Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
One thing I want to point out, the CA specials of the past have had stripes down the side, not on the hood.
Not quite true, Sir. They were subtle, but the '13/'14 Cali Specials did have hood stripes :)

Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Very sad that Ford still utilizes the "Fake Gas Cap" styling theme!

Very cheap looking!

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
Not sure what all the boners are about here, it's just a damn blinker. Also, given the location I wouldn't be surprised to see these fail prematurely. To each his own I guess but I'll stick with the flashing lights on the dash, they do just fine :lol:
Agreed...about as useful as a hood tach on a vintage GTO!

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The blinker in the heat-extractor is a '68 Mustang styling que.

I am interested to see what else they took from 1968...

GT500KR???

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
Maybe a vinyl top? LOL. My 15 hasn't been delivered yet, but if all the 16s will have turn signals in the hood I'm glad I didn't hold out. My only fear is possibly missing out on a Mach 1. Mine doesn't get delivered until 6/1. If they announce something like that I may have to back out and wait.

elstangman

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah it would be awesome if they bring the Mach 1, I've been waiting on that one

Bryman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's cool, but unless they change the hood design, or you have your seat jacked up really high, won't you only be able to see the left hood blinker? I know I can't see the right scoop.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If the blinker is at the hood heat-extracter, will it limit the functionality of the heat removal process? Plus if the car is running for too long, will the heat cause a malfunction or damage on the plastic lighting area? They should bring the glass roof, which looked really nice in the previous generation!

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I am sitting in my car now. Waiting on my wife who is in the store.

As i lok over my hood. I can see the vent of the drivers side heat extractor. But because of how low i sit and the hugh center ridge of the hood, i cant see anybof the passenger side extractor.

I am 6-3 if that matters.

rbeaudo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustgang GT Premium A10 VB Roush charged
I traded in my 2014 CS for my 15 loved that car I had the white one with the glass roof like in the pic . I talked my wife into getting the 16 mustang and the CS if they do come out with it

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
They certainly are one of the nicest retro pieces they've offerd on the S550. My '69 6 cyl. car has the sport appearance packge which included the 'Boss' scoop (that's what it was called, look on the underside of one sometime. Ironic since you actually couldn't get it on a Boss) with turn signal indicators. My '69 Mach 1 had it as well as my '69 Cobra Jet Grande'.
I hope they do make some changes to the GT/CS package and allow some actual performance upgrades, since my whole reason for not getting one of the SN195s was that you couldn't get Brembos, deep gears or Recaros on one.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Something tells me we won't see a Mach 1 version without some sort of power bump. This really looks like a CS version if you ask me. Maybe we will see a DI Mach 1 in 2017 model year or a 5.2 FPC version. For those thinking Mach 1, don't get your hopes up.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not quite true, Sir. They were subtle, but the '13/'14 Cali Specials did have hood stripes :)

Yah with the new pic from Topnotch you can see it's a side scoop vs a full stripe.

I hope these lights are standard on premiums or an option if you don't want the CA special .
Sponsored