GT350/GT350R Mustang Production Numbers

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
WTF, looks like he pulled it from his Facebook. All it says now is "Can't wait to see these in our showroom!" I have a contact at that dealership who I e-mailed to see if they know what's going on.
I am sure Ford made him pull his info. That has happened a few times here when info was leaked.
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
No offence in anyway meant to Manny, but where did he get this info? I know he works for a Ford dealer in NV. However I called my very talkative source and he said he has heard nothing yet. Just wondering... I spoke with Manny recently (today) and he told me that the 500 "R" versions would be allocated based on past sales of Mustangs (has anyone read, or heard this?)....well my source said that when the ordering opens up you can choose either a base GT 350 or the option "R"(if you are willing to part with the extra cash) but Manny said that every dealer that filled out the application will be guaranteed 1 GT350 (not 1 "R" version) Again going back to my source, is that if theoretically everyone ordered a "R" version (not going to happen I know) but when the ordering bank show more than the allotment sold then (500, if this is the number) ordering would close out on the "R". This to me makes more sense. The LS BOSS 302 was limited but really anyone could of order it if they had the cash. It would seem that the "R" version would be the same...when it comes down to signing on the dotted line and there is 12-15K difference between the 2 even if you had the extra cash in the bank, you are going to think twice, unless you are; just a down right track guy or a sucker for the best of the best kinda guy. (Lm the latter...lol)
Anyone have any ideas?:shrug:
Regarding the Boss LS. You did not have the option of ordering whichever car you wanted. Allocations for LS were separate from regular boss allocations. You could only get an LS if the dealer had an allocation for one. I would be surprised if the GT350 and 350R were not done the same way.

tal

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Regarding the Boss LS. You did not have the option of ordering whichever car you wanted. Allocations for LS were separate from regular boss allocations. You could only get an LS if the dealer had an allocation for one. I would be surprised if the GT350 and 350R were not done the same way.

tal
Okay will I was miss-informed then, I was told that if you could order a BOSS 302 from the dealer that "said dealer" could of ordered a LS BOSS. Okay well I stand corrected. If this is the cast...the small dealer I am getting the GT350 from will very doubtably get an "R"...so if this is right..(sucks) I will be getting only (I say.."only"..as a spoiled brat..lol) a GT350 with a Track PAC

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
Okay will I was miss-informed then, I was told that if you could order a BOSS 302 from the dealer that "said dealer" could of ordered a LS BOSS. Okay well I stand corrected. If this is the cast...the small dealer I am getting the GT350 from will very doubtably get an "R"...so if this is right..(sucks) I will be getting only (I say.."only"..as a spoiled brat..lol) a GT350 with a Track PAC
That's not necessarily true. If they do the GT350 and R like they did the Boss and LS a small dealer may still get an R. Probably the smallest dealer in my area (NE Wisconsin) got no regular Boss but got an LS. Strange and makes no sense to me but I did not design the Boss and LS allocation process. Was not trying to rain on your parade at any rate. Good luck and I hope you get what you want.
tal

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
That's not necessarily true. If they do the GT350 and R like they did the Boss and LS a small dealer may still get an R. Probably the smallest dealer in my area (NE Wisconsin) got no regular Boss but got an LS. Strange and makes no sense to me but I did not design the Boss and LS allocation process. Was not trying to rain on your parade at any rate. Good luck and I hope you get what you want.
tal
But as I said Manny said the "R" allocations were/was based on past sales of Mustangs...this small dealership would no way qualify under those conditions. So you are telling me the LS BOSS was not based on this but some random Lottery of sorts? Does anyone know how this worked..Im even more confused now...:headbonk:

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
There was a lottery process which was a part of the process back then. When I was going through the Boss ordering process back in late 2011 I could have explained it in detail but unfortunately I can't remember all the details anymore. The process went something like for every mustang a dealership sold they got a ticket that went in a lottery. If their ticket was selected then they got an LS. Obviously more mustang sales meant more tickets and thus more chances of getting an LS as well as a regular Boss. Maybe someone has a better memory than me can chime in.

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
I copied the following from on old post on Mustang Source

"Here is the allocation plan for the Boss.

The New Boss 302 is back after a 40 year hiatus. This no-nonsense enthusiast track car is built for the street with the race track as its lab. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 is set to become the best-handling Mustang ever offered by Ford.

This purpose built vehicle is available in two trims for a limited run --Boss 302 & Boss 302 "Laguna Seca" package featuring a 440 HP Hi-Po 302 V8 Engine.

Methods for Earning Allocation
All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

1) Share of Nation
oApproximately 75% of the 2012 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation
oThose dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through July, this is the Top 794 Mustang dealers
o12 months of sales (October '09 - September '10) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of September
oEach of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302
2) Lottery
oThose Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation
oEach dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (October '09 - September '10)
oThose dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the last 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery
oNo dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery
Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.

To help manager customer expectations for ordering the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang, all 2011 MY dealer production guides will be communicated in early October. Dealers will be given their full year guide numbers along with the quarter(s) their unit(s) will be scheduled. This will enable dealers to manage customer expectations regarding availability and timing. Production is scheduled to begin in late January and will conclude in December 2011."

Hopefully this will help clarify things. If you have more questions go check out Mustang Source forums and search under Boss 302 allocation process which is where I got this. Obviously this is no guarantee that GT350 allocation will be don this way

tal

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I know it was mentioned somewhere previously...but does anyone still think there will be an ultra limited production to end 2015? Like 125, 50th anniv GT350s? I had heard it before and have heard it recently too...honestly I don't know how feasible it is but anything is possible and it would be very awesome!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I know it was mentioned somewhere previously...but does anyone still think there will be an ultra limited production to end 2015? Like 125, 50th anniv GT350s? I had heard it before and have heard it recently too...honestly I don't know how feasible it is but anything is possible and it would be very awesome!
Highly doubtful- modern world of smog certification etc. Do not think the new engine is ready for smog certification....but who knows. With the 15 teething problems I do not think they will rush this just for an anniversary name sake. But again, who knows.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
with a production of 5k units and more than 3k dealerships, that is <2 GT350's per dealership. I don't see why anyone would think that would alleviate ADM.
:clap2:
And many of those 3000 dealerships may not even get one (out in the country truck stores etc.

ADM will be standard out here in Cali for at least 2-3 years based upon GT500 experiences. Boss 302 was at MSRP by the end of 2013 production but that car reached a slightly different audience. As big as the Boss name is the GT350 is even bigger and Shelby nuts will be screaming for this car.

The GT350R will never go for MSRP out here in Cali unless it's MSRP is a crazy high number.

NOW- there are some dealers in the US who will sell at MSRP NO matter what the vehicle--just the belief system of the dealership owner--find one of those you can consider yourself lucky.

I've never paid above MSRP for a car...but I'll willing to go about 10k over for a GT350R and I have NO confidence in being able to get one. Sorry- NO ADM guys- I fully support you but at 57 I have no interest in waiting (just what the stealerships are counting on).