Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hi everyone,

You asked and Steeda listened! We were lucky that our 5 in-house S550 Mustangs all came with the rear subframe aligned properly from the factory. But, what we noticed was a lot of people out there were not as lucky. The team here at Steeda went hard to work when we started fielding calls of the rear subframe being misaligned from the factory. So here you have it, Steeda’s new S550 IRS subframe alignment kit!

The S550's subframe mounting holes are very large compared to the subframe mounting bolts. Since there is a large difference in bolt and hole size, the subframe can be mis-aligned from the factory up to 1/2" left to right.

The Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit is made from CNC-machined Delrin to avoid putting two dissimilar metals next to each other, preventing corrosion. Delrin is also less weight then aluminum or steel inserts and therefore keeping performance in mind. The Delrin sleeves slide into the subframe mounting holes, and fill the extra space left between the subframe mount and bolt from the factory.

Our Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit guarantees that the subframe will be bolted to the same location every time it is lowered. Eliminating the need for unnecessary alignments.

Something to note: An alignment is needed upon initial installation, due to the fact the subframe could have been mis-aligned from the factory and with it now being squared in the chassis, adjustments might need to be made.

The Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit is a great addition to our IRS Subframe Bushing Support System!

Product Photos:
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438-0.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438-5.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438-3.jpg
steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438-4.jpg
Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
David tell them to stop making new parts! Now I have to order these also.

Are there instructions available to make sure the the subframe isn't mis-aligned from the factory?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David tell them to stop making new parts! Now I have to order these also.

Are there instructions available to make sure the the subframe isn't mis-aligned from the factory?
We'll have those to you shortly!

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That makes me wonder if some of the cars that they've tested in head to heads were out of alignment. That would make a huge difference in their performance on a road course and in the individual handling tests.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
I know mine is offset to the driver's side by at least 5mm. I can't yell at Ford though since I have changed springs, even doing one side at a time things may have shifted. I will be buying these.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
ordered!
I'm gonna be busy next weekend, Steeda springs, sway bars, IRS support bushings, Subframe Alignment Kit, transmission bushing, hood struts and intake.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
ordered!
I'm gonna be busy next weekend, Steeda springs, sway bars, IRS support bushings, Subframe Alignment Kit, transmission bushing, hood struts and intake.

Awesome! Going to be a whole new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
Are Steeda's aluminum parts anodized? If not, what steps should we take to inhibit corrosion when bolting them to our steel subframes?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Are Steeda's aluminum parts anodized? If not, what steps should we take to inhibit corrosion when bolting them to our steel subframes?
Just seeing this! Our aluminum parts are not anodized. We treat them in-house with an anti-corrosion bath after the machining process which helps protect the surface from corrosion. There should be no worries when bolting these parts to a steel subframe. We have been doing it like this for 15+ years, no additional steps are needed on the customers' end.

If you are asking about the IRS subframe alignment kit in this thread, those are made from delrin.

Sponsored

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Awesome! Going to be a whole new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just installed the IRS alignment kit and the bushing kit on my car and your description above is exactly how I would describe it!

Thanks to Matt and Chad in the Valdosta location for hooking me up with the kits and showing us around when we visited! :D

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just installed the IRS alignment kit and the bushing kit on my car and your description above is exactly how I would describe it!

Thanks to Matt and Chad in the Valdosta location for hooking me up with the kits and showing us around when we visited! :D
Glad you're happy with the Steeda mods, enjoy! :)

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
These look great. Are there any videos showing installation? I would assume that if the subframe is out of line it has to be shifted. How on earth do you move it? I tried lifting it and could barely lift it 6 inches with both arms, much less lift and hold with one hand while threading a bolt lol

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
These look great. Are there any videos showing installation? I would assume that if the subframe is out of line it has to be shifted. How on earth do you move it? I tried lifting it and could barely lift it 6 inches with both arms, much less lift and hold with one hand while threading a bolt lol
You could place a jack underneath the subframe or underneath the lower control arm until you can get the bolt in. You would loosen up all four subframe bolts - once you get it started and thread it up one bolt at a time, leave it a bit loose so you can get the other bolts in, then tighten all four.

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
The Steeda alignment sleeves include (2) long and narrow sleeves and (2)
shorter and wider sleeves,

Maybe it is obvious when installing, but can anyone answer definitively, since the instructions don't explain:

The shorter, wider sleeves go in front or rear?
Sponsored