Reputable Shops in Southeast Michigan

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Looking for a reputable, honest and affordable shop to install Eibach lowering springs and a few other accessories on my 2015 Ford Mustang.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Sponsored

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
I don't really look into shops as I usually do my own work but I have heard great things about Boost Controlled Performance. They do all sorts of cars and modifications.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Well Tanna THE place to take your Mustang in Metro Detroit is Livernois Motorsports. They are a big name in tuning domestics and just happen to be local.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com

Other local shop is Oakos, they are more Suby focused but they are nice guys and could do your spring install:
http://www.oakos.com

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Well Tanna THE place to take your Mustang in Metro Detroit is Livernois Motorsports. They are a big name in tuning domestics and just happen to be local.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com

Other local shop is Oakos, they are more Suby focused but they are nice guys and could do your spring install:
http://www.oakos.com
We definitely appreciate the shoutout! :clap2:

If you would like pricing and availability feel free to call us at 313 561 5500 and speak with Steve at ext. 123 email us at [email protected]

OP
OP

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Actually, I bought a tuner for my Mustang at Livernois couple of months ago. It's a great shop and the staff is very helpful. I have a Roush front fascia and want to install the 50th anniversary insert from my stock grille onto the Roush grille along with a TREX grille in the lower portion of the Roush fascia. Not sure if this is something Livernois can accommodate....my only issue with Livernois is they're quite pricey when it comes to labor. I had inquired about purchasing a thermostat however, labor on that is a little over $100.00 while the part costs about $63.00 and I had inquired about Livernois changing the spark plugs labor alone was over $200.00.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Actually, I bought a tuner for my Mustang at Livernois couple of months ago. It's a great shop and the staff is very helpful. I have a Roush front fascia and want to install the 50th anniversary insert from my stock grille onto the Roush grille along with a TREX grille in the lower portion of the Roush fascia. Not sure if this is something Livernois can accommodate....my only issue with Livernois is they're quite pricey when it comes to labor. I had inquired about purchasing a thermostat however, labor on that is a little over $100.00 while the part costs about $63.00 and I had inquired about Livernois changing the spark plugs labor alone was over $200.00.
It is definitely something that we can do, but i would have to get you in contact with Steve for availability and pricing.

As for the thermostat, I am sure that your $100 included labor, coolant and shop supplies...that's normal. But the $200 labor on spark plugs alone I would have to see to believe. That is ~3 hours of labor. We actually have some of the lowest labor rates in the universe, half of what your dealership is and we have not raised our hourly labor rate in over 5 years!

OP
OP

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good- I'll stop by in the next week or two and we can go over what I like to get done.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good- I'll stop by in the next week or two and we can go over what I like to get done.
Sounds great! Again, I'm Jaimie. If you would like I can have a quick meeting with you, Steve and myself to get you exactly what you want. :cheers:

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
Any reputable shop that is charging you less than $100/hr is treating you well these days. I was a Ford dealer tech for a long time, I'm now up here for a new job and Livernois would be one of the first places I would stop if I need anything done I can't do myself at home.
Sponsored