2 gallons of water for every 1oz of formula. I just washed two cars with it within half hour.

Do yourself a favor and grab the following 3 items and have at it. You'll never wash your car any other way again.

ONR Wax Wash and Wax
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG9FBKS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wash Mitt
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TTL0TE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wipe Down Towels
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXRG64I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Optional: Grit Guard for your Wash Bucket
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N3W8J0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I may bump this thread daily as a PSA to our mustang brethren. I tried this yesterday. Made the QD formula as a pre soak then put 1oz into two gallons of water and followed the guide to a T while near mental breakdown the whole time because of my inability to change the traditional thoughts on washing.

All I can say is that I like it so much I seriously debated drinking it or pouring it all over myself.

I'd go on for hours. It's a shame that people like me have known about this for so long and it's still not the new gold standard.

Never going back

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
I recently had Ceramic Pro applied to my vehicle and the detailer recommended washing exclusively with Optimum No Rinse. The curing period for the coating should be over next week and I'll finally have a chance to test it out and post my thoughts.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Have to disagree here. Even detailers who heavily promote "waterless" washes like Gary Dean say that washing your car with soap & water is MUCH better, and that any waterless wash will at least micro scratch the paint if that is the only way you clean it. It is ALWAYS best to use traditional soap and water if you can. This type of product is for people who don't have access to water, not as a substitute to washing your car.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I don't see how this can NOT scratch your paint. Ugh. Never.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I've always heard no rinse product should not substitute good ole car wash by hand, soap, and water. That it should only be used when the car isn't very dirty and is just slightly dirtier where you shouldn't be using a detail spray.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've always heard no rinse product should not substitute good ole car wash by hand, soap, and water. That it should only be used when the car isn't very dirty and is just slightly dirtier where you shouldn't be using a detail spray.
Precisely. Not a substitute for a car wash. Otherwise you will be polishing your car once a year easily.

OP
OP
BBB

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
  • Banned
If you do a google search you will see that ONR will not scratch your car if used with appropriate wash mit and towels. It just works. Shit is like magic.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
more power to ya! i don't think i could just do that .

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Have to disagree here. Even detailers who heavily promote "waterless" washes like Gary Dean say that washing your car with soap & water is MUCH better, and that any waterless wash will at least micro scratch the paint if that is the only way you clean it. It is ALWAYS best to use traditional soap and water if you can. This type of product is for people who don't have access to water, not as a substitute to washing your car.

What an opinionated post disguised as credible fact that will misinform people browsing this thread.

We are giving our opinion about a specific product made by a specific manufacturer and posted our "reviews" which are clearly opinions. We are not endorsing a general product type or method. My gold standard reference has context, it's the new regular wash product for me.

Your reference is to "waterless" products, which ONR is NOT. It's a rinse-less product that actually requires mostly water to be effective (1/128th ONR, the rest water). I also suggest a pre soak with their "QD" strength to loosen the dirt. It's the equivalent of washing with soap and water but you substitute a synthetic polymer blend instead of a detergent (which detergents always remove wax or sealants to some degree depending on its strength). The magic of ONR is that the polymers bind with the dirt particles and "suspend" them in a protective layer on the paint. No matter what you wash your car with you will create some sort of micro scratches in its top coat. The allure of ONR is that it is as effective as soap and water (and claims to be superior) with much less effort required and can be done anywhere you can find a bucket or clean container of some sort and a couple gallons of water. That alone makes it awesome for me, I cleaned my car in 15 mins in a parking lot near a car show tonight, grabbed a couple gallons of water at a convenience store for a grand total of $1.90 and about .50 worth of Optimum NR. Only other option was an automatic [emoji37].

Also - I think you would be very hard pressed to find enough documented opinions of pro detailers who claim ONR is not as good as detergent and water to arrive at a conclusion that it's an official opinion of an entire industry that likely has tens if not hundreds of thousands of "pros".

If you are going to post something like this that only serves to continue to scare people away from trying something new, at least come to the table by doing your research, making an apples to apples comparison and back it up with some sort of fact, test, study etc...

I hope anyone that stumbles on this thread will see that the OP's opinion and my opinion are shared by a lot of others and there really is no legitimate claim or research that says we are wrong to feel that way. If your car is covered in road salt and debris or some other heavy dirt then of course a lot of water and a foamy wash with a good rinse makes more sense but for guys/gals like us who generally keep their paint protected and frequently washed, ONR is quite simply the $hit!

I'm assuming you haven't tried it - do yourself a favor and give it a go, I think you'll feel a little different.

Not crusty and not attacking just making sure people have the proper info to make an "informed" decision on the topic. I wouldn't even think twice of recommending an inferior product to others.

Even if they can't let go of the detergent a cap or two full of this stuff with it will increase its lubricity.

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
What an opinionated post disguised as credible fact that will misinform people browsing this thread.

We are giving our opinion about a specific product made by a specific manufacturer and posted our "reviews" which are clearly opinions. We are not endorsing a general product type or method. My gold standard reference has context, it's the new regular wash product for me.

Your reference is to "waterless" products, which ONR is NOT. It's a rinse-less product that actually requires mostly water to be effective (1/128th ONR, the rest water). I also suggest a pre soak with their "QD" strength to loosen the dirt. It's the equivalent of washing with soap and water but you substitute a synthetic polymer blend instead of a detergent (which detergents always remove wax or sealants to some degree depending on its strength). The magic of ONR is that the polymers bind with the dirt particles and "suspend" them in a protective layer on the paint. No matter what you wash your car with you will create some sort of micro scratches in its top coat. The allure of ONR is that it is as effective as soap and water (and claims to be superior) with much less effort required and can be done anywhere you can find a bucket or clean container of some sort and a couple gallons of water. That alone makes it awesome for me, I cleaned my car in 15 mins in a parking lot near a car show tonight, grabbed a couple gallons of water at a convenience store for a grand total of $1.90 and about .50 worth of Optimum NR. Only other option was an automatic [emoji37].

Also - I think you would be very hard pressed to find enough documented opinions of pro detailers who claim ONR is not as good as detergent and water to arrive at a conclusion that it's an official opinion of an entire industry that likely has tens if not hundreds of thousands of "pros".

If you are going to post something like this that only serves to continue to scare people away from trying something new, at least come to the table by doing your research, making an apples to apples comparison and back it up with some sort of fact, test, study etc...

I hope anyone that stumbles on this thread will see that the OP's opinion and my opinion are shared by a lot of others and there really is no legitimate claim or research that says we are wrong to feel that way. If your car is covered in road salt and debris or some other heavy dirt then of course a lot of water and a foamy wash with a good rinse makes more sense but for guys/gals like us who generally keep their paint protected and frequently washed, ONR is quite simply the $hit!

I'm assuming you haven't tried it - do yourself a favor and give it a go, I think you'll feel a little different.

Not crusty and not attacking just making sure people have the proper info to make an "informed" decision on the topic. I wouldn't even think twice of recommending an inferior product to others.

Even if they can't let go of the detergent a cap or two full of this stuff with it will increase its lubricity.
Well said! Using ONR for the first time tomorrow:headbang:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

And you sound like a product commercial for Optimum so I guess your opinion is a lot more non-opinionated. :doh: The pseudo-science you state as fact is not anywhere near fact either. For every person who believes nano-tech crap there is 1 who does not, and there is absolutely no consensus as you make it sound. There is also absolutely no provable evidence you can show that any of this nanotech crap binds dirt and all that crap you stated; or doe anything at all even.

"Waterless" does not mean you do not have a bucket of water as Optimum and Gary Dean's method uses. In fact they all use a bucket of water or some volume of water. "Waterless" means no running water, no hose, not that you use no water at all. A detail spray is what you spray on and wipe with a towel with zero water- different product. This is misinformation you are stating.

More misinformation- There are MANY car soaps that claim they do not strip wax/sealant at all (weather/elements is the #1 enemy of wax/sealant, not products used). Any decent car soap should not remove wax or sealant; not any more than a waterless product; complete hogwash that some waterless wash somehow "strips less wax/sealant off." This is merely buying blindly into nano-tech spew these companies put out. If there was so much (or any) evidence it would be all over the internet, but alas there is zero. I have never ever seen measurements of sealant and wax coating depth before and after soap vs waterless wash or any type of tests with actual data. They simply don't exist that anyone has proven any synthetic product is somehow better than soap and water that has been around for decades.

And sorry but a big name who sells waterless stuff, just like ONR, admits himself that it is not as good as washing your car and can cause scratching.

[ame]

Frankly, I trust the credibility of the guy speaking against his own financial interest, who actually makes and sells the stuff himself and is on of the foremost authorities on waterless wash products, that this isn't liquid gold vs. the big corporation hocking their product.

You again miss the main point of when you use a hose you pre-rinse the car where lot of grit and dirt is washed away BEFORE you even touch the car with a soapy mit. Not so on any waterless wash method, you are wiping the full volume of dirt off with a wet towel across the paint; no matter how much BS polymers you believe you have. Rubbing with more dirt on surface=more scratching; period. There is no "evidence" needed of this, it is common sense that the more grit (dirt, dust, etc) that you get off the surface BEFORE you touch the paint the less chance of micro-scratching. Common sense, not some baseless claim of a company selling you a product.

This is the same junk science argument people use to defend their purchase of $500-1000 of Opticoat (or substitute x brand nano-coating) like it is some 100% proven godsend product, I dont have to wash or wax my car ever and is a forcefield. It's junk science unless you accept the product's limitations; just like waterless has it's limitations that it wont prevent scratching as well as traditional washing.

No one EVER said don't use a waterless product. In fact I'm pretty sure everyone even who doubt the method in any way here (myself included) and detailers are unanimous in that washing is BETTER if you can, but not the ONLY way. But anyone kidding themselves that they can use this 365/year and never wash their car, or this as their main wash method, is in for a full detail yearly to remove the swirls and scratches from the paint. The same way people are kidding themselves if they think they can Opticoat their car and not wax or take car of the paint on it for 5 years because of a manufacturer claim/warranty.

Last edited:

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
I use Optimum Rinseless Wash & Wax diluted in a wash bucket with grit guard, a wash mitt and good microfiber towels. Takes me less than 10 minutes and my guard vert always looks great. Yea, I wash with a hose every now and then, especially to keep the wheels clean but on a daily basis to clean dust, pollen and minor dirt quickly and efficiently, Optimum can't be beat.

15gtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP Flowmaster Outlaws
I have the optimum no rise but haven't used it yet. I'm confused at how people say its different than the traditional 2 bucket wash method. You are still using a bucket of water with cleaning solution and you are still using the same towels to wipe the surface. I guess the key difference is you aren't using the hard water from the hose to rinse the surface...To me I would think that would be worse do to the water possibly drying on the surface before you are able to wipe it dry.
Sponsored