YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
They are! I had my car running yesterday, while I disconnexted the axle backs, and then put them back on and I heard the sound difference while car was running. I was shocked. So then I kept them lol.
Sponsored

DBiggles654

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Deep Impact Blue M/T
Hey guys I just purchased my ecoboost about a week ago and looking into an exhaust. Debating between the MF Competition and SW. I however have seen that borla released their atak and s type exhausts but can't find any clips of it anywhere. Anybody have these exhausts????

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Magnaflow Competition Catback Update.

So, now that I had this exhaust for a couple of weeks, and a few hundred miles... Let me give you an update. I was giving it a few revs today for a friend and noticed a definite change. The exhaust seems a bit quieter now, and it crackles/pops a lot less than it did right after the install.

This behavior solidifies my decision of choosing the competition vs the street. Which now after breaking it in, I feel the street would just be too quiet or close to stock.

I'll have to make a new vid this weekend, and compare.

PS: Car is still on stock tune, and it seems to be running rich. I noticed a small puff of black smoke on high revs, unloaded. There isn't a huge buildup or anything.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Yea, it does run a tad rich with the stock tune and an open exhaust. I get fire from my single 3" on hard upshifts 2nd to 3rd.

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
Since I really don't wanna cut up my rear valance to put the rush on for the quads. I was thinking of something like this to hold me over.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BJ.../180-2762618-1435342?fp=1&pc_redir=1427652945

Problem idk what size I can go. I've seen people put 5 inch tips in the stock place.

Look at MRT has some you might like.
EDIT: Their exhaust _TIPS_ (not complete exhaust kits).
http://www.shopmrt.com/category-s/1850.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=1850&show=12&page=1&search= tip

Last edited:

Sponsored

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
Mrt's packaging is shit. They do not stand behind their product. Plus they dont have a flex pipe on the downpipe. AND $1400/$1500. Try MAPerformance. A LOT cheaper and they stand behind their product and COMPETITORS.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Are the stock mufflers that restrictive? I was planning on doing a downpipe and new piping to the oem axel back. OEM mufflers have 2.5" inlets, correct? So isnt that that like almost having a 5" exhaust?

relykz

Mechanic / PC Technician
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost PP
Are the stock mufflers that restrictive? I was planning on doing a downpipe and new piping to the oem axel back. OEM mufflers have 2.5" inlets, correct? So isnt that that like almost having a 5" exhaust?
Doesn't work like that, you don't just simply add the two together and have equal to 5" exhaust. A dual 2.5" setup flows slightly better than a single 3"... a single 3.5" will typically outflow a dual 2.5" setup. Also, the choke points with the factory exhaust are the catted downpipe, the resonator, and the stock mufflers. The exhaust pipe size itself isn't really much of a restriction, not like factory exhaust systems from 10-20 years ago that had large kinks causing restriction to exhaust flow.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Thanks, I was looking and cant seem to find a sound clip of someone running a cat less downpipe, and getting rid of the resonators with the stock mufflers. I'm trying to go as free flowing as possible and trying to stay as quiet as possible.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Doesn't work like that, you don't just simply add the two together and have equal to 5" exhaust. A dual 2.5" setup flows slightly better than a single 3"... a single 3.5" will typically outflow a dual 2.5" setup. Also, the choke points with the factory exhaust are the catted downpipe, the resonator, and the stock mufflers. The exhaust pipe size itself isn't really much of a restriction, not like factory exhaust systems from 10-20 years ago that had large kinks causing restriction to exhaust flow.
Actually a dual 2 1/2 flows almost as much as a 4". Our factory dual pipes are 2.25, and therefore flow the equivalent of about a 3.1" exhaust. Making the choke point in the system the single 2.25" pipe going from the downpipe to the resonator. Downpipe + resonator delete remains the best bang for the buck on the exhaust.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Actually a dual 2 1/2 flows almost as much as a 4". Our factory dual pipes are 2.25, and therefore flow the equivalent of about a 3.1" exhaust. Making the choke point in the system the single 2.25" pipe going from the downpipe to the resonator. Downpipe + resonator delete remains the best bang for the buck on the exhaust.
Is there somewhere that you've located this info? I'd be interested in looking at it as well. I've briefly searched for info related to exhaust pipe flow, but I haven't came across anything of real value.

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
Has anyone made a full true 3 inch system all the way to the tips it could help deepen the tone too I know stainless works has 3 inch up until the muffler but doesn't that make a little back pressure going from 3 inch to 2.5

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Is there somewhere that you've located this info? I'd be interested in looking at it as well. I've briefly searched for info related to exhaust pipe flow, but I haven't came across anything of real value.
Fluid flows (gas, water, electrons) are restricted (or not) by the surface area of the cross-section of the pipes (pi*r^2), not taking other restrictions, like bends and mufflers, into account.

A of one 3" pipe =~7in^2
A of two 2.5" pipes =~10in^2
A of one 4" pipe =~12in^2

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Has anyone made a full true 3 inch system all the way to the tips it could help deepen the tone too I know stainless works has 3 inch up until the muffler but doesn't that make a little back pressure going from 3 inch to 2.5
Ultimate Racing has a single exit full 3" exhaust.

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
Fluid flows (gas, water, electrons) are restricted (or not) by the surface area of the cross-section of the pipes (pi*r^2), not taking other restrictions, like bends and mufflers, into account.

A of one 3" pipe =~28
A of two 2.5" pipes =~40
A of one 4" pipe =~50
So a 2.5 inch pipe will flow better than a 3 inch? And I know there is a single but I was hoping for a duel 3 inch
Sponsored