Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
We offer a quality 5000K D3 replacement as well

They are significantly less expensive than CBI's

Nick C.
Only good things to say about Diode Dynamics! Nick's team is top notch.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
At theretrofitsource.com they claim the brightness of the D3S at 5500k is higher than the factory 4300k. How is that possible?

And how is the bulb from diodedynamics compare to that line of product? If I learn anything from car parts, you normally get what you pay for...

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
isnt it a B! to installed the headlights and fog lights in the 2015??

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
At theretrofitsource.com they claim the brightness of the D3S at 5500k is higher than the factory 4300k. How is that possible?

And how is the bulb from diodedynamics compare to that line of product? If I learn anything from car parts, you normally get what you pay for...
Our HID bulb replacements come from the same manufacturer (CN Lighting) as TRS'. A 4300K HID bulb will have more visible output than a 5500K bulb.

However, Osram CBI's are an industry leader, but they also cost $250+

A claim is only a claim until you back it up with facts and objective data. Ask to see the testing process if you aren't sure what the lumen output actually is.

All of the LED lumen figres listed on our site are measurements:

[ame]

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Any way to upgrade the fogs to 6000K? They're a little yellow compare to my other lights. I upgrade the signals which I think are white with a blue tint. It makes the fogs look old.
The factory fog lights are already LED assemblies from Valeo. They produce a nice output pattern and plenty of usable light.

You can remove the factory LED housings and install a new non-LED housing, but the factory housings are high-quality.

Nick C.

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Took the Green Machine to the dealer for a small warranty issue. Handled professionally
by Jim Kozlowski of Freehold Ford. He loved the Procharger.

Thurman15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thurman
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic Auto
Installed the Lund tune! WOW, can't get that damn grin off my face. Thanks Beefcake!

Sponsored

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport

did a little digging in hidplanet.com and found this, "The CBI wasn't revolutionary because it was the "brightest" bulb, it was revolutionary because it was the first bulb at 5,000K to match the lumen output of a 4,300K bulb". i also think i read somewhere awhile back, when i was going to do a retrofit, its because of the gasses in the bulb. either way can go wrong with osram, it is an oem bulb supplier after all.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
did a little digging in hidplanet.com and found this, "The CBI wasn't revolutionary because it was the "brightest" bulb, it was revolutionary because it was the first bulb at 5,000K to match the lumen output of a 4,300K bulb". i also think i read somewhere awhile back, when i was going to do a retrofit, its because of the gasses in the bulb. either way can go wrong with osram, it is an oem bulb supplier after all.
The xenon gas has very little to do with the actual output of the system. It's only there to assist with the atomization of the metal hallide salts inside the bulb chamber. Xenon has become a clever marketing term for any aftermarket headlight that produces a white color.

The ballasts are much more critical to the performance of the lighting system than the bulbs.

Osram is definitely a top quality provider, but they are also more than 2x the cost of other quality replacements

Nick C.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
is there a video on how to install the headlights one out there for the 2015?

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)