Sponsored

2016 Mustang California Special Teased [UPDATE: First Glimpse of 2016 Mustang!]

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I had the hood blinkers on my 68 mustang and they worked good, I really liked them. Cant really tell by the Video, but I wonder if the blinker vents are the same size and location as the vents that are on the 2015 GT hood.
They look to be the same size/location. Ford isn't going to make a new hood and all the headaches with frontal crash ratings and testing for just one trim level. I'd say anyone who wants to retro-fit them into their 15 hoods will probably be able to. I don't, I want the extra vent room.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The hood doesn't get that hot. It probably gets hotter from sun than engine heat.
Not the Hood, the heat coming out from the engine! When i drive the car for long trips and hold my hand by the vents i can totally feel the heat! also looks like the slotted area is smaller due to the blinker taking some space there, which might decrease the hot air extraction process!

Funny thing though, it reminds me, when they designed the new Dodge Viper side exhausts, the engineering didn't think about the exhaust melting the side scoops of the car. I don't remember if it was Top Gear but they tested the car on a long trip, the car was a white color viper, at the end of the trip they realized the exhaust started melting the side scoops, there were yellow melted areas by the exit lol. I would have put a hot dip galvanized stainless steel padding there just to prevent that.

Sponsored

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wonder if the lower grill is compatible with Adaptive Cruise Control.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the fog lights have changed a little. They don't protrude as much as the 15's. Looks like it's keeping with the gloss black and brushed aluminum wheels again. From that angle, they look pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Looks like the fog lights have changed a little. They don't protrude as much as the 15's. Looks like it's keeping with the gloss black and brushed aluminum wheels again. From that angle, they look pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do look different. I wonder if it is a trick of the lighting used or not. Again guess we will see tomorrow. :)

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Not going to lie...I'm not as excited as I first was about the new GT/CS.

The 11-12 and the 13-14 both had VASTLY different cosmetics than the "regular" Mustang GT's. They had a mixture of Boss parts and accessory catalog parts. Their own wheels, too, as does this new 2016...but I don't know.

Now I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy on this new model...I just hope the differences are as much as they used to be on past models. I mean...aside from electronics and/or interior. What do you guys think?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Not going to lie...I'm not as excited as I first was about the new GT/CS.

The 11-12 and the 13-14 both had VASTLY different cosmetics than the "regular" Mustang GT's. They had a mixture of Boss parts and accessory catalog parts. Their own wheels, too, as does this new 2016...but I don't know.

Now I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy on this new model...I just hope the differences are as much as they used to be on past models. I mean...aside from electronics and/or interior. What do you guys think?
I know where you're coming from.......I was hoping for a unique front and rear fascia......and certainly that front one looks stock.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring full details of what will be included :)
Sponsored